PDA

View Full Version : iOS 6 Beta 1: Current Bugs & Flaws Thread

Pages : [1] 2

gmanist1000
Jun 12, 2012, 02:51 AM
Lets get an official iOS 6 Bugs Thread going. What bugs have you found so far in iOS 6 Beta 1?

-Be sure to list the device you are using.

Most Common Bugs Mentioned So Far...

iPad 3 Wi-Fi Connectivity Is Spotty
Maps Crashes when attempting to Search
Auto-Brightness is Glitchy
iTunes and App Store not working properly for some
VIP Mail is not working properly for some
Typing on the keyboard results in slow sound clicks
Device constantly asking for Apple ID Password
Passbook not working (the apps aren't updated for iOS 6, so this is no bug)
Push notifications don't work 100% of the time.
Accessing FaceTime in Settings causes a crash.
Siri is broken for some

Vundu
Jun 12, 2012, 03:04 AM
Maps crashes when I try and search for anything 100% of the time.

Music stops playing and forgets my position when I exit the music app 50% of the time.

Like in the first iOS 5 beta I have the US app store even though I am in the UK.

jackylam
Jun 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
Push notification is not working very well. Some fires but some aren't.

8a22a
Jun 12, 2012, 04:52 AM
If you drag an app icon into a full folder it disappears and you can't get it back without reinstalling the app.

mph1974
Jun 12, 2012, 05:00 AM
I can't download or update any apps. They just hang on 'waiting' and nothing will budge them. I'm in the uk and wonder if it's an app store uk issue. Anyone else having this problem?

t0mat0
Jun 12, 2012, 05:14 AM
Would those with it say its stable enough for the adventurous to use on their own handsets? Are their any big bugs that make it unfeasible?

8a22a
Jun 12, 2012, 05:18 AM
Would those with it say its stable enough for the adventurous to use on their own handsets? Are their any big bugs that make it unfeasible?

I think it's very stable. Shouldn't need much of a beta period.

fox10078
Jun 12, 2012, 05:21 AM
IP4 massive speed increase I'm noticing. Pretty shocked.

thewitt
Jun 12, 2012, 05:31 AM

Not even remotely stable.... Unless you are very adventurous and ok with your phone or iPad doing very strange things, I would not put this first release on a production device.

mobilehavoc
Jun 12, 2012, 05:58 AM
Not even remotely stable.... Unless you are very adventurous and ok with your phone or iPad doing very strange things, I would not put this first release on a production device.

+1 its the first beta but they must not have heard of alpha, this feels like an alpha.

Kaiser99
Jun 12, 2012, 06:08 AM
just to hijack this thread slightly, i have seen the text editing video from daniel hooper, i hope you all have, any sign of anything like this on the IOS6 beta??

dadooo
Jun 12, 2012, 06:19 AM
My brightness goes down do 0% if I reboot my phone..
Don't know if it's a bug or not, but there's no more padlock on the lock screen.

nathanlloyd
Jun 12, 2012, 06:23 AM
I can't download or update any apps. They just hang on 'waiting' and nothing will budge them. I'm in the uk and wonder if it's an app store uk issue. Anyone else having this problem?

Works ok for me.

8a22a
Jun 12, 2012, 07:06 AM
If you drag an app icon into a full folder it disappears and you can't get it back without reinstalling the app.

Discovered it doesn't actually disappear, it's jumps to a new blank page. Only seems to occur when moving from one folder to another.

c613m
Jun 12, 2012, 07:20 AM
Going into the Settings App and trying to enter the Facetime section, it freezes the Settings App.

thewitt
Jun 12, 2012, 07:23 AM
+1 its the first beta but they must not have heard of alpha, this feels like an alpha.

The v5 beta 1 was just as bad. It's really very early in the build process, just giving us the APIs to work with.

drummerdude1390
Jun 12, 2012, 07:23 AM
Going into the Settings App and trying to enter the Facetime section, it freezes the Settings App.

same problem

troop231
Jun 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
Sometimes when you get a new text/iMessage, the "Messages" back button on the navigation bar disappears. The only way you can get back to the list of names/conversations main table is to kill the Messages app from the tray and re-launch it. Really annoying bug for sure.

pittman87
Jun 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
Auto brightness is currently bugged for me.

troop231
Jun 12, 2012, 07:55 AM
Auto brightness is currently bugged for me.

Me too. I disabled mine.

udayrulz
Jun 12, 2012, 07:58 AM
Maps won't load -

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8990/photoot.png

Xtremespirit319
Jun 12, 2012, 08:21 AM
Maps won't load -

Image (http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8990/photoot.png)

Same here :mad:

Jonathansm
Jun 12, 2012, 08:22 AM

I am in the US and I cant update apps either, does the same thing yours is doing.

