Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fayad77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
Hi there

I just got the new ipad. I had the ipad 1 which i am giving to my son.
I have one itunes account. I need to synch the two ipads to the same itunes account but selecting apps for each ipad (need to put his games only on his ipad and my apps only in mine). can anyone help????

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
Hi there

I just got the new ipad. I had the ipad 1 which i am giving to my son.
I have one itunes account. I need to synch the two ipads to the same itunes account but selecting apps for each ipad (need to put his games only on his ipad and my apps only in mine). can anyone help????

This should happen by default. I have an iPad and an iPhone registered to my iTunes account, and I sync both of these in iTunes.

If I open iTunes and select each device individually, I can specify what apps I want to sync to that device by clicking the Apps tab and specifying the required apps. This should be all you need to do.

Good luck!

RTP.

fayad77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
Tha k you for your reply.
Is there anyway I can categorize the apps in folders or groups so I can select easily. I have too many apps and don't want to go through selection every time I synchronize any of the iPads

Thanks again
Dina

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
You'll only have to do it once for each device, after that it will remember your selections. Unless you plan to continually change which apps are where.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
1. In the apps tab for each device in iTunes, make sure "automatically sync new apps" is unchecked.

2. I find it easier to just delete unwanted apps from each iPad. Once you delete an app, iTunes will remember that and not copy it back when you sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.