PDA

View Full Version : Any Speculation on New Look/Feel?

JNSC
Jun 10, 2012, 10:35 PM
I guess Maps and Siri are going to be the bigger 2 things out of the "7 Things Scott Forstall is Allowed to Show Us" for iOS 6, but apparently one might be some sort of interface redesign/facelift. I don't think Apple will totally overhaul the essence of the home screen and the way you launch apps, because I think the rounded square has become iOS's cultural logo (on Home Buttons, in all the ads)....

That new silver look, probably.
Widgets, maybe.
Music/Video/Phone total redesign, eehh.

So what do you guys think will be the big reveal about a design change, if there is one at all?

Dima470
Jun 10, 2012, 10:50 PM
I hope they add multitasking much like OS X Lion. I would have no complains at all on anything else if they did.

irDigital0l
Jun 10, 2012, 11:37 PM
I dont see the UI being changed very much if at all.

One thing I would REALLY like is live icons for weather and clock.

How hard can it be Apple?

JNSC
Jun 11, 2012, 08:56 AM
I hope they add multitasking much like OS X Lion. I would have no complains at all on anything else if they did.
Like Mission Control animations or swiping through apps, or both? I think there's swiping on the iPad but I don't have one.

That's a good idea...now that you mention it I want that too haha. Another thing would be to choose what weather app Notification Center draws its data from. I use the Weather Channel more than Apple's version, I think Apple's goes by Yahoo and I've found the Weather Channel to me more accurate in the past. Having the same images up top, just with the forecasts taken from TWC would be cool too.

MarcBook
Jun 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
I'm really hoping for the overall visual style to be made consistent across all devices. Currently, the iPad has (in my opinion) a more modern look and feel, with the status bar always being black, no more pinstripes and a consistently silver/grey style to interface elements (rather than the blue-tinted look of the iPhone).

I think it would make sense for the iPhone's UI to adopt this cleaner appearance; it's always struck me as odd that the iPad and iPhone have been different this whole time.

gofightlose
Jun 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
I just want it to be cleaned up a bit. Not change for the sake of change.
I really hope the lockscreen is updated though.

Tsuchiya
Jun 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
I just want it to be cleaned up a bit. Not change for the sake of change.
I really hope the lockscreen is updated though.

Nice! Is that a concept picture or a jailbreak theme?

gofightlose
Jun 11, 2012, 11:07 AM
Nice! Is that a concept picture or a jailbreak theme?

Ah. I think this might be just a concept photo.
but there is a similar jailbreak! http://inforains.com/fold-to-unlock-becomes-real-cydia-tweak-with-unfold-lockscreen-download-now-video/

-Knight-
Jun 11, 2012, 11:13 AM

Live icons would really be a nice feature, especially for the iPad.

irDigital0l
Jun 11, 2012, 04:21 PM
Live icons would really be a nice feature, especially for the iPad.

Well...it didn't happen.

I really wasn't surprised...at all.