Geo411m
Jun 12, 2012, 08:22 AM
everything is working fine except maps crashes when going from portrait to landscape.

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 08:25 AM

+1 on this.

Other than that this thing is pretty damn smooth for an initial beta. :)

its93rc
Jun 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
On iPhone 4S
App Store was distressingly slow.
Tried to use Emoji and App crashed.

On the new iPad
Won't connect to Wi-Fi (Netgear Router).

Auzburner
Jun 12, 2012, 08:27 AM
This feels like alpha to me. Siri crashes the phone whenever I ask her for directions. (Back to boot screen)

The FaceBook integration creates a ridiculous number of duplicate contacts and events associated with Facebook despite me disabling the "Calendar" feature in Settings.

Maps is gorgeous and super fast though. Even over AT&T "4G".

The text in the Music app is not very visible and doesn't contrast well with the background. I like the lighter colors, but the text needs to be more visible.

OneMike
Jun 12, 2012, 08:27 AM
Guess I got pretty lucky, so far at least.

I didn't experience any of the issues listed in this thread.

Couple apps to function correctly, but that's to be expected.

udayrulz
Jun 12, 2012, 09:21 AM
Same here :mad:

Weird thing is mine doesnt say " Map data by tomtom or whatever" that I have seen on some other people's screenshots..:confused:

gage006
Jun 12, 2012, 09:42 AM

Same here.

Only problem I've had (besides some expected crashes randomly) is it sometimes forgets my brightness setting. Other than that, pretty solid beta. iOS 5 was in much worse shape to start off.

xdxdaustin
Jun 12, 2012, 09:52 AM

I'm in the states and I've got it too :/

EDIT: Just after I posted this, I went to the app store, searched for the first app on my homescreen that was stuck on waiting, searched for it, pressed the button that was greyed out and said installing a few times, it asked for my password, and the selected app started installing!

Burton8219
Jun 12, 2012, 09:53 AM

Same here... commented on another board at how impressed I am with how stable this is as a first beta build. Maps are fine for me, Messages is fine for me, I'm getting better battery than I did on 5.1.1, and now that you can attach files inline I don't need Sparrow and a jailbreak to make Sparrow push. Most of the issues I'm seeing and have seen in early beta builds come from people outside the US. It should be known that Apple doesn't have much satellite imaging outside the US right now either. These will come in later releases.

Liam08
Jun 12, 2012, 09:54 AM
Just had a quick read through this thread, I installed iOS6 in my iPad 3 and I've had one crash of the Map app.
Thats it.

javaGuru
Jun 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
Can you guys try to include which device you are running iOS 6 on? Some of these bugs might be exclusive to certain devices as I'm sure the iOS builds are probably slightly different.

I'm running the beta on an iPhone 4S and have found it to be very stable. All of my apps are running without any issues. The only issues I have experienced are as follows:

- I can't drag my tones over to my phone without clearing out everything and starting over.

- The auto brightness seems to go from one extreme to the other quickly.

- I'm not sure if this is a bug but I can't find out how to turn off vibrate when NOT on silent.

I can't think of anything else right now. If I find more bugs I'll post them here.

Burton8219
Jun 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
Can you guys try to include which device you are running iOS 6 on? Some of these bugs might be exclusive to certain devices as I'm sure the iOS builds are probably slightly different.

I'm running the beta on an iPhone 4S and have found it to be very stable. All of my apps are running without any issues. The only issues I have experienced are as follows:

- I can't drag my tones over to my phone without clearing out everything and starting over.

- The auto brightness seems to go from one extreme to the other quickly.

- I'm not sure if this is a bug but I can't find out how to turn off vibrate when NOT on silent.

I can't think of anything else right now. If I find more bugs I'll post them here.
I'm on a 4S too and find it to be very stable. And FYI, right at the top of the Sounds section in the settings there should be two options... "Vibrate on Ring" and "Vibrate on Silent".

VSMacOne
Jun 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
Does anybody else have the Setting Time Zone Location Service running all the time? I just noticed that it won't turn off automatically, unless I turn it off completely. Is this normal for iOS 6? I remember in iOS5 it used to only come on every once in a while...

moonman239
Jun 12, 2012, 10:17 AM
I suggest filing bug reports with Apple. That is, if you're a registered developer. If not, you have committed a crime.

DeBilbao
Jun 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
It's a fact that a beta firmware should never be considered in a production environment, but once you know that and assume the risks derived of its installation, it's time to judge.

