PDA

View Full Version : Apple Back to School Promo Starts Tomorrow with iTunes Gift Cards: $100 for Macs, $50 for iPad

MacRumors
Jun 11, 2012, 09:54 AM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/11/apple-back-to-school-promo-starts-tomorrow-with-itunes-gift-cards-100-for-macs-50-for-ipad/)

MacRumors has learned that Apple will be launching its annual Back to School promotion tomorrow in the United States and likely a number of other countries. As in previous years (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/16/apple-launches-2011-back-to-school-promotion/), Apple will be offering iTunes Store gift cards to educational customers purchasing qualifying products.

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/06/itunes_store_cards.jpg

The major new addition to the program this year is the iPad, with purchasers receiving a $50 iTunes Store gift card with the purchase of a new iPad. The Mac aspect of the program appears to be the same as in previous years, with qualified purchases earning a $100 gift card. We have not yet confirmed exactly which Mac systems will qualify for the program, but in past years the Mac mini has not been eligible for the promotion.

As with previous years, the cards should be valid across Apple's digital stores, including the iTunes Store, iOS App Store, Mac App Store, and iBookstore.

Article Link: Apple Back to School Promo Starts Tomorrow with iTunes Gift Cards: $100 for Macs, $50 for iPad (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/11/apple-back-to-school-promo-starts-tomorrow-with-itunes-gift-cards-100-for-macs-50-for-ipad/)

2LMedia
Jun 11, 2012, 09:55 AM
Called it. Not surprising.

I8P'CS
Just in time for NEW products!! Enjoy Students!!

imageWIS
Didn't the back to school promo at one time give you $100 off a Mac, not an iTunes gift card?

Grimace
Jun 11, 2012, 09:56 AM
$50 store card for an iPad purchase is really generous! Apple is pushing those tablets hard!

Ryth
$100...if I'm buying a $4k MBPro...I better get more then a $100 gift card. :)

GizmoDVD
Didn't the back to school promo at one time give you $100 off a Mac, not an iTunes gift card?

Used to be free iPod (up to, IIRC, $250 or something).

emwgradstudent

Students can still get a $100 discount. The "extra" used to be an iPod Touch.

MacReloaded

Used to be buy a Mac and get a free iPod nano, then it was the touch, then $100 on the Mac App Store.

GBPac12
Does anyone one have some positive experiences selling the iTunes gift cards??

deadlystriker
Jun 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
I miss the free ipod with a mac purchase

ECUpirate44

I may be mistaken, but I believe the $100 discount is in conjunction with the gift card.

Intarweb
Another fake B2S promo from Apple.

samac92
What we expected really, this amounted to a 65 gift card here in the UK.

malman89
Huge yawner, especially for students, but to be expected.

Medic311
this BTS2012 promo is a joke (2 years running now) for the consumer, but genius for apple. i applaud them for getting away with it for 2 years in a row and for everyone who will defend apple for doing so (blindly i might add). i can count on that statement being quoted dozens of times by people who are against me: "if you don't like it, then don't buy it".... "apple doesn't care about 1 pissed off customer"...."be happy with that b/c what makes you feel you are entitled to anything with your purchase" . all valid points i will admit, but we are in a forum so my opinion has been stated. oh well.

i understand that the Touch is a more expensive device now so they don't want to give that away, but what about the Nano? heck, apple could have given away a Shuffle which would be perfect for college students. i would take a $49 Shuffle over a $100 iTunes card and i'm an engineering grad student (the shuffle would have been perfect). no Shuffle? fine...but at least give me the option to buy a Shuffle with the $100 card. most of the software that apple wants me to purchase i get free through my university student software program (part of the tech fee they make you pay). almost all college-bound students either in undergrad or grad school receive this perk but many don't care to take advantage of it. if you're in high school, then yes...you usually have to purchase your own software for your home computer

you still get $50-$200 off the purchase of a Mac computer (depending on the model) for being a student. their student purchase policy is really liberal. basically you just need to be able to name a school and you get it

mrgraff
Not sure about that, but I can tell you that when I got my Mac as a back to school promo in 2009, I got a free 8GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch.

Cougarcat
Jun 11, 2012, 09:58 AM

No, you always get $100-200 off with Edu discount.

