PDA

View Full Version : iOS 6 Default Wallpaper

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
Would somebody who downloads the Beta later be able to post a downloadable file for the iOS 6 default wallpaper as well as a screenshot of the Default Home Screen?

Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Wondering also if the default homescreen layout is the same!

-Knight-
Jun 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
I was hoping for live wallpapers, Would have been cool.

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Part of me wants to wait till I get the new iPhone to use the new wallpaper so I don't get bored of it so quickly like I did with the Bubbles on iOS ;/

Mortalias
Jun 11, 2012, 02:01 PM
Apple's website is showing the blue ripple wallpaper as stock home screen, so looks like you'll get your wish.

3bs
Jun 11, 2012, 02:02 PM
Part of me wants to wait till I get the new iPhone to use the new wallpaper so I don't get bored of it so quickly like I did with the Bubbles on iOS ;/

Me too but it's gonna be one of the few things to help keep me waiting for the public release of iOS 6 and not signing up for a dev account! :p

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
Weather and Newstands icons look new! Anyone able to download this yet and extract the wallpaper?

Horseface123
Jun 11, 2012, 02:08 PM
Isn't it this one?342612

egeek84
Jun 11, 2012, 02:08 PM
i want the new wallpaper so bad lol

----------

Isn't it this one?342612

no im using that one now and that one is from iOS5. While very similar looking, it's different :0

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 02:09 PM
Isn't it this one?342612

no that isn't it the ripple is a different angle. That is the "new" iPad wallpaper 0 iOS 6 is different

3bs
Jun 11, 2012, 02:09 PM
Isn't it this one?342612

Nope

Horseface123
Jun 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
Oh I see, the ripples are different. Disregard my post then. 😄

xAnthony
Jun 11, 2012, 02:11 PM
I really do want this wallpaper, but as someone said above... I think I'm going to wait until I get my iPhone 5 before I use it.

MacDevil7334
Jun 11, 2012, 02:11 PM
Weather and Newstands icons look new! Anyone able to download this yet and extract the wallpaper?

Whoa is that a clock app on the iPad's home screens?

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
Oh I see, the ripples are different. Disregard my post then. 😄

First person to get a download of this up and a screenshot of the default home screen gets a cookie! lol

egeek84
Jun 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
First person to get a download of this up and a screenshot of the default home screen gets a cookie! lol

i will also upvote their post and they will be my hero of the day lol

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 02:13 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on the "show battery percentage" - Interesting fact is all the iPhones default is OFF and the original iPad came OFF but the iPad 2 and the "New iPad" came with battery percentage ON - Interesting, the funny thing is that Apple actually thinks hard about these minor details!

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 03:05 PM
i will also upvote their post and they will be my hero of the day lol

Anyone have this yet? bueller......

BFizzzle
Jun 11, 2012, 03:09 PM
Whoa is that a clock app on the iPad's home screens?

huh no?

mohammadmirza
Jun 11, 2012, 03:18 PM

Weather looks the same to me but in that tiny image it looks like the Newsstand icon now only has two rows of icons, not three.

kiwiboi87
Jun 11, 2012, 03:20 PM
the new iPad has had this wallpaper since launch

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 03:21 PM
the new iPad has had this wallpaper since launch

no it's a different one

DaveOP
Jun 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
I just finished installing on iPhone, checking as soon as phone is restored.

AlphaVictor87
Jun 11, 2012, 03:27 PM

not sure about weather, it looks pretty similar. but newsstand is exactly the same. Look in the Siri section here: http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/

Also there is a new Clock icon though in that picture too. well maybe that's just specific to iPad? on the smaller screens you are showing the clock icons are different on the iPhones than the iPad

xAnthony
Jun 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
not sure about weather, it looks pretty similar. but newsstand is exactly the same. Look in the Siri section here: http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/

Also there is a new Clock icon though in that picture too. well maybe that's just specific to iPad? on the smaller screens you are showing the clock icons are different on the iPhones than the iPad

I hope the iPhone gets the new clock icon. I think it looks nice and sleek.

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 03:36 PM
I hope the iPhone gets the new clock icon. I think it looks nice and sleek.

I think it's only for iPad - we'll see - hoping for some screen shots here soon and blank wallpaper for download :)

DaveOP
Jun 11, 2012, 03:39 PM
Having issues, even though my UDID is registered and Xcode sees it fine, it will not activate. Still working on it.

xAnthony
Jun 11, 2012, 03:46 PM
I think it's only for iPad - we'll see - hoping for some screen shots here soon and blank wallpaper for download :)

I think you're right, it's only for the iPad as of now, but Apple could change that in future beta releases. (I hope they do)

yodayoda
Jun 11, 2012, 05:21 PM
Anyone willing to hook it up? This is my last attempt :/

DaveOP
Jun 11, 2012, 05:26 PM
I am seeing the new wallpaper :) what's the best way to get it for you guys?

iMolle
Jun 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
I am seeing the new wallpaper :) what's the best way to get it for you guys?