I've tried it on both my iPhone 4S and my iPad 2 3G and for me is running really well, with some minor flaws.

Maps needs to be improved a lot and at least by the moment I don't like what I see. I'm located in Spain, so it can be a location related problem, altough it says that map data are obtained from TomTom. You can install Google Maps as a shortcut in the desktop and it works quite nice.

Screen brightness is a bit out of control. When I first installed the firmware, both the iPhone and the iPad began with a really dimmed screen, around 20% of brightness. I corrected it and brightness at 50% thrown the same brightness as 100% before. I deactivated the automatic brightness and activated again and now it seems to be working OK, but as soon as I restart the device it goes crazy again. By the way - maybe is placebo effect - but I perceive screen colour more accurate than before, as if it were using a better calibration profile, without a slight yellow cast as before.

Facetime settings can't be accessed. When you try to enter them the settings app freezes.

Photo Editing in the photo roll has corrupted some photos. Be careful with this and always work on a copy if it's a unique photo you can't replace.

Music app is redesigned and it need to be polished, but it works well. Some weird behaviour sometimes with iTunes Match when switching between tabs, but now I've synced around 400 albums it works way better than before, loading every album cover much faster. Sometimes it syas you can't download the album, but it works anyway.

Air Video doesn't play the remote server files. I've published a post in the Inmethod forums and hope they get it corrected soon because I'll miss it.

I have more than 200 apps installed and almost every app I try works well. The most common Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Weather Pro, SoundHound, iBooks, GoodReader, TomTom, Motion-X GPS, CityMaps2Go, and a huge etc. is running fine so far.

I'm not a huge fan of iCloud and I'm syncing my contacts, mails and calendars with my corporate Exchange mailbox. But the iCloud services I'm using works well.

And the following three are updates that in my case make worth the update by themselves.

Bluetooth music streaming using AVRCP works better than before. It seems that the bluetooth link is more stable and less prone to interferences.

Siri is finally available in Spanish and if it gets improved, it's going to be really useful. I want to know why it isn't available for the iPad 2 3G, anyone knows?

Voice recognition integrated in the keyboard has finally convinced me to speak to my phone. It's nothing new and Dragon has it with Dictation, but being able to use it anywhere you need to type makes a difference.

;) ;) ;)

dspalton
Jun 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
Got this message on all inbox messages...

Lol

parrot5
Jun 12, 2012, 10:28 AM

No problem here. Have multiple address set up to use Facetime as well.

nfl46
Jun 12, 2012, 10:35 AM
Lol, well, seems like everyone has it covered with the bugs that I'm experiencing.

This Beta 1 is a lot better than iOS 5 Beta 1. I couldn't play videos at all, plus I was having compatitibility issues with a lot of applications. iOS 6 Beta 1 is pretty good.

parrot5
Jun 12, 2012, 10:37 AM
This feels like alpha to me. Siri crashes the phone whenever I ask her for directions. (Back to boot screen)

The FaceBook integration creates a ridiculous number of duplicate contacts and events associated with Facebook despite me disabling the "Calendar" feature in Settings.

Maps is gorgeous and super fast though. Even over AT&T "4G".

The text in the Music app is not very visible and doesn't contrast well with the background. I like the lighter colors, but the text needs to be more visible.

For the duplicate contacts, EDIT the contact entry and at the bottom LINK it to the Facebook entry. Remember to choose to enable Facebook address books when it asks you to link, or else you don't see the one to link to.

And then (or to just) ignore the Facebook entries, disable them in Contacts -> Groups.

Burton8219
Jun 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
For the duplicate contacts, EDIT the contact entry and at the bottom LINK it to the Facebook entry. Remember to choose to enable Facebook address books when it asks you to link, or else you don't see the one to link to.

And then (or to just) ignore the Facebook entries, disable them in Contacts -> Groups.
This is how I went about it... I sync my contacts through GMail and if you uncheck Facebook as a group in your contacts it just leaves my regular numbers with Facebook linked to the numbers I have in my contacts. Best way to go about it IMO.

The DRis
Jun 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
I suggest filing bug reports with Apple. That is, if you're a registered developer. If not, you have committed a crime.

Oh nos.... You gonna call the police?

Burton8219
Jun 12, 2012, 11:02 AM
Oh nos.... You gonna call the police?
Yes, he was going a little overboard, but antagonizing him will only lead to us getting off topic.

The DRis
Jun 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
Yes, he was going a little overboard, but antagonizing him will only lead to us getting off topic.

Hahaha, sorry. I got a developer friend to register my UDID last year. Those guys always make me chuckle.