You used to get a free iPod touch which you could then sell.

slu
Jun 11, 2012, 09:58 AM

It used to be Buy a Mac and get a free iPod, which was a much better deal.

omgitswes
Jun 11, 2012, 09:59 AM
meh. I'll take it though

afurry13
Jun 11, 2012, 10:02 AM
So does that mean i have to wait till tomorrow to purchase? Was hoping it would launch in line with the mac release. They better not have shipping delays if i wait till tomrorow

applesith
Jun 11, 2012, 10:03 AM
Good! That justifies a purchase of the rumored $4k pimped out MBP!

GizmoDVD
So does that mean i have to wait till tomorrow to purchase? Was hoping it would launch in line with the mac release. They better not have shipping delays if i wait till tomrorow

I doubt they will ship anything today anyway.

cmChimera
Why not today?

olowott
Jun 11, 2012, 10:04 AM
As a student :D you get a certain discount off ur mac, which is standard and now you get the gift card too:D

Doesnt work for the ipad though that is the student discount, tried it for both iphone and ipad :rolleyes:

jlnr
Jun 11, 2012, 10:04 AM
The Mac promo is a great deal for Apple. Most students will probably buy all of iWork with that money, given that Office is not on the MAS and they need something to write & present.

newyorksole
Jun 11, 2012, 10:05 AM
meh. I'll take it though

You have no choice. Of course you'll take it.

lifeinhd
Jun 11, 2012, 10:06 AM
If I were buying a couple years ago as a student, I would have had a new machine, a student discount, an iPod Touch, and a free printer. Now I get a new machine, a student discount, and a piece of plastic that Apple will see a $30 return on. Awell.

RobinHood5
Yaaaaa!!! I'm a student!!! And I'm getting a iMac!!!

Xscapes
Can I get the $100 student discount and the gift card during this period?

charlieegan3
Thank god it is for all the digital stores... don't know what i would do with a $100 of music or books...

myrtlebee
Jun 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
Will I get a $50 gift card if I purchase a refurbished iPad 2 from the online store?

ECUpirate44
Jun 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
Will I get a $50 gift card if I purchase a refurbished iPad 2 from the online store?

Refurbs are not eligible.

Comeagain?
Jun 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
Can I get the $100 student discount and the gift card during this period?

Are you a student?

afurry13
Jun 11, 2012, 10:11 AM

no, refurbs do not qualify. has to be new
----------

[/COLOR]I doubt they will ship anything today anyway.

would still like to get the order in to avoid delays

charlieegan3
Jun 11, 2012, 10:12 AM

You still get an education discount, which can be quite a big saving.

Blu-Ray
Jun 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Guees I have to wait until tomorrow to purchase a new Mac then.

My only gripe with the promo is that it doesn't also work in the Apple store. I'm sure I'll be able to find a way to purchase $100 in software/apps eventually, but would be nice to be able to use it on a new iPod, nest thermostat or something like that.

myrtlebee
no, refurbs do not qualify. has to be new
----------

[/COLOR]

How do you know this? (would like to read the terms and conditions for myself)

Gator24765
damn I miss the old days of the free ipod touch..

Anyone, does anyone know about other stores that will price match plus the giftcard of Education discount?

mrat93
Jun 11, 2012, 10:14 AM
BOOM. Called it! (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1344154)

TheMacBookPro
Jun 11, 2012, 10:15 AM
Not surprising that they're not bringing back the free iPod deal, this costs a lot less for Apple to offer. Shame, though, as I'd have liked a free/cheap iPod classic.

UbuntuFu
Jun 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
meh, too bad they can't give you a $100 gift card to the real Apple store...so you know, i can pick up a laptop bag or portable hard drive, i don't know what i would i spend $100 on at the app store.

12dylan34
Ah, I was hoping to order today, given that new hardware would be up for order. Oh well, I can wait one more day. In other news, not even a lazy college student like me could sleep until 11:00 (mountain) on such an exciting day for Apple fans. 1:44:00 more.

Rodimus Prime
It used to be Buy a Mac and get a free iPod, which was a much better deal.

yep. Apple EDU support has been going down hill for years. Piss poor would be an improvement sadly.

Navdakilla
Jun 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
hmmm.. depending on the new airs or 13" mbp, I may have to jump on this

orr then hit up the refurbs

Xscapes
Jun 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
Are you a student?

Of course, that's why i asked.