Upload it here: http://imgur.com/

C'mon fast, i can't wait lol...

DaveOP
Jun 11, 2012, 05:35 PM
Upload it here: http://imgur.com/

C'mon fast, i can't wait lol...

lol no I meant how do I get it off the device?

3bs
Jun 11, 2012, 05:37 PM

Can you use iFunBox or iExplorer and find them in var/stash/Wallpaper I think.

Edit: for some reason when I try that on my 4S running 5.1.1 I can't see or open the pictures even when I copy them to my Mac but on my phone I can see them when using iFile.

iMolle
Jun 11, 2012, 05:42 PM

Get iPhone Browser: http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

Download the newest version. Connect iPhone to PC and connect with iPhone Browser afer connecting navigate to var/stash/Wallpaper.

isoft7
Jun 11, 2012, 05:43 PM
iexplorer would work no problems actually, just plug it into your computer and copy the psd file over, post it and then when you dump it on your phone, it should show up as a wallpaper image.

Eckscaliber
Jun 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
Me too but it's gonna be one of the few things to help keep me waiting for the public release of iOS 6 and not signing up for a dev account! :p

Same here.

DaveOP
Jun 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
Get iPhone Browser: http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

Download the newest version. Connect iPhone to PC and connect with iPhone Browser afer connecting navigate to var/stash/Wallpaper.

sorry I'm being difficult, but I don't see var/wallpaper

----------

the only folder I see is media, and a bunch of subfolders. Am I doing something wrong?

iMolle
Jun 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
sorry I'm being difficult, but I don't see var/wallpaper

Did you connect with iPhone Browser? If yes go first to VAR then STASH then WALLPAPER.

DaveOP
Jun 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
Did you connect with iPhone Browser? If yes go first to VAR then STASH then WALLPAPER.

I'm using a Mac

iMolle
Jun 11, 2012, 05:54 PM
I'm using a Mac

I have no idea how iPhone Browser looks at Mac, lol...

Damn i want that wall...

isoft7
Jun 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
mac or windows, doesnt make any difference... via the application, just traverse to the root of the ios.

That is to say:

all the way to "var"

from "var" you go to "stash", from "stash" to "Wallpaper.A7XaXXX" or various other random characters, from there you go to "iPhone" and all the wallpapers will be inside that folder. with names like 101@2x~iphone.png

You'll have to find the right one by clicking on them, but you will, thats the file you need.

3bs
Jun 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
I'm using a Mac

I have no idea how iPhone Browser looks at Mac, lol...

Damn i want that wall...

He can use iFunBox http://www.i-funbox.com/ which is easy to use and I was able to get to var/stash/wallpapers but I'm 5.1.1 and I can't view any of the png files on my computer.

iMolle
Jun 11, 2012, 06:00 PM
He can use iFunBox http://www.i-funbox.com/ which is easy to use and I was able to get to var/stash/wallpapers but I'm 5.1.1 and I can't view any of the png files on my computer.

Ahh, then just ZIP and upload everything you see in the wallpaper map, lol...

3bs
Jun 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
Ahh, then just ZIP and upload everything you see in the wallpaper map, lol...

Well he has to do that since I'm on 5.1.1 :p

mac.cali
Jun 11, 2012, 06:08 PM
Subscribed.

Jaben3421
Jun 11, 2012, 06:10 PM
Here's the default home screen. The only way to extract the wallpaper is to jailbreak it to access the /var folder, which isn't out yet. The default wallpaper is different of that of the New iPad. As for the icons, I did notice that the Settings app is darker and more precise then it was in iOS 5.

http://jaben3421.org/HJGB

iMolle
Jun 11, 2012, 06:13 PM
Here's the default home screen. The only way to extract the wallpaper is to jailbreak it to access the /var folder, which isn't out yet. The default wallpaper is different of that of the New iPad. As for the icons, I did notice that the Settings app is darker and more precise then it was in iOS 5.

http://jaben3421.org/HJGB

You can also access the files without being jailbreaked example with the software iPhone Browser.

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
No. You cant.

iExplorer, iFun, etc. will NOT work. var is a ROOT folder. Jailbreaking allows access. No JB, No access

isoft7
Jun 11, 2012, 06:34 PM
Well, then easiest way is to simply create a page with one single icon on it, then take a screenshot, let one of the many photoshop pros here remove the icon/dock/status bar. Should be possible.

