"Springboard/Backboard"

Anyone have a clue what that's about?

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 03:51 PM
What devices are the rest of your family using? :p

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 03:53 PM
What devices are the rest of your family using? :p

Ha! I made that signature up forever ago... started to change it earlier, but... didn't.

I KNEW someone was going to call me out for it. :cool:

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 03:54 PM
Ha! I made that signature up forever ago... started to change it earlier, but... didn't.

I KNEW someone was going to call me out for it. :cool:

haha, had to. I was left hangin... Wait, what's this guys mom and dad use?!?!?!

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 03:56 PM
haha, had to. I was left hangin... Wait, what's this guys mom and dad use?!?!?!

Back then, i think a razor and some sort of samsung feature phone, along with an HP. Nowadays, they've got iPhones, but the HP is still there.

BUT SERIOUSLY! I want to know what Backboard is!

ndavid126
Jun 11, 2012, 04:00 PM
What it says is,
SpringBoard/BackBoard may crash during a phone call if the screen fades to black when using speakerphone or headphones.

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
What it says is,

Right, sorry I didn't paste it here.
IMHO, it still begs the question, "what is Backboard?"

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
What it says is,

Score! No closer to an answer

ndavid126
Jun 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
Score! No closer to an answer It says Springboard/Backboard and I found Springboard on Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpringBoard) Springboard, or Home Screen is the standard application that manages the iOS home screen. It is also used in Mac OSX 10.7 Lion in launchpad.

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 04:15 PM
It says Springboard/Backboard and I found Springboard on Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpringBoard) Springboard, or Home Screen is the standard application that manages the iOS home screen. It is also used in Mac OSX 10.7 Lion in launchpad.

Thank you, but I already knew what Springboard is.

WHAT IS BACKBOARD?!?!?!

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:16 PM
It says Springboard/Backboard and I found Springboard on Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpringBoard) Springboard, or Home Screen is the standard application that manages the iOS home screen. It is also used in Mac OSX 10.7 Lion in launchpad.

No way! Is that what it's called? I always wondered what springboard.app was! :rolleyes:

ndavid126
Jun 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
Thank you, but I already knew what Springboard is.

WHAT IS BACKBOARD?!?!?!
If it says sprinboard/backboard wouldn't they be the same thing?

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:20 PM
If it says sprinboard/backboard wouldn't they be the same thing?

Well... there must be some reason that now suddenly there's the word backboard in there. They could very well be. Why the name change? They just felt like complicating it?

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 04:20 PM
No way! Is that what it's called? I always wondered what springboard.app was! :rolleyes:

This guy gets it.

chpwn brought it to my attention here (https://twitter.com/chpwn/status/212281358180040704)

I feel like it'll be some mundane layer for 3rd party background processes, but my fingers are crossed it'll be something with some whiz and pop.

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:22 PM
Could it have something to do with sandboxing? It sounds like Apple is almost demanding it with OS6

ndavid126
Jun 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
This guy gets it.

chpwn brought it to my attention here (https://twitter.com/chpwn/status/212281358180040704)

I feel like it'll be some mundane layer for 3rd party background processes, but my fingers are crossed it'll be something with some whiz and pop.
Well that tells us that they are separate things, but not what it is.

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:25 PM

Oh. My. God.

Thats why he was asking WHAT it is! Welcome to the party

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 04:29 PM

Which is more than you've contributed, thanks.

----------

Could it have something to do with sandboxing? It sounds like Apple is almost demanding it with OS6

I could see that, though that seems even more mundane (to me at least).

Still, I'd love an answer to the riddle... maybe one day.

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:32 PM

----------

I could see that, though that seems even more mundane (to me at least).

Still, I'd love an answer to the riddle... maybe one day.

This is going to bother me till i find an answer. I will.

This may shed some light:
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/01/04/easily-switch-springboard-configurations-with-backboard-for-iphone/

Maybe it's somehow a springboard backup method? Seems too coincidental to me that a Springboard Cydia tweak is also called Backboard.... Hmmmm

ndavid126
Jun 11, 2012, 04:34 PM

Actually I said what springboard is and someone benefited from it. What have you contributed?

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:37 PM
Actually I said what springboard is and someone benefited from it. What have you contributed?

That's the stupidest thing I've read today. Nobody benefited from it. It's HIS thread asking a question. All you contributed was answers to questions nobody was asking.

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 04:40 PM

The ********** question. Get out of my thread! Grrr.

But for real, didn't mean to seem hostile, but I did sort of pose the original question, for which you replied with info from wikipedia on something that's existed since iPhone os 1 in 2007, and, correct me if i'm wrong, but I didn't catch the post that shows someone benefitting from it.

But, thanks!

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:41 PM

But for real, didn't mean to seem hostile, but I did sort of pose the original question, for which you replied with info from wikipedia on something that's existed since iPhone os 1 in 2007, and, correct me if i'm wrong, but I didn't catch the post that shows someone benefitting from it.

But, thanks!

:D:D He has contributed comedy cause this is getting hilarious.

chrf097
Jun 11, 2012, 04:43 PM
It's the iPad version of Springboard, isn't it?

jnl1211
Jun 11, 2012, 04:44 PM
Sadly I have to carry on with life. Read that link. Seems to make some form of sense. I'll check up on this later for my daily dopamine dump

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe it's somehow a springboard backup method? Seems too coincidental to me that a Springboard Cydia tweak is also called Backboard.... Hmmmm

I found that earlier, yeah.

I have my doubts that this is another 'wifi sync' to 'wifi sync' jb to gm type thing, though.

Springboard seems to be the LAST thing Apple and Ive want to complicate, so in the back of my mind I imagine some sort of secondary home screen with a multitude of info.....

I use a jb tweak that puts a list of running applications under my spotlight search bar. That space is SEVERELY underused, I'd love to see a widget page back there... maybe in my dreams.

ndavid126
Jun 11, 2012, 04:46 PM

But, thanks! Well you never said that you knew what it was until after so I thought you were unaware.

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 04:47 PM
It's the iPad version of Springboard, isn't it?

This sounds dangerously familiar....

WordMasterRice
Jun 11, 2012, 04:49 PM
Actually I made someone realize what springboard is.

As indicated by the eye roll, he was being sarcastic.

DinoMachino
Jun 11, 2012, 04:50 PM
Actually I made someone realize what springboard is.

DUDE. This is my last reply to you.

That guy was MOCKING you.

Sorry. Thanks for playing.

DinoMachino
Jun 13, 2012, 10:03 AM
So, according to chpwn (the source of my original confusion/curiosity) there seems to be no big changes with springboard.

Sorry folks, nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.