Sonisk
Jun 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't update apps from the app-store on my iPad 3 or my iPhone 4S. I have to reinstall to update my apps.

mrcoffee1985
Jun 12, 2012, 11:09 AM
My brightness goes down do 0% if I reboot my phone..
Don't know if it's a bug or not, but there's no more padlock on the lock screen.

yes, i have noticed that if the phone is about to go to sleep, aka that brief dimm screen before it shuts screen off, well if you touch the screen then it sets brightness to 0%.

----------

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't update apps from the app-store on my iPad 3 or my iPhone 4S. I have to reinstall to update my apps.

Same for me on 4S. And the install button is a code string.

VSMacOne
Jun 12, 2012, 11:14 AM
This is how I went about it... I sync my contacts through GMail and if you uncheck Facebook as a group in your contacts it just leaves my regular numbers with Facebook linked to the numbers I have in my contacts. Best way to go about it IMO.

I wonder if you allow Facebook access to the Contacts app will it automatically add your contacts to Facebook? Or simply use them to link existing contacts and find new ones.

----------

Not here. I would try to do a fresh install. I upgraded from iOS 5 and was able to keep all my info.

Auzburner
Jun 12, 2012, 11:14 AM

I was able to update yesterday evening by selecting "update all". I only had an issue with the initial installation once iOS 6 was originally set up. It hung on Twitter and Remote...

1080p
Jun 12, 2012, 11:18 AM

I dunno. I like Facebook integration. I decided to leave FB contacts on and took about an hours to link FB contacts that didn't auto link. Hopefully iCloud will remember the Links and back them up for future restores and upgrades.

dspalton
Jun 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
App updates slow but working

Siri is nice lol

AlexByers
Jun 12, 2012, 11:38 AM
I really haven't noticed many bugs, other than the app store and all that comes with it being painfully slow. Maps and searching seem to work fine for me other than not having the Satellite or Hybrid views.

ItsGavinC
Jun 12, 2012, 11:44 AM
The v5 beta 1 was just as bad. It's really very early in the build process, just giving us the APIs to work with.

I think the beta 1 for iOS 5 was MUCH worse. Geez, I couldn't even create a calendar event without it crashing. It would hang for 2-3 minutes and then crash. On the iPad, even entering the Calendar app would cause the app to crash.

Many of the apps I commonly used (like HBOGo and Netflix among others) wouldn't even load on the betas for 5. These apps work perfectly on iOS 6 for me.

No, I think this first version is far and away more stable. I'm using it on my primary device.

dspalton
Jun 12, 2012, 11:53 AM
Genius not for iOS 6

Burton8219
Jun 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
Genius not for iOS 6
Pretty sure this was a known issue from the release notes, but I also saw that when I was looking through the App Store.

joshlee
Jun 12, 2012, 12:00 PM

Music stops playing and forgets my position when I exit the music app 50% of the time.

Like in the first iOS 5 beta I have the US app store even though I am in the UK.

MY maps app crashed everytime i touched the search bar last night. but I woke up this morning and it works flawlessly. I have no idea what fixed it over night. All i did was let it charge.

One thing I did differently today was turn the maps into landscape mode for the first time today and then tried to search, that's when it worked properly for the first time

dspalton
Jun 12, 2012, 12:04 PM
Messages in inbox not sorting by time order

Dave

chasers
Jun 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
I'm using a iPhone 4S on Sprint and Monopoly Hotel and Draw Something both refuses to load then crashes.

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 12:17 PM
MY maps app crashed everytime i touched the search bar last night. but I woke up this morning and it works flawlessly. I have no idea what fixed it over night. All i did was let it charge.

One thing I did differently today was turn the maps into landscape mode for the first time today and then tried to search, that's when it worked properly for the first time

Didnt work for me :(

M0esmac
Jun 12, 2012, 12:29 PM
One thing wich I hate is integration with facebook and all those pop ups let facebook etcetcetc... ******* off.
and yes, scrolling a big laggy, and app store a bit crap so far.

nfl46
Jun 12, 2012, 12:46 PM

Odd! Landscape maps wasn't working for earlier, now it is.

Edit: It crashed. Its a bug.

tjsherod
Jun 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
I have an iPad 3 and i cannot get wifi working on setup. It says its connected and my wifi at home is working but whenever i click next in setup it says im not connected. Does anybody else have this problem? I need help!

Menel
Jun 12, 2012, 01:01 PM
I have an iPad 3 and i cannot get wifi working on setup. It says its connected and my wifi at home is working but whenever i click next in setup it says im not connected. Does anybody else have this problem? I need help!Behaves like that on 2.4GHz, but works fine on 5GHz and tethering.