Jaro65
Jun 11, 2012, 10:19 AM
If I were buying a couple years ago as a student, I would have had a new machine, a student discount, an iPod Touch, and a free printer. Now I get a new machine, a student discount, and a piece of plastic that Apple will see a $30 return on. Awell.

Miss those days.

afurry13
Jun 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
How do you know this? (would like to read the terms and conditions for myself)

I purchased a refurb mac back in 2009 while the deal was going on and i got nothing.

KPOM
Why not today?

Because chances are the new Macs won't be available until tomorrow. That's how it was last year with the MacBook Air. There were also no lines last year on July 21st, which I suspect will be the case this year, even though more lines are being updated. Apple sells as many iPads in one quarter as they do Macs in nearly one year now, so they are equipped to handle whatever demand comes in.

afurry13

you still get the printer :p kind of lame that apple isn't offering an iPod though. Nobody wants them anymore, might as well get rid of stock.

racer1441
Jun 11, 2012, 10:21 AM
Used to be free iPod (up to, IIRC, $250 or something).

Yes, a much better deal then vs a gift card.

jclardy
Jun 11, 2012, 10:22 AM

Students already get discounts on Mac's, separate from this. The deal used to be a free iPod with a mac during the summer, now it is iTunes gift cards.

smkmn13
Jun 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
...literally just arrived 15 minutes ago...as I'm super psyched, and syncing it for the first time, blahblahblah, what are the odds I can get the $50 retroactively? :cool::p

nickn
Jun 11, 2012, 10:23 AM
Remember when you used to get a free iPod Touch?

Medic311
Jun 11, 2012, 10:24 AM
you still get the printer :p kind of lame that apple isn't offering an iPod though. Nobody wants them anymore, might as well get rid of stock.

no they ended the printer program. that was announced months ago

codyc815
...literally just arrived 15 minutes ago...as I'm super psyched, and syncing it for the first time, blahblahblah, what are the odds I can get the $50 retroactively? :cool::p

I'd say pretty good, I believe last year they counted purchases made 2 weeks before the start of the promo. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

myrtlebee
I purchased a refurb mac back in 2009 while the deal was going on and i got nothing.

Well, however unlikely, it is 2012 not 2009 and they have made some changes to the back to school program (transition from free iPod to gift card), so you never know. Guess I will wait until someone has the full terms and conditions for this year's promotion.

KylePowers
Jun 11, 2012, 10:27 AM
I had a feeling it'd start tomorrow :D

If I get a new Mac this summer, I'll probably go through Best Buy. They match the student discount and give you a $100 Best Buy giftcard as well. This would be much more useful for me than an App Store discount (but that's just me, of course).

Additionally, my credit card gives 5% back, so perhaps that's an option too (but it'd have to be ordered online).

Then again, if I go BTO, Apple.com is my only option. Might go corporate savings though, as it's a tad better than the education discount.

S13eric
Jun 11, 2012, 10:28 AM
Sucks balls for loyal customers (cough) who bought the new iPad on release day.

imagine18
Jun 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
I'm assuming that the iPad itself isn't going to receive a discount, is it? In the UK it receives about 1 off with student discount but if they're actually doing it as part of the Back to School range... I'd be interested to see whether they'll do a discount on the product itself.

Medic311
I had a feeling it'd start tomorrow :D

If I get a new Mac this summer, I'll probably go through Best Buy. They match the student discount and give you a $100 Best Buy giftcard as well. This would be much more useful for me than an App Store discount (but that's just me, of course).

Additionally, my credit card gives 5% back, so perhaps that's an option too (but it'd have to be ordered online).

plus if you use your Best Buy Rewards Zone card you get a whopping rewards certificate back from your $2,000 purchase

it's a better deal overall to buy it from Best Buy

Nuts4Mac
I'd like the iPod over the gift card. I have received 4 free iPods in the past through this deal Apple offered and its a real help to resell after making a big purchase. I have heard of decent success selling gift cards though. You get about 95% of there value on eBay.

