Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNSC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
I guess Maps and Siri are going to be the bigger 2 things out of the "7 Things Scott Forstall is Allowed to Show Us" for iOS 6, but apparently one might be some sort of interface redesign/facelift. I don't think Apple will totally overhaul the essence of the home screen and the way you launch apps, because I think the rounded square has become iOS's cultural logo (on Home Buttons, in all the ads)....

That new silver look, probably.
Widgets, maybe.
Music/Video/Phone total redesign, eehh.

So what do you guys think will be the big reveal about a design change, if there is one at all?

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
I dont see the UI being changed very much if at all.

One thing I would REALLY like is live icons for weather and clock.

How hard can it be Apple?

JNSC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
I hope they add multitasking much like OS X Lion. I would have no complains at all on anything else if they did.
Like Mission Control animations or swiping through apps, or both? I think there's swiping on the iPad but I don't have one.

I dont see the UI being changed very much if at all.
One thing I would REALLY like is live icons for weather and clock.

How hard can it be Apple?

That's a good idea...now that you mention it I want that too haha. Another thing would be to choose what weather app Notification Center draws its data from. I use the Weather Channel more than Apple's version, I think Apple's goes by Yahoo and I've found the Weather Channel to me more accurate in the past. Having the same images up top, just with the forecasts taken from TWC would be cool too.

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
I'm really hoping for the overall visual style to be made consistent across all devices. Currently, the iPad has (in my opinion) a more modern look and feel, with the status bar always being black, no more pinstripes and a consistently silver/grey style to interface elements (rather than the blue-tinted look of the iPhone).

I think it would make sense for the iPhone's UI to adopt this cleaner appearance; it's always struck me as odd that the iPad and iPhone have been different this whole time.

gofightlose

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2011
I just want it to be cleaned up a bit. Not change for the sake of change.
I really hope the lockscreen is updated though.

Attachments

• Bigger.jpeg
    Bigger.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 191
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.