PDA

View Full Version : Not all features are available on all devices.

1080p
Jun 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
Not all features are available on all devices.

Some features may not be available in all countries or all areas.

Flyover and turn-by-turn navigation will be available only on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 or later. Cellular data charges may apply.

Siri will be available only on iPhone 4S and iPad (3rd generation) and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.

Shared Photo Streams requires iOS 6 on iPhone 4 or later or iPad 2 or later, or a Mac computer with OS X Mountain Lion. An up-to-date browser is required for accessing shared photo streams on the web.

FaceTime over a cellular network requires iPhone 4 or later, or iPad 2 or later with cellular data capability. Carrier data charges may apply. FaceTime is not available in all countries.

VIP list and VIP and Flagged smart mailboxes will be available on iPhone 4 or later and iPad 2 or later.

Offline Reading List will be available on iPhone 4 or later and iPad 2 or later.

Made for iPhone hearing aids require iPhone 4S.

Find My Friends and Find My iPhone enable you to locate iOS devices only when they are on and connected to a registered Wi-Fi network or have an active data plan. Not available in all areas.

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.

The Transamerica Pyramid Building is a registered service mark of Transamerica Corporation.

Syk
Jun 11, 2012, 02:36 PM
Well iOS6 sounds like a dud for me and my iPhone4.
The only feature I see as a benefit for me then is the DND

I missed it but can someone explain the VIP mailboxes?

Iphonerookie84
Jun 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
So iOS 6 sucks for the iPhone 3Gs,4 and iPad 2

redbeard331
Jun 11, 2012, 03:13 PM
iOS 6 sucks for everybody but those of us who will vote with our wallets and buy phones with ICS:)

iParis
Jun 11, 2012, 03:52 PM
A lot of people currently with the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 still won't be effected because I'm sure a good portion of them will be upgrading to the iPhone 5.

smitty97
Jun 12, 2012, 04:23 PM
FaceTime over a cellular network requires iPhone 4 or later, or iPad 2 or later with cellular data capability. Carrier data charges may apply. FaceTime is not available in all countries.

Already it's changed (and it hasn't gotten better):

FaceTime over a cellular network requires iPhone 4S or iPad (3rd generation) with cellular data capability. Carrier data charges may apply. FaceTime is not available in all countries.

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/

steviem
Jun 12, 2012, 04:25 PM
iOS 6 sucks for everybody but those of us who will vote with our wallets and buy phones with ICS:)

I'll be getting whatever replaces the 4S, thanks...

irDigital0l
Jun 12, 2012, 04:26 PM
iPhone 4S
Flyover
Turn-by-turn navigation
Siri
Shared Photo Streams
FaceTime over cellular
Mail enhancements
Offline Reading List
Facebook integration
Passbook
Phone enhancements
Safari enhancements

iPad (3rd generation)
Flyover
Turn-by-turn navigation
Siri
Shared Photo Streams
FaceTime over cellular
Mail enhancements
Offline Reading List
Facebook integration
Passbook
Phone enhancements
Safari enhancements
Guided Access

iPad 2
Flyover
Turn-by-turn navigation
Shared Photo Streams
Mail enhancements
Offline Reading List
Facebook integration
Passbook
Phone enhancements
Safari enhancements
Guided Access

iPhone 4
Shared Photo Streams
Mail enhancements
Offline Reading List
Facebook integration
Passbook
Phone enhancements
Safari enhancements

iPhone 3GS
Facebook integration
Passbook
Phone enhancements
Safari enhancements

jackc
Jun 12, 2012, 04:26 PM
A lot of people currently with the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 still won't be effected because I'm sure a good portion of them will be upgrading to the iPhone 5.

Plenty will have iPhone 4 for a while. Not everyone's contract is on the release schedule.

steviem
Jun 12, 2012, 04:32 PM
Trying to share a photostream to my work email address. How does this work?

Hustler1337
Jun 12, 2012, 04:36 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/12/3081318/iPhone-3GS-4-turn-by-turn-flyover-ios-6-exclusion

squidkitten
Jun 12, 2012, 04:37 PM

I'm due for an upgrade in August (I have the iPhone 4) and I'm holding off for a few months just so I can get the iPhone 5! Really looking forward to see how well turn by turn works on a friend's 4S, especially since I need to get a new GPS soon anyway. Maybe I can look forward to just investing in a car mount for an iPhone instead!

kiwiboi87
Jun 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
Plenty will have iPhone 4 for a while. Not everyone's contract is on the release schedule.

im not on a contract, my upgrade schedule is based on money, and if the phone still works alright

but i will be throwing in my 4 this year at some point,

aloharaz
Aug 7, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hello,

I just installed iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. I had siri disable before I started and now, after restore from backup, there's no siri.
I can't find anywhere in Settings how to enable siri. I know how to enable siri in iOS 5 but it's not the same on my iPhone now...
Is it because of the region I live in or I'm just stupid and can't find the damn switch?

Thank you!

Nevzorus
Aug 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
Why the HELL can't we get flyover on iPhone 4?

MozMan68
Aug 7, 2012, 07:12 PM
Why the HELL can't we get flyover on iPhone 4?

Slower processor.

dave8209
Aug 7, 2012, 07:27 PM
Hello,

I just installed iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. I had siri disable before I started and now, after restore from backup, there's no siri.
I can't find anywhere in Settings how to enable siri. I know how to enable siri in iOS 5 but it's not the same on my iPhone now...
Is it because of the region I live in or I'm just stupid and can't find the damn switch?

Thank you!
You could try to reset all settings but if that doesn't work Try downgrading to iOS 5.1.1 and restoring your Recent backup that was made on 5.1.1 and Enable Siri then back it up again and Install iOS 6 again.
Hope it works!

irDigital0l
Aug 7, 2012, 07:30 PM
Slower processor.

I assume FaceTime over cellular is also because of slower processor.

lol lame

NewbieCanada
Aug 7, 2012, 07:43 PM
Every time I try to make a phone call on my iPad it doesn't work and yet it even even works on an iPhone 3. :confused:

Nevzorus
Aug 8, 2012, 06:33 AM
slower processor.

why cant they make it better from day one then ocmgmg

Menel
Aug 8, 2012, 06:44 AM
why cant they make it better from day one then ocmgmgMake what better from Day 1?

What is ocmgmg