Hoping the new MB Airs offer a lower price. Rumors are going around there may be a $799 11" model offered. Then again, I'd like a 13" 8gig RAM, 512 HD, retina display model. We'll soon know....:)

Medic311
Jun 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
Sucks balls for loyal customers (cough) who bought the new iPad on release day.

it gives all of the customers who returned/exchanged 8 iPads before giving up all together a little incentive to overlook the yellow tinted screen and single pixel failures for the $50 card

theonekcrow
Jun 11, 2012, 10:35 AM
I have been considering getting a mac since I am going back to school in a couple of months. This is gonna be a huge bonus!

kevkevykev
Jun 11, 2012, 10:38 AM
Student discount works out in the region of 15% which is quite substantial if you ask my honest opinion.
I'm a student myself and I think this discount offered is pretty great by big multi national corporation standard, surely?

So anything extra offered in the way of vouchers is icing on an already icy cake :-p

BTW I'm taking the big financial plunge and getting a mac pro after today's refresh. I'm a ProTools HD user and need the card slots and workload grunt from the xeon CPU's.
I also have to say I am nervous as s@it about the potential for this all to go belly up and the 'concrete rumours' regarding the refresh to be nothing more than bullsh@t...
Little over an hour to go :eek:

Hope everyone gets what they were after from todays events!

erandall38
Jun 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
Used to be buy a Mac and get a free iPod nano, then it was the touch, then $100 on the Mac App Store.

It used to be buy a mac get $100 off, a free ipod (or similar credit to a higher priced iPod), AND a free printer, AND large discounts on software.

I think the discounts on software might still be there.

KylePowers
Jun 11, 2012, 10:44 AM
plus if you use your Best Buy Rewards Zone card you get a whopping rewards certificate back from your $2,000 purchase

it's a better deal overall to buy it from Best Buy
Ah, that too! Definitely agree.

TheMacBookPro
Jun 11, 2012, 10:47 AM

Refurbs do not qualify for any of the educational benefits. No edu discount, no freebies.

Rothgarr
Jun 11, 2012, 10:50 AM

First world problems...

If you can afford a $4,000 laptop for school surely you don't care about a gift card... You could always get a Dell...

Heyref
Jun 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
Well, the Apple Store is down. So much for those who were saying there would be no new products,a minority I know, but I did see that voiced on one local SF teevee station last night.

lifeinhd
Jun 11, 2012, 10:51 AM

There is no more free printer, that ended some time ago. I was quite psyched for that too believe it or not, as my not-too-old Epson bit the dust shortly before they announced the end of the promo. Ended up buying an HP with Airplay on my own dime.

It used to be buy a mac get $100 off, a free ipod (or similar credit to a higher priced iPod), AND a free printer, AND large discounts on software.

I think the discounts on software might still be there.

This is the first I'm hearing about large discounts on software. What sorts of titles, and how large are the discounts? (I'd head over to apple.com/store to check, but... :rolleyes:)

Intarweb
Jun 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
At the max this costs Apple $70 since they chop 30% off the top. Hopefully like last year Best Buy matches price and give a Best Buy gift card. I believe that's what the did last year. That's a far better deal for the consumer.

markintosh
Jun 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
I like most of you were disappointed in the B2S last year (expected this year, but $50 on an iPad is great!).

However, look at the facts. Last year, Apple outsold Windows laptops nearly 2 to 1 for college students buying new laptops. That's the target for the B2S market. This deal is HUGE and costs Apple only $70 (which is great for me as a stockholder).

cmChimera
Jun 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
Because chances are the new Macs won't be available until tomorrow. That's how it was last year with the MacBook Air. There were also no lines last year on July 21st, which I suspect will be the case this year, even though more lines are being updated. Apple sells as many iPads in one quarter as they do Macs in nearly one year now, so they are equipped to handle whatever demand comes in.

Makes sense. So would the Apple store come back up today with info, and then sales start tomorrow?

Rodimus Prime
Jun 11, 2012, 10:56 AM

You missed a few. It was a LARGER student discount as well. They have been cutting it does for years now.

Hoosier43
So if I have the education discount, I can apply that to the new MacBook & get the $100 gift card?

Are we assuming the MBPs will go on sale tomorrow morning for pre-order?

I'm picturing a doomsday scenario where pre-orders happen today & I will get no discounts...

Anyone know if that is in anyway likely?

Comeagain?
Of course, that's why i asked.