*Calypso*
Jun 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
Well, then easiest way is to simply create a page with one single icon on it, then take a screenshot, let one of the many photoshop pros here remove the icon/dock/status bar. Should be possible.

You just have to go to lock screen, slide to unlock and be quick with the screenshot (before all the icons fly in). Actually not that difficult, just tried it a few times.

3bs
Jun 11, 2012, 07:06 PM

You just have to go to lock screen, slide to unlock and be quick with the screenshot (before all the icons fly in). Actually not that difficult, just tried it a few times.

Won't it be lower quality since it's a screenshot?

*Calypso*
Jun 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
Won't it be lower quality since it's a screenshot?

Screenshots are PNG (lossless) and in full resolution, so I'd say no.

mhobb
Jun 11, 2012, 07:12 PM
Zoomed in on the other "ripples" wallpaper and it looks pretty close.

JS82712
Jun 11, 2012, 07:27 PM
so it's been at least 5 hours since the beta came out. and not a single user is able to extract the wallpaper. pathetic:rolleyes:

3bs
Jun 11, 2012, 07:30 PM
so it's been at least 5 hours since the beta came out. and not a single user is able to extract the wallpaper. pathetic:rolleyes:

I think most of the people who can are actually busy testing iOS6 out. I guess we'll just have to wait until they have time and see this thread.

saberz
Jun 11, 2012, 08:33 PM
I laughed at that comment. Excited for a wallpaper yes but i think we should have something by tommorow the latest

Nikos
Jun 11, 2012, 08:51 PM
It's not that great, to be honest. :o

roeib00t
Jun 11, 2012, 10:37 PM
edit it.

http://d.pr/i/EfyF

buddy edited it.

http://d.pr/A4tH

xFenixKnightx
Jun 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
I want that new wallpaper! And I want that new clock icon! Come to think of it, Apple should've redesigned a couple of icons *for the iPhone. Safari, Phone, messages, Photos and especially that ugly music icon. Bring back the iPod icon! :-(

I am so underwhelmed with this update the new iPhone better bring it! And I don't mean that leaked long iPhone. :-/ No 3rd party widgets? A better keyboard? More shortcuts in the lockscreen? Settings toggles in notification center? Can we delete Apple's bloatware? A YouTube app that works? So underwhelmed...

BlueGummiBear
Jun 11, 2012, 10:53 PM
edit it.

buddy edited it.

+1 cookie for you

saberz
Jun 12, 2012, 06:14 AM
Thanks for sharing it!

champagnepapi
Jun 12, 2012, 08:39 AM
edit it.

buddy edited it.

Thanks dude!

blue rocket
Jun 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
that quality is terrible... anyone successfully get this extracted?

HelveticaNeue
Jun 12, 2012, 10:15 AM
I found this one on another website. Not sure the quality is much better. It looks slightly pixelated on the iPhone but I think it's just an effect of the tiny ripples.

palmerized
Jun 12, 2012, 10:28 AM
Ya the quality isn't that good. Would LOVE the iPad version too...

yodayoda
Jun 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
Ya the quality isn't that good. Would LOVE the iPad version too...

Can anyone confirm if the actual quality of the wallpaper on the phone when you download iOS 6 is the same as the image uploaded?

I'd find it hard to believe Apple would make a "non retina" lo res wallpaper as the default on a retina device!

GoGa
Jun 12, 2012, 11:56 AM
Here is a slightly cropped iPad version. I'm not sure why apple hasn't included a retina version, it looks fuzzy to me.

yodayoda
Jun 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
Here is a slightly cropped iPad version. I'm not sure why apple hasn't included a retina version, it looks fuzzy to me.

Maybe this is just how it is - I mean most people who have iOS 6 on the phone are saying it's the same quality - Just wondering if extracting the image and then setting it as a wallpaper on the phone is the same thing as actually installing iOS 6 and using the image which comes on the device.

----------

Or it's possible that the design of the ripples just looks fuzzy and that's how it is supposed to look!

xFenixKnightx
Jun 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
Maybe this is just how it is - I mean most people who have iOS 6 on the phone are saying it's the same quality - Just wondering if extracting the image and then setting it as a wallpaper on the phone is the same thing as actually installing iOS 6 and using the image which comes on the device.

----------

Or it's possible that the design of the ripples just looks fuzzy and that's how it is supposed to look!

NO! Apple would never allow this! :confused:

----------

Can anyone confirm if the actual quality of the wallpaper on the phone when you download iOS 6 is the same as the image uploaded?

