PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] iPad 3 not getting internet, anyone else?

djrod
Jun 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
My Wifi iPad 3 can't get internet through wifi, I can user home sharing to watch videos for example, but can't get Internet.

My iPhone 4 works just fine with iOS 6, though.

I'm the only one?

Edit : If your router has an option called WMM, activate it and problem solved!

bweston1
Jun 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
Same here. Glad I'm not the only one. I've tried a few different networks. WPA2 encrypted does not work. WPA Enterprise works fine. Rather frustrating.

bweston1
Jun 11, 2012, 08:44 PM
Ok. So I've attempted every configuration possible and I have no idea which device to blame. My current configuration is a Linksys 2500 router, MBP 2011, iPhone 4s, MBP 2009, Dell Studio XPS 16. Everything works fine except for the iPad 3rd gen. However, as I stated earlier, it does get access to the internet when on the corporate network at work. Anyone else experiencing this and if so what is your network setup?

willia75
Jun 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'm having the same problem, and I also have a Linksys router. I've tried restoring and updating, 'forgetting' the network and renewing the lease, but I'm still not able to connect. The router is detected and my password was accepted. My iMac and MBA are working fine. The iPad is the wifi only version, and I've installed the appropriate build.

tonyeck
Jun 11, 2012, 09:39 PM
Same problem, unless I "internet share" from my MacBook Pro...

There is a similar post on the dev. forums. No answer yet

oralmonkey
Jun 12, 2012, 01:28 AM
same here, cellular hotspot, workplace wifi or wifi sharing from ethernet, got that damn notice all the same.
i hope apple has already been taking care of it
got a little frustrated

zabadu
Jun 12, 2012, 02:04 AM
Same here, 3rd gen Wifi only iPad.

Restored using XCode's Organizer, but it's same using iTunes 10.6.3

The iPad is restored just fine, and eventually displays the first launch setting assistant. The wifi networks can be seen after a while, can be joined (and the iPad gets an IP) but no internet connection. Turning airplane mode on and off, rebooting, turning wifi off and on, all these don't help.

Linksys router here as well, but they are so common I don't think it's related. Or is it?

I had no wifi problem on iOS 5.1 by the way. Well done Apple :/

sgtbash
Jun 12, 2012, 02:45 AM
Same problem here, no Internet connection with new iPad, FritzBox! WPA2 connection.

iPhone 4S works as expected.

Tried both iPhone hotspot and Mac Internet Shared Connection and both works, maybe something with the wifi WPA2 encryption?

Technarchy
Jun 12, 2012, 02:48 AM
Either the problem is the user or the iPad...

If it's the iPad, get it replaced...

If it's you, get educated on how to use the device, and avoid traffic intersections...

Ivan P
Jun 12, 2012, 02:53 AM

If it's you, get educated on how to use the device, and avoid traffic intersections...

It's definitely something to do with the version of iOS 6 for the WiFi-only 3rd gen iPad. I have the issue too, and over on the Apple discussion boards there's lots of people complaining about it. Obviously there's some major kind of bug that wasn't ironed out.

djrod
Jun 12, 2012, 03:17 AM
Same problem here, no Internet connection with new iPad, FritzBox! WPA2 connection.

iPhone 4S works as expected.

Tried both iPhone hotspot and Mac Internet Shared Connection and both works, maybe something with the wifi WPA2 encryption?

I have two Internet connections at home, one with WPA and the other one with WEP, different manufacturers too, and I can't get internet from either of them, the iPad connect, shows that is connected in the top right, heck it even gets IP address, but no Internet.

So sad, I'm back to iOS 5.1

Technarchy
Jun 12, 2012, 03:20 AM
It's definitely something to do with the version of iOS 6 for the WiFi-only 3rd gen iPad. I have the issue too, and over on the Apple discussion boards there's lots of people complaining about it. Obviously there's some major kind of bug that wasn't ironed out.

Thankfully iOS6 is in Beta. Beta is rarely up to being a daily driver.

zabadu
Jun 12, 2012, 03:36 AM

OK. Very same iPad, very same router. Wifi was working on iOS 5, is not working anymore on iOS 6 beta, and you don't even mention the possibility of the OS being the culprit. Totally makes sense. :rolleyes:

edit: Apple dev forums seem down...

Sonisk
Jun 12, 2012, 05:04 AM
I had this after updating my iPad 3 to iOS 6. I went to settings, turned off wifi, and then reset network settings. Went back to wifi, connected to my router, and everything was fine again.

Hope this helps.

zabadu
Jun 12, 2012, 08:22 AM
I had this after updating my iPad 3 to iOS 6. I went to settings, turned off wifi, and then reset network settings. Went back to wifi, connected to my router, and everything was fine again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip. Just tried it, but it eventually didn't solve the issue. The only workaround was to use internet sharing from my Mac so far...

Toby Ziegler
Jun 12, 2012, 08:31 AM
I've also got the same problem on my wifi only 3rd generation iPad. I tried resetting network settings, hard resets, clean restore as new, disabling my wifi security...none of it worked. According to my router and the iPad, all the appropriate network settings are being applied and it connects just fine, but no Internet traffic is going through.

