Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Are there any useful widgets for dashboard besides the stock ones and iStat nano?

I'm wondering if there's anything else that's awesome and would be useful for someone who does a little bit of EVERYTHING on his macbook pro.
:D

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
Here's a link to the old Apple Widget page: http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

Unfortunately widgets seem to be on their way out. The App Store has few if any. Which is a shame since they were a great way to get quick information.
I have ones for tracking the weather, printer ink levels, and mail orders.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I don't think the App Store has ANY dashboard widgets...

Also, I don't think they are totally on their way out, as Apple continues to refine Dashboard in Mountain Lion. I personally think they are convenient and will continue to use them :cool:

PS- here is a widget I made just for fun. It doesn't do much, but it was fun to make :D

Attachments

• The Cool Widget.wdgt.zip
    63.8 KB · Views: 141

Negritude

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
There are lots of GREAT dashboard widgets, but nowadays, widgets have fallen out of fashion and are not paid attention to anymore.

I've got widgets for all sorts of simple or fun things that are quicker and easier to access via the dashboard than opening another app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.