Beta OS, not for live, production devices. Known issue, I'm not sure ALL have that issue, but many people do.

cwood1009
Jun 12, 2012, 01:37 PM
I can facetime over 3g using iphone 4s, but not with iphone 4 cdma or ipad 2 gsm.

alexzz123
Jun 12, 2012, 01:40 PM
On iPhone 4S
App Store was distressingly slow.
Tried to use Emoji and App crashed.

On the new iPad
Won't connect to Wi-Fi (Netgear Router).

Any solution for the new ipad, i want to use it again

cwood1009
Jun 12, 2012, 01:44 PM
Any solution for the new ipad, i want to use it again

Ive read that if you connect with 5ghz wifi its been working.

joshlee
Jun 12, 2012, 01:53 PM
Didnt work for me :(

Yeah, it is really odd. I did notice that in the settings where it reports beta bugs, I had a full list of map crashes. Maybe apple takes that into account and silently rolls out fixes. Cause not one thing had been done to my phone and I woke up and I have had no issues today.

So maybe you should just keep purposefully crashing maps and it will flag apple...

WordMasterRice
Jun 12, 2012, 01:53 PM
Behaves like that on 2.4GHz, but works fine on 5GHz and tethering.

Beta OS, not for live, production devices. Known issue, I'm not sure ALL have that issue, but many people do.

Why do people keep pointing this out? Do you know the reason that they release these betas? It's so that devs can test their apps with the new API's. If the app uses the web (which a huge number do) then the beta is worthless since I can't test the app (if you will recall from just a few sentences ago that is the purpose of the betas).

People understand that there are bugs in betas, but when the bugs fly in the face of the whole point it's worthwhile to point out and ask for solutions.

Menel
Jun 12, 2012, 02:14 PM
Why do people keep pointing this out? Do you know the reason that they release these betas? It's so that devs can test their apps with the new API's. If the app uses the web (which a huge number do) then the beta is worthless since I can't test the app (if you will recall from just a few sentences ago that is the purpose of the betas).

People understand that there are bugs in betas, but when the bugs fly in the face of the whole point it's worthwhile to point out and ask for solutions.Again, from my post, works fine from 5ghz wifi. Have at it.

tyrantv
Jun 12, 2012, 03:11 PM
I found afew bugs, while in call i had an incident where my phone locked up like it was frozen in a reboot state. When i went to reset it it loaded back to the call and was still connected. also my bluetooth on every call i make is reset to the lowest volume posible and i must turn it up every time.

----------

this is on the iphone 4s and im in the U.S

VSMacOne
Jun 12, 2012, 03:14 PM

People understand that there are bugs in betas, but when the bugs fly in the face of the whole point it's worthwhile to point out and ask for solutions.

If you're a developer and have an issue with the beta iOS you shouldn't be posting that here. Nobody on this forum can fix it. You submit it to Apple.
I think the point is that a lot of people who are not developers are installing the beta version and then complaining that a bunch of things are not working and Apple suck this and that, and additionally going on the App Store and leaving bad reviews for apps that don't work yet on the beta. This becomes frustrating after a while..

Defender2010
Jun 12, 2012, 04:11 PM
I have the beta on my iPhone 4S and new iPad. I also think this is one of the least buggy first betas released in a while. Very stable for me. Only the new app store is slow. Maps, Siri etc working well. Safari is great, much faster.

ImtheRip
Jun 12, 2012, 04:16 PM
Facetime settings can't be accessed. When you try to enter them the settings app freezes.

I do have this problem too on an iPhone 4. I have multiple addresses too.

It might be related, but I can't access to iMessages addresses settings too.

A part from this, push notifications are a bit random.

The biggest bug for me is that FaceTime over 3G does not work on the iPhone 4, nor turn by turn navigation. Oh wait...:mad:

anderskk
Jun 12, 2012, 04:35 PM
Birthdays appears twice in calendar/notifications. This because the Facebook contact has a birthday date. It then syncs with a contact that also gets this date. It happens even if the two contacts are linked.

Unchecking Facebook birthdays from items to show in the Calendar app removes the Facebook entries in the Calendar app. And it basically leaves me with behavior I want - birthdays for people in my contacts list(I don't want all the "Facebook birthdays" to clutter up my calendar). But - the Notification pull-down still shows "Facebook birthdays" (twice for the ones I have both in my contacts and on Facebook. Once for my Facebook only friends)

donjuan2009
Jun 12, 2012, 05:03 PM
Logmein working on ios 6

CheatingSoi
Jun 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
Not sure if mentioned but when you're playing music and you adjust the volume with the buttons, the screen will turn on. Quite annoying.

frunkis54
Jun 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
Icloud keeps asking for pasword every 5min or so.

just a reminder posting that a particular app isn't working is not bug with ios6 apps haven't been udpated for ios6 so some won't work correctly.

jredecop
Jun 12, 2012, 05:38 PM
I can't send pics with iMessage, just get a red exclamation right away.

