PDA

View Full Version : Yay clock app for iPad!

leukotriene
Jun 11, 2012, 07:35 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know there is definitely a clock app on the ipad. It's actually really well designed. Lots of other little UI niceties too that weren't covered in the keynote.

Jordan921
Jun 11, 2012, 07:39 PM
So without the clock app was there a way for you to set up an alarm on the iPad previously?

Chundles
Jun 11, 2012, 07:40 PM
So without the clock app was there a way for you to set up an alarm on the iPad previously?

Only through 3rd party apps.

Jordan921
Jun 11, 2012, 07:41 PM
Only through 3rd party apps.

Ah that sucks

nfl46
Jun 11, 2012, 07:42 PM
I wish they would have added calculator as well. :(

leukotriene
Jun 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
I wish they would have added calculator as well. :(

Yup! Me too!

Unfortunately Passbook is missing on my iPad too. Don't laugh, I'd use it!

----------

Btw I was *this* close to posting screenshots of the iPad clock app, but Macrumors doesn't support the new iOS Safari image uploading.

I must say it uses some very strange UI actually.

LIVEFRMNYC
Jun 11, 2012, 07:54 PM
Not really major for me, since I been using the stock iPhone apps(Clocks, Calculator, Stocks, Weather, etc) on the my jailbroken iPad 2 for awhile now.

The Clock alarm is invaluable, since the "Alarm" tone on the iPad is very loud. Nice that they included it stock.

leukotriene
Jun 11, 2012, 08:04 PM
Not really major for me, since I been using the stock iPhone apps(Clocks, Calculator, Stocks, Weather, etc) on the my jailbroken iPad 2 for awhile now.

The Clock alarm is invaluable, since the "Alarm" tone on the iPad is very loud. Nice that they included it stock.

Wait till you see it too. It's very nice looking.

JUiCEJamie
Jun 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
Print screens? :)

Kavier
Jun 11, 2012, 08:24 PM
That's awesome!! I have missed having the built-in clock app like I've got on the iPhone. Of course, I already have a 3rd party app, but I'd prefer to just have one built-in.

SBehn
Jun 12, 2012, 09:00 AM
Yup! Me too!

Unfortunately Passbook is missing on my iPad too. Don't laugh, I'd use it!

----------

Btw I was *this* close to posting screenshots of the iPad clock app, but Macrumors doesn't support the new iOS Safari image uploading.

I must say it uses some very strange UI actually.

Could you give us a screenshot of that?

Random hero
Jun 12, 2012, 09:27 AM
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/06/11/first_look_apples_clock_app_comes_to_ipad_with_ios_6.html