I get that its a beta, but that's one heck of a bug to have missed.

djrod
Jun 12, 2012, 03:09 PM
OK. Very same iPad, very same router. Wifi was working on iOS 5, is not working anymore on iOS 6 beta, and you don't even mention the possibility of the OS being the culprit. Totally makes sense. :rolleyes:

edit: Apple dev forums seem down...

the dev forums are really slow :/

steveza
Jun 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
Sounds like it isn't getting a default gateway or the routing is messed - that is why you can access other hosts on the same network but nothing outside.

I don't plan to put the beta on my iPad so I can't test this and give better feedback. Hopefully an update will be forthcoming.

GravityEyes
Jun 12, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hmmm. Any one having this problem with an Apple branded router?

Waiting to install after more light is shed on this.

nfl46
Jun 12, 2012, 04:08 PM
I am having this issue as well on my Wifi only iPad 3. But it seems like A LOT of people are experiencing it as well.

ph0n33z
Jun 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Yea, I'm going to hold off in upgrading until this issue is resolved. An iPad is pretty useless without WiFi.

Sixtafoua
Jun 12, 2012, 04:22 PM
Yes, same here. It's annoying, but I don't do much browsing on my iPad anyways.
My iPhone 4's cellular internet also seems to lag more than before, but not nearly as bad as on the iPad.

----------

Hmmm. Any one having this problem with an Apple branded router?

Waiting to install after more light is shed on this.

i have an airport extreme, and I'm still having this problem.

FrancoisC
Jun 12, 2012, 04:23 PM
I got Lucky it seems, mine is working great here.

One thing I did that may be different, because of the activation issue I read about, I updated mine from 5.1.1 insteadof doing a restore.

Edit: Using Airport Extreme (latest one) at home and an old WRT54GL running ddwrt at work.

OmegaRed1723
Jun 12, 2012, 04:37 PM
32GB WiFi-only iPad3 here, and I have no problem with connecting to networks with the iOS6 beta.

Knock on wood, this has been one of the least buggy beta1 builds I've seen from Apple in a while.

GravityEyes
Jun 12, 2012, 06:12 PM
I went ahead and installed it. All is working fine. I have an Apple time capsule which seems to work on both iPad and both iPhones that were updated to ios 6.

Ljohnson72
Jun 13, 2012, 03:23 AM
My iPad 3's Wi-Fi also is not working. It detects Wi-Fi access points just fine and even shows that it is connected to mine, but nothing loads. Tried the tips posted here to no avail.

patchel
Jun 13, 2012, 05:01 AM
Ipad 3 and my 4s are both working on my end. I have only tried it with my wifi connection at home with a time capsule as the router.

Fwiw, here's the process i did, when i restored to ios 6, I setup the wifi first thru the ipad and then restored from backup. I setup everything from the ipad first and when I got to the last part of the setup (setup ipad as new, restore from icloud and restore from itunes backup) I tapped restore from itunes backup.

Did this for both my devices and haven't experienced wifi issues. (Hope it stays that way)

djrod
Jun 13, 2012, 07:08 AM
Solved: If your router has an option called WMM, activate it and problem solved!

tonyeck
Jun 13, 2012, 09:57 AM
Solved: If your router has an option called WMM, activate it and problem solved!

Saw this on the dev forums last night. Worked for me too :)

nfl46
Jun 13, 2012, 10:38 AM
Ah, I didn't have it enabled. I am going to try it.

Edit: That worked!

AWESOME!

Oliver G
Jun 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
I have a Netgear DG834Gv3 modem/router and my iPad 3 which has been upgraded to iOS 6 has no internet at all. Can someone tell me where I can turn this setting on in the DG834G?

djrod
Jun 13, 2012, 02:48 PM
I have a Netgear DG834Gv3 modem/router and my iPad 3 which has been upgraded to iOS 6 has no internet at all. Can someone tell me where I can turn this setting on in the DG834G?

I do have a Netgear too, do you have a "Multimedia Wifi" section ?

Here is a screenshot of mine (in spanish):

http://s3.subirimagenes.com:81/imagen/previo/thump_7769111capturadepantalla201.gif (http://www.subirimagenes.com/imagen-capturadepantalla201-7769111.html)

Oliver G
Jun 13, 2012, 02:50 PM
No I don't. I have a DG834G v3, I have looked around and apparently it is supposed to be turned on by default.

djrod
Jun 13, 2012, 03:26 PM
No I don't. I have a DG834G v3, I have looked around and apparently it is supposed to be turned on by default.

It seems that you need to upgrade your firmware to get WMM support, here is the latest version

http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2325

Oliver G
Jun 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
Already using the latest firmware.

saagar456
Jun 13, 2012, 07:21 PM
How would I enable WMM on a Linksys WRT300N router?

donwcc
Sep 19, 2012, 07:10 PM
Go to General under settings and click on Reset at the bottom of the options page. Click on Reset Network. This will erase all of your previous network settings. You'll then have to re-enter the information of the network you want to join. This will fix the problem. This worked on both my iPad 3 and iPod touch 4th generation.