Nevermind: Reboot fixed it.

ItsGavinC
Jun 12, 2012, 05:45 PM

Strange indeed. Mine works perfectly sending and receiving under iMessage (from my 4S to wife's 4 (with iOS6 and my mother's 4 with iOS5). If it is a big deal for you, perhaps a reinstall?

When I installed 6, I didn't do a restore, just did an update.

jeremyshaw
Jun 12, 2012, 05:46 PM

Ah, yes, I've noticed this, too. Sending from iOS6 on 4S to 3GS (also iOS6).

mrapplegate
Jun 12, 2012, 05:48 PM
Icloud keeps asking for pasword every 5min or so.

just a reminder posting that a particular app isn't working is not bug with ios6 apps haven't been udpated for ios6 so some won't work correctly.

My wife had the same problem, I did not. Her solution was to change it in Settings -> iCloud, to the current password. It fixed it so far.

rdej47
Jun 12, 2012, 06:16 PM
iPad (3rd gen) connects to router but gets no internet, however it will connect to personal hotspot setup on my iPhone 4 (also running iOS 6 beta) and get internet from that. I'm going to try a restore and see if that helps.

Bumppoman
Jun 12, 2012, 06:16 PM
I have no sound for phone calls. On either end. Nothing is transmitted from or to the iPhone.

Jessica Lares
Jun 12, 2012, 06:18 PM
So what in the world happened to the NDA this time around? :rolleyes:

No bugs here yet.

DarkGiftRadio
Jun 12, 2012, 06:35 PM
The only few things I've noticed, is that if you goto Settings/Facetime the FaceTime bar highlights blue and freezes. I have to hit the home button to exit and kill the app.

Also, when typing text messages, they keyclicks aren't in sync with the keystrokes like they were in iOS5 (Meaning that for every keystroke when typing fast it doesn't sound like I'm hearing a click for every key pressed), Gets a little getting used to. Not to mention that the volume of the keyclicks aren't as loud as they used to be. I somehow managed to get them turned back up, but after a second or two of typing they automatically dropped. I think apple needs to add another slider in the sound settings for clicks and whatnot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

rossihvac
Jun 12, 2012, 07:07 PM
I ran it on my iPhone for 24 hours and it was working great aside from the battery life. I watched it drain ridiculously fast and I was barely even using it. I enjoyed the new siri features too, I think once apple works the kinks out iOS 6 is going to be awesome!

iPhoneApple
Jun 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
Do any apps work for passbook yet?

Burton8219
Jun 12, 2012, 07:22 PM
The two things I've noticed are within the Maps, but I feel it's just due to lack of map data this early in the game. Traffic rarely shows up besides major roadways for me (and I'm in the NY Metro area) and it seems routing via public transportation (subway/buses) is a no go with this build. Not a huge deal for me personally, but might be for a visitor. Other than that I can find nothing wrong (knocks on wood) with this build and continue to be thoroughly impressed.

ajvizzgamer101
Jun 12, 2012, 07:29 PM
Map app crashes, and Facebook contact sync screwed up all my contacts.

m0oskk
Jun 12, 2012, 07:36 PM
Some of my apps that I resync with via iTunes started crashing, like Flipbook. But I reinstalled it and its working fine now.

m0oskk
Jun 12, 2012, 07:46 PM
Some of my apps that I resync with via iTunes started crashing, like Flipbook. But I reinstalled the apps and its working fine now.

schizbomb
Jun 12, 2012, 07:47 PM
I'm getting an intermittent keyboard issue where it doesn't keep up with the key clicks and it throws my typing off haha

saberahul
Jun 12, 2012, 07:47 PM
I am surprised: haven't seen a single thread where some idiot is asking about how he/she might get access to it without being a dev.

madgick
Jun 12, 2012, 07:48 PM
Using the new iPad, I'm having a lot of Map crashes

I've also tried to play both Wordfeud and Draw something, but after the log in screens both crash immediately.