Then yes.

mattATK217
Jun 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
So for anyone who has gotten this $100 gift card last year, what did you buy with it? Or did you try and sell the card for cash. I would love to get the gift card, but I have no idea what I would spend the $100 on. I don't need 50-100 apps for my iPhone, and I don't really need any other software from apple. So I'm kinda at a loss for what to use it on.

erandall38
Jun 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
This is the first I'm hearing about large discounts on software. What sorts of titles, and how large are the discounts? (I'd head over to apple.com/store to check, but... :rolleyes:)

From what I remember, it was any software you wanted. I remember picking up office,a game, and mobile me. I just can't remember what percentage off it was. For some reason I'm thinking 30%. I think it was 30%, but possible it could have been 50%.

I know it was significant and I really enjoyed it. The free printer was great too, although I believe it was for $100 towards a printer basically. So you could buy a more expensive one and just get the credit towards it.

I always came out really good, $100 off, sell the ipod for $200, sell the printer for $50, and discounted software. If your buying a 1200 macbook (at the time), it works out pretty well!

malman89
Jun 11, 2012, 11:00 AM
So if I have the education discount, I can apply that to the new MacBook & get the $100 gift card?

Are we assuming the MBPs will go on sale tomorrow morning for pre-order?

I'm picturing a doomsday scenario where pre-orders happen today & I will get no discounts...

Anyone know if that is in anyway likely?

Doomsday? Drama queen? Regardless of the answer, whether you order today or tomorrow, you're not going to get it right away and most schools are out, so why worry whether it's 2 days or 2 weeks?

SiriusFlash
Jun 11, 2012, 11:02 AM
I was hoping for an iPod (didn't really expect it though), but oh well, something is better than nothing!

Trix10
Jun 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
Just wondering (and hoping), our eldest daughter is just finishing senior school (UK) and about to go to college soon, and has already been accepted. My partner also wants a iPad 3, so can we somehow buy the iPad 3 through this promotion for a much reduced price?

Anyone have any experience using this promotion in the UK? Thanks

Steelers7510
Jun 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
Everything is beginning to line for me to purchase a new MacBook air! Can't wait!

salmoally
Jun 11, 2012, 11:12 AM
Can't really feel sorry for students who are able to put up $4000 for a macbook pro getting "only" a $100 itunes card...

mattATK217
Jun 11, 2012, 11:14 AM
Can't really feel sorry for students who are able to put up $4000 for a macbook pro getting "only" a $100 itunes card...

Why not? If you were going to spend $4000 or even $2000 on a new MBP, you wouldn't be upset you are getting "only" a $100 GC instead of a iPod Touch as in previous years?

Chupa Chupa
Jun 11, 2012, 11:23 AM

Why? Does Apple even owe you anything for buying a $4K anything other than the product you are buying? I'm 100% it doesn't so take the $100 GC that, by the way, is only offered to students, so if you weren't a student you'd be getting a $0 GC.

Why not? If you were going to spend $4000 or even $2000 on a new MBP, you wouldn't be upset you are getting "only" a $100 GC instead of a iPod Touch as in previous years?

Sure in the way I'm upset I can't go back to 1957 so I can buy a T-Bird for $2800. But I live in the present, not past so it really doesn't affect me.

mattATK217
Jun 11, 2012, 11:35 AM
Sure in the way I'm upset I can't go back to 1957 so I can buy a T-Bird for $2800. But I live in the present, not past so it really doesn't affect me.

Makes sense. I mean I don't really mind that much, just the $100gc doesn't do me any good, I have no use for it at this time. Where as an iPod I would use, and I feel like that is how most students are, most won't be able to find a good use for the $100 gift card, but would use that iPod daily, or at least be able to sell it to get some money back.

importraverxx
Jun 11, 2012, 11:36 AM
If you ordered one of the new MBP today, can't you just bring in the receipt to Apple Store later to claim the $100 B2S Gift Card?

Wouldn't make sense if they don't let you do that as you can just return and buy again?

erandall38
Jun 11, 2012, 11:38 AM
Makes sense. I mean I don't really mind that much, just the $100gc doesn't do me any good, I have no use for it at this time. Where as an iPod I would use, and I feel like that is how most students are, most won't be able to find a good use for the $100 gift card, but would use that iPod daily, or at least be able to sell it to get some money back.

I think most students would sell that $100 GC for $90 and go buy the full years worth of top ramen and this weekends beer!

I know I sure as hell would have! Then again when I was in school I wasn't buying a 4k laptop, I was buying a refurb white iBook :)

KPOM
Jun 11, 2012, 11:54 AM
Makes sense. So would the Apple store come back up today with info, and then sales start tomorrow?

