PDA

View Full Version : This device is not registered as part...

rrwrrw
Jun 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
I keep trying to activate my iPhone 4s on iOS 6 and keep getting the message "We're unable to complete your activation. This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program." I added the Device ID to the provisioning portal, but it isn't working.

Does this mean the server is down or that I have done something wrong when adding the Device ID?

ct2k7
Jun 12, 2012, 01:02 AM
It's going to take a while.

rrwrrw
Jun 12, 2012, 01:05 AM
So, is it probably the activation server then?

rrwrrw
Jun 12, 2012, 01:26 AM
Bump?

Jessica Lares
Jun 12, 2012, 01:31 AM
Did you copy and paste your UDID correctly?

rrwrrw
Jun 12, 2012, 01:35 AM
Yep. I was just wondering if this is the message that you get when the activation server is not working.

rrwrrw
Jun 12, 2012, 01:48 AM
Please help. Does anyone have the answer?

rrwrrw
Jun 12, 2012, 02:18 AM
Come on guys. Can someone please take two seconds and help?

SoldOutMatinee
Jun 12, 2012, 02:26 AM
Come on guys. Can someone please take two seconds and help?

if you did everything right, i wouldn't panic until a few more hours pass bc it seems that the servers are not responding for some right now. I activated my phone earlier today and it went smoothly. I've now tried doing someone else's and it's saying it's not registering so i'm assuming it's a server issue.

Haugum
Jun 12, 2012, 02:33 AM
I keep trying to activate my iPhone 4s on iOS 6 and keep getting the message "We're unable to complete your activation. This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program." I added the Device ID to the provisioning portal, but it isn't working.

Does this mean the server is down or that I have done something wrong when adding the Device ID?
Same thing happened to me, didn't work for hours. Then I put my iPhone into DFU, connected it to iTunes and restored to 5.1.1. When my iPhone was running 5.1.1, I connected it to iTunes and updated (NOT restored) to 6.0 by alt-clicking the update button and choosing my .ipsw file.

TL;DR
1. Enter DFU
2. Restore to 5.1.1 in iTunes
3. Alt-click update (not restore!) and choose your .ipsw (For Windows: Shift-click update).
4. Profit.

rrwrrw
Jun 12, 2012, 02:48 AM
Was that the exact error message you were getting as well?

udayrulz
Jun 12, 2012, 03:21 AM
Getting the same error. I restored straight from iOs5.0 to 6

ShapeShifter499
Jun 12, 2012, 12:05 PM
Same thing happened to me, didn't work for hours. Then I put my iPhone into DFU, connected it to iTunes and restored to 5.1.1. When my iPhone was running 5.1.1, I connected it to iTunes and updated (NOT restored) to 6.0 by alt-clicking the update button and choosing my .ipsw file.

TL;DR
1. Enter DFU
3. Alt-click update (not restore!) and choose your .ipsw
4. Profit.

This works great! However for windows users its SHIFT and click UPDATE.

aDRock1154
Jun 12, 2012, 12:12 PM

TL;DR
1. Enter DFU
3. Alt-click update (not restore!) and choose your .ipsw
4. Profit.

Thank you!!! I assumed the servers were getting hammered and I would just have to wait it out... I am trying as soon as I get home! Thanks again!