Also, when I make a Directions route in Maps, I can't change the view from from Standard to Hybrid unless I come out of Directions and then Resume it afterward. I hope they change that

JUiCEJamie
Jun 12, 2012, 08:04 PM
Has anybody noticed that the default blue wallpaper in iOS6 is just a little pixelated?
This seems to be the case on my both my 16Gb 4S and my new iPad too.

xdxdaustin
Jun 12, 2012, 08:14 PM
I was able to update yesterday evening by selecting "update all". I only had an issue with the initial installation once iOS 6 was originally set up. It hung on Twitter and Remote...

Same here! I knowticed though that my app store doesn't really like to load over 3G :confused:

yes, i have noticed that if the phone is about to go to sleep, aka that brief dimm screen before it shuts screen off, well if you touch the screen then it sets brightness to 0%.

----------

It seems as if everyone is having the dimming problem but me on my 4S, so I'd love to help find a fix.

Ah, yes, I've noticed this, too. Sending from iOS6 on 4S to 3GS (also iOS6).

Mine just reverts to text messaging :confused:

Apple TarHeel
Jun 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
Has anyone tried geofencing with Siri and it work correctly on iPad 3?

crovian
Jun 12, 2012, 08:47 PM
can anyone with ios6 beta on ipad 3 confirm if siri works in Canada with location based questions?

dweezle3
Jun 12, 2012, 08:48 PM
Logmein working on ios 6

Is that bug? :p

DribbleCastle
Jun 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
Decent experience so far in my first couple hours. Using it on the new iPad. Retina display looks even better to me with iOS 6. Maybe it's a change in brightness or something.

Maps looks great and no crashes with it thuss far. Really like Siri so far but well see how much I feel the need to use it. New stores look great, love the new update process that doesn't take you out of the App.

Anyway, on to the bugs. Slingbox app works but has a wierd bug when changing channels. Other App that's not acting right is the Paralles Mobile app. I just get a black screen when trying to view my VMs including my Mac desktop.

That's all I have for now. Overall feels way better than Beta 1 back in OS 5 development days.

troop231
Jun 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
iAds in apps are broken, it shows a test advertisment, and that is completely fine with me :D

verizoniphone4
Jun 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
No access to purchased music and the screen turns on when changing volume(hope that isn't here to stay)

applebro24
Jun 12, 2012, 09:48 PM
Current location jumps around a lot in the Maps app, mostly when in 3D mode. The app in general is seriously half baked. The Vegas strip does look pretty amazing even in beta. Looking forward to a polished version.

alex2792
Jun 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
Installed on my iPad 3 tonight so far smooth sailing, haven't found any obvious bugs yet.

Apple TarHeel
Jun 12, 2012, 09:55 PM
Someone with an iPad 3 please ask Siri to remind you to pick up milk once you leave your current location to see if it works? Mine does not.

anderskk
Jun 13, 2012, 01:25 AM
How can Apple be aware of all these bugs? Is there an official forum or form for bugs in the Beta?

brightonmijet
Jun 13, 2012, 02:31 AM
Installed this beta release last night onto my iPhone 4 and found a little 'glitch'. If you use safari in landscape mode and click on the sharing icon then select Print and return the device to portrait mode the screen goes a little squiffy. (See screen shot)

Have also noticed that general overal performance of my handset has decreased, response time to typing speeds is laggy but this being only V1 of the beta there are lots of changes that will be made to this.

mattdo93
Jun 13, 2012, 02:47 AM
Photos are completely messed up. One of my albums has the pictures out of order and in the main Camera Roll some thumbnails are black and then turn white when i tap them.. Other than that, everything seems fine. I noticed the keyboard typing issue as well.

EDIT: Nvm, found the reason for the corrupted photos. Someone in this thread said that edited photos would be messed up, and that was the case here. All of the photos that were bugged were the ones I used Auto-Enhance on, so I just turned it off for all of them and now they appear normally =)

richxps
Jun 13, 2012, 07:03 AM
please with each post that you list bugs please note the device your using, im on a 4s and i have not found any of these that are mentioned.

Futhark
Jun 13, 2012, 07:14 AM
Is anyone having problems adding people to their VIP Mail, To test this i wanted to add all my family members all who have email addresses stored in my contacts but some of them are Greyed out and can't be picked in VIP?

Frosticus
Jun 13, 2012, 07:20 AM
How can Apple be aware of all these bugs? Is there an official forum or form for bugs in the Beta?

https://bugreport.apple.com ;)

Futhark
Jun 13, 2012, 07:24 AM
Photos are completely messed up. One of my albums has the pictures out of order and in the main Camera Roll some thumbnails are black and then turn white when i tap them.. Other than that, everything seems fine. I noticed the keyboard typing issue as well.