That is what they usually do. The store should be back up shortly after the keynote address is done. You may be able to purchase items today and pick them up in the store tomorrow, if they announce immediate availability.

kikuchiyo
Jun 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
The iPad credit doesn't apply to the 2 right? I've been on the fence about getting a 2 or a "new" iPad (I really just need it as an ereader and maybe a good way to play Final Fantasy Tactics) but the credit is a point in favor of the latter if it's just the new one.

Lukkee24
Jun 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
This has now launched in the UK: http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/campaigns/back_to_school

70 iTunes gift card when you buy a mac, or a 35 iTunes gift card when you buy the new iPad.

Edit:
Now it's back to the 'We'll be back' notice.

----------

Now live in the US: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/campaigns/back_to_school

samuelelbaz
Jun 11, 2012, 02:45 PM
Does anyone know if Mac Student discount works instore or is it online only?

Peter.
Jun 11, 2012, 02:46 PM
Quick question regarding the back to school promotion: if I buy 2 MBP's, will I be able to receive the student discount plus the $100 gift card using just one student ID?

f4d3
Jun 11, 2012, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to mix the educational discount and the back to school $100 gift card promo?

samuelelbaz
Jun 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to mix the educational discount and the back to school $100 gift card promo?

These co-exisit with each other so it would make no sense not able to do get both.

Quoted from Apple Site

"Buy a Mac for college between June 11 and September 21 and receive a $100 Back to School Gift Card to use on apps, books, music, and movies. Or buy the new iPad and get a $50 Back to School Gift Card.* And if you choose a Mac, save even more with Apple Education Pricing."

Freyqq
Jun 11, 2012, 05:51 PM
When does this promotion usually end?

dynamojoe
Jun 11, 2012, 09:20 PM
I've been stockpiling Best Buy gift cards to use towards a new 15" but the non-glossy screen is only available as a BTO, and Best Buy doesn't honor the (substantial) edu discount. Foiled again!

Someone said that Best Buy will match the edu discount. How do I go about this?

wilflare
Jun 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
seems like there's no love for Singapore
the last Back to School was in 2010 :/

I rather have a 100 iTunes Gift Card than nothing

lifeinhd
Jun 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
I've been stockpiling Best Buy gift cards to use towards a new 15" but the non-glossy screen is only available as a BTO, and Best Buy doesn't honor the (substantial) edu discount. Foiled again!

Yes, that's why I've been stockpiling Apple Store gift cards instead ;)

Best Buy does have sales quite often, but I doubt they'd do that so soon after the release of a new machine. You could resell your cards and stockpile Apple Store cards instead. You might check out this site (plasticjungle.com) which will buy your cards from you for a good price.

smkmn13
Jun 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
Wouldn't make sense if they don't let you do that as you can just return and buy again?

I actually called yesterday to try to work this out, because I bought an engraved iPad last week (arrived yesterday) -- I didn't use the edu store when I ordered though, even though I'm eligible, because there's no discount, so that apparently that made things harder for this...? He actually suggested I go to a store and return it :confused:, which I thought was silly because 1) I don't want to give my iPad back just to wait another week for another engraved one, and 2) Why would Apple want my engraved one back? For most promotions like this (with other retailers) they extend back to whenever the return window starts (14 days?).

Anyways, he acted like he was doing me a huge favor by escalating it and seemed think it will go through in the end, but I'm surprised they don't have a more regular policy for this. I'm sure others experiences might be easier, but I guess you might have to do some convincing...

iLikeTurtles!
Jul 16, 2012, 01:03 PM
i purchased an ipad 32gb wifi plus 4g. i got the sim card, 50 itunes card, and on the invoice they also knocked off 50 dollars off the ipad?!?!

anyone else see apple knocked off 50 dollars off the ipad?

its nomrally 749 in canada for the 32gb blak 4g model, shows they knocked off 50 bringing it to 699??

awm037
Aug 8, 2012, 08:12 PM
Does anybody know if Apple would still offer the $50 gift card with the purchase of an iPad if they were to price-match? Microcenter has the iPads for $40 off, and from what I have been reading, Apple may or may not price-match. If they didn't end up matching the price, it would still be a better deal in terms of value because you would be getting $50 for iTunes as opposed to $40 off of the purchase. It would be really nice if they could price-match the $40 and still give me the $50 card.