I'd find it hard to believe Apple would make a "non retina" lo res wallpaper as the default on a retina device!

I've seen screen caps on the Verge or somewhere where the wallpaper looked very crisp s this is confusing to me.

XC0DE
Jun 13, 2012, 12:11 AM
I'll upload all the wallpapers from iOS 6 shortly.

Pennine
Jun 13, 2012, 01:43 AM
😃

osmanouzun
Jun 13, 2012, 04:51 AM
Not an awfully exciting wallpaper there. Maybe if the ripples were moving that would have brightened it up. still no live wallpapers it seems.

yodayoda
Jun 13, 2012, 05:30 AM
Did this get posted in another thread? We want high quality wallpapers :)

palmerized
Jun 13, 2012, 08:52 AM

Ohhh sounds awesome - thanks!

king101
Jun 13, 2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks! Looking forward for this Retina wallpaper. ;)

yodayoda
Jun 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks! Looking forward for this Retina wallpaper. ;)

I've installed iOS 6 on multiple devices - the wallpaper is exactly same quality on the actual device as the extracted images that have been floating around

king101
Jun 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks a bunch for your feedback! :)
I'll probably post on another thread : Does it worth installing ios6 for a regular user - on an unlocked 4S without registering the UDID (Readed that is possible on another post) .

yodayoda
Jun 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks a bunch for your feedback! :)
I'll probably post on another thread : Does it worth installing ios6 for a regular user - on an unlocked 4S without registering the UDID (Readed that is possible on another post) .

Don't install on your primary device. If you have another device go for it, but I don't recommend it. I already reverted back to 5. Why use a BETA when u can use a polished iOS 5 for another few months unless you are a developer?

king101
Jun 13, 2012, 12:01 PM
Absolutely. I remembered that I've installed ios5 beta and had lots of buggy apps and interface.
Pretty sure for the excitation of a 'new' way of use ;) . Thank again.

HelveticaNeue
Jun 13, 2012, 06:24 PM
We've got the iPhone wallpaper ... how about the iPad version?

Geeksquadof1
Jun 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
After searching FOREVER, I finally found the high-res iPad version!
Link to website: http://osxdaily.com/2012/06/13/ios-6-default-wallpaper-rippled-water/
Link to high-res: http://twitpic.com/9vwfg3/full

Enjoy!! :)

HelveticaNeue
Jun 13, 2012, 09:27 PM
After searching FOREVER, I finally found the high-res iPad version![/url]

Awesome! Thanks! :D

egeek84
Jun 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
Link to website: http://osxdaily.com/2012/06/13/ios-6-default-wallpaper-rippled-water/

thanks :) just assigned it to my iphone4s and ipad3. Looks awesome :)

king101
Jun 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the iPad version!
Here is what i did for myself :
For those who want an 'HD' version of the iPhone one, download the last iPad 3 leak wallpaper, then resize - and take a capture - the way you like to get your HD wallpaper. Actual mine is stunning! ;)
Enjoy!

artgalgenius
Jun 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
Don't install on your primary device. If you have another device go for it, but I don't recommend it. I already reverted back to 5. Why use a BETA when u can use a polished iOS 5 for another few months unless you are a developer?

I agree. Unless you are a developer then working with a buggy OS on your primary device is not worth it.

If you are a new developer like I am then it is a good idea to install it. Even if your app will not be able to use the new APIs it is a good learning experience.

Capric0rn
Jun 14, 2012, 03:28 PM

Have these been posted yet?

pyroo
Jun 14, 2012, 05:57 PM
No. You cant.

iExplorer, iFun, etc. will NOT work. var is a ROOT folder. Jailbreaking allows access. No JB, No access

Sorry, I'm gonna be off topic, but do you think you can show me where you got your wallpaper, I search for "blue gradient wallpaper" but it gave me way too many results lol, thanks!

jnl1211
Jun 14, 2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry, I'm gonna be off topic, but do you think you can show me where you got your wallpaper, I search for "blue gradient wallpaper" but it gave me way too many results lol, thanks!

I honestly dont even remember, but here ya go:

pyroo
Jun 14, 2012, 06:01 PM

Wow that was a fast reply, thanks a lot!

jnl1211
Jun 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
Wow that was a fast reply, thanks a lot!

lol, no prob!

*Calypso*
Jun 14, 2012, 06:53 PM
I agree. Unless you are a developer then working with a buggy OS on your primary device is not worth it.