Yeah this is the same for me too.

hobsgrg
Jun 13, 2012, 07:45 AM
I've not had any problems on iPhone 4S or iPad 3 WiFi + cellular although had to reboot the phone after updating to clear some issues with the app store

ajkst1
Jun 13, 2012, 07:54 AM

Did you restore from backup after loading iOS 6? If you open Maps, is there an existing search there? My phone was doing the same thing. I loaded iOS 6 and set my phone up as a new device. Search works without issue now.

ggp759
Jun 13, 2012, 07:57 AM
1) The "Enable 3G" button is missing.
2) Screen brightness issue
3) Funny behaviour of the App store ( installing, updating etc)
4) Push notifications especially reminders connected to GPS not working
5) Battery life totally unoptimized. 30% down in standby over 8hours

back to 5.1.1 it is!

Hls811
Jun 13, 2012, 08:05 AM
Is anyone having problems adding people to their VIP Mail, To test this i wanted to add all my family members all who have email addresses stored in my contacts but some of them are Greyed out and can't be picked in VIP?

Do those people have email addresses in your Contact list or just phone #'s? (I noticed the same thing then realized they were phone-only contacts)

Futhark
Jun 13, 2012, 08:30 AM
Do those people have email addresses in your Contact list or just phone #'s? (I noticed the same thing then realized they were phone-only contacts)

Thanks for the reply but I did say they had email addresses saved under contact information :-) this is strange?

CavemanUK
Jun 13, 2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the reply but I did say they had email addresses saved under contact information :-) this is strange?

i had same issue and it turned out to be related to linked contacts (phone contact and facebook contact merged).. if you unlink you can VIP them and then re-link them.

Burton8219
Jun 13, 2012, 08:45 AM
I'd just like to say that a lot of the issues I'm seeing here could be due to restoring from an iOS 5 backup... when it comes to brand new software you should always do a clean install. I know it's annoying to rearrange everything and lose your texts etc., but you'll have a much more stable experience if there's only iOS 6 architecture on the device instead of parts of 5 and 6 both on the device. Just a disclaimer...

Can Inelli
Jun 13, 2012, 08:59 AM
1) Whatsapp messages seem to come 3-4 mins late ( Anyone else ? )

2) Brightness goes crazy by itself.

3) Can't see my existing Mobile Uploads album while uploading a picture to Facebook . However I can see some other existing albums. I created a new "iOS Photos" album. ( Anyone else ? )

Futhark
Jun 13, 2012, 09:33 AM
i had same issue and it turned out to be related to linked contacts (phone contact and facebook contact merged).. if you unlink you can VIP them and then re-link them.

Thanks for the advice

Futhark
Jun 13, 2012, 09:38 AM
My Passbook loads up but then that's it. I can't click on anything.

DribbleCastle
Jun 13, 2012, 10:21 AM
Everything was going pretty well until I got to work and am unable to connect to the network. I'm running an iPad (3rd gen) Its probably because we have some older hardware for our wireless LAN.

Might be the dagger that sends me back to iOS 5.

yodayoda
Jun 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Everything was going pretty well until I got to work and am unable to connect to the network. I'm running an iPad (3rd gen) Its probably because we have some older hardware for our wireless LAN.

Might be the dagger that sends me back to iOS 5.

Restoring my primary device back to iOS 5 - Only my testing units are getting iOS 6 now.

I guess I learned my lesson. How do any of you cope with the new Beta on your primary device its too laggy even on a 4s

unobtainium
Jun 13, 2012, 10:25 AM

Number of people who care: 0

rpeterslll
Jun 13, 2012, 10:42 AM
Twice now, when answering an incoming call, the speaker phone button is automatically selected and I am unable to hear anyone on the opposite end of the call and they can't hear me. I am also unable to hear anyone when I dial out and they cant hear me but the call rings through. A hard reset resolved this problem for now.

minik
Jun 13, 2012, 10:54 AM
Couldn't access/download contents from the iTunes store Podcast section on the iPhone 4 (GSM).

Burton8219
Jun 13, 2012, 11:30 AM
My Passbook loads up but then that's it. I can't click on anything.

Passbook has to be worked into current applications... It's a platform, not just an app. So Starbucks has to make their app Passbook compatible, then you can put your card into Passbook.

Burton8219
Jun 13, 2012, 11:31 AM
Restoring my primary device back to iOS 5 - Only my testing units are getting iOS 6 now.

I guess I learned my lesson. How do any of you cope with the new Beta on your primary device its too laggy even on a 4s

I'm running beta 1 on my primary 4S after some testing and it's solid for me. Maybe you restored from an iOS 5 backup instead of starting fresh? That could