Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bisonthrow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
With these updates will you be able to answer iMessages that are sent to your phone number on your iPad and/or Mac?

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
That was my understanding, which is great, because the main issue with iMessage has always been that you have to know someone's e-mail address and hope that they have it enabled. Unifying them should remove all of that.

bisonthrow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
That was my understanding, which is great, because the main issue with iMessage has always been that you have to know someone's e-mail address and hope that they have it enabled. Unifying them should remove all of that.

Awesome... I think that is the last step needed to fully incorporate all of the devices into one ecosystem.

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
That's the message i got when he was talking about facetime, said something like, "you can receive a call to you phone number and accept it on your ipad, iphone or mac, same goes with iMessage"

This is great imo, that was the biggest issue i had with iMessage

bisonthrow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
That's the message i got when he was talking about facetime, said something like, "you can receive a call to you phone number and accept it on your ipad, iphone or mac, same goes with iMessage"

This is great imo, that was the biggest issue i had with iMessage

Agreed, Having the ability to sit at my desk and have access to texts and emails all on my computer is a huge plus

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
This is really great news and will allow people to use it exactly as Apple intended. iMessage is great but I just don't use it on my iPad right now because of the confusion it causes right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.