As long as you don't require maps to work perfectly, iOS 6 Beta 1 is not buggy at all.

warme-karnemelk
Jun 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
i got the original wallpaper,
i downloaded ios 6 beta 1 on my ipod, and looked for the image with iBackupBot, so this is the real one:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8392/libraryspringboardlockb.jpg

Major General
Jun 15, 2012, 01:57 PM
I have the wallpaper already

Jun 15, 2012, 02:22 PM

looks like the o2.co.uk page background

Capric0rn
Jun 15, 2012, 03:21 PM
i got the original wallpaper,
i downloaded ios 6 beta 1 on my ipod, and looked for the image with iBackupBot, so this is the real one:
Image (http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8392/libraryspringboardlockb.jpg)

Could you post the proper sized one? You posted the smaller version from Imageshack, haha :P

warme-karnemelk
Jun 16, 2012, 07:07 AM
Could you post the proper sized one? You posted the smaller version from Imageshack, haha :P

That IS the proper size one (for ipod)

batting1000
Jun 16, 2012, 07:32 AM

Can't be possible. It's too small

jnl1211
Jun 16, 2012, 08:25 AM
looks like the o2.co.uk page background

Mildly yes. Think I got it from a wp site somewhere

cambookpro
Jun 16, 2012, 10:38 AM

No, Imageshack has resized it. Doesn't matter anyway, as it's been posted earlier.

Capric0rn
Jun 17, 2012, 04:53 AM

It's odd though because the image you sent me had the word "Thumbnail" in it. Makes me think that there's another image that's the actual Wallpaper. Maybe the thumbnail is being used for different things in iOS.

Mostergeek49
Jun 17, 2012, 03:32 PM
http://alltommac.se/files/2012/06/ios6_wallpaper.png
WHERES MY COOKIE B*TCH :P

Capric0rn
Jun 17, 2012, 03:50 PM
That one has been posted already.

Also, the one with the dark bottom isn't the original one. The one that warme-karnemelk posted is like the original one though it's not the right size

I have recreated the original one using the iPad version of the new wallpaper. It's not EXACTLY the same because they didn't just resize and crop the original for the iPhone.

http://cl.ly/3c1e3Y2B3Y1i0a2K3j3F/Water%20Rimples.png

PalacePlayers
Jun 18, 2012, 06:35 AM

This is not even close to high res. The article says it is, but if you actually turn your eyes on, everyone can see that it looks like crap.

Anyone got the real deal?

Capric0rn
Jun 18, 2012, 02:58 PM
That is the real deal mate. They extracted it from iOS 6 that they've installed.

The reason why it looks like crap is because that's what Apple has actually put into iOS 6 as the new wallpaper. I've seen some people complain about the quality of the actual wallpaper in iOS 6 on Twitter.

The person who extracted it from iOS 6 he had installed on his iPad also extracted it from the version he has installed on his iPhone:

Link to said wallpaper (http://twitpic.com/9vwe78)

MikeBRich
Jun 20, 2012, 04:26 AM
That one has been posted already.

Also, the one with the dark bottom isn't the original one. The one that warme-karnemelk posted is like the original one though it's not the right size

I have recreated the original one using the iPad version of the new wallpaper. It's not EXACTLY the same because they didn't just resize and crop the original for the iPhone.

Image (http://cl.ly/3c1e3Y2B3Y1i0a2K3j3F/Water%20Rimples.png)

Thanks a lot, that one looks just great on my iPhone and the phone feels much more like iOS 6 while still on 5.1.1 lol

Capric0rn
Jun 20, 2012, 02:48 PM
Haha, you're welcome! :)

Lloyd Braun
Jun 21, 2012, 01:19 AM
Any chance of someone uploading the new 2048-by-2048 version of the iOS 4 “droplets” wallpaper?

richxps
Jun 21, 2012, 02:18 AM
There's a new droplet Wallpaper also ?

Lloyd Braun
Jun 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
There's a new droplet Wallpaper also ?
Not a new one, but a 2048-sized one that’d be great to play with for desktop use.

kmj2318
Jun 27, 2012, 08:43 PM
Is the default wallpaper still low-res in Beta 2 of iOS 6? It's kind of crazy for apple to release it in non-retina quality :confused:

batting1000
Jun 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
Is the default wallpaper still low-res in Beta 2 of iOS 6? It's kind of crazy for apple to release it in non-retina quality :confused:

Yeah, but it's really not that bad when you have icons over it.

MacDevil7334
Jun 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
Any chance of someone uploading the new 2048-by-2048 version of the iOS 4 “droplets” wallpaper?

See my post here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14993789&postcount=4).

Lloyd Braun
Jun 28, 2012, 10:33 AM
See my post here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14993789&postcount=4).
Thanks so much!