Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smali

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Please stop acting so unprofessional on the forums, you guys are making the rest of us look bad.

No-one owes us anything, not Apple, Microsoft, Google...no-one. We spend the money we earned on the things that we need for work. If one company doesn't have the product you need...there's a dozen others that have.

Stop including ALL professionals in your arguments - there are plenty of us who are happily using macbook airs, macbook pros, imacs to make money and don't require a Mac Pro.

Then you wonder why professionals don't get any sympathy on these forums...

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Please stop acting so unprofessional on the forums, you guys are making the rest of us look bad.

No-one owes us anything, not Apple, Microsoft, Google...no-one. We spend the money we earned on the things that we need for work. If one company doesn't have the product you need...there's a dozen others that have.

Stop including ALL professionals in your arguments - there are plenty of us who are happily using macbook airs, macbook pros, imacs to make money and don't require a Mac Pro.

Then you wonder why professionals don't get any sympathy on these forums...

Every Pro needs a different machine.

I'm a " pro ". And the kind of programs I run would cause a MacBook Air, Macbook Pro, or an iMac, or hell even a Mac Pro to explode! ( Not actually, they just can't handle it. )

I think what some of them are getting at, is Apple does not offer any decent performing workstation.

Which is probably why so many of them are going over to the PC.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
If Apple doesn't build what I want, I can happily build it myself - which I've done before. But then I have to do tech support myself. Ah well - the price you pay for bespoke exclusivity. :)

Hence, you won't see me writing aggressive rants, nor scolding other users. But if Apple does build what I want, and the price is right, I'll buy it.

I actually do have a Mac Pro, a late 2010 model 3.2ghz Xeon model. I'm appreciating it more now that I have a D800e Nikon. The full size images take longer to edit, especially if I'm doing something more than just basic corrections.

And when I'm not doing that, it substitutes very nicely to run Flight Simulator X and some high-end addons back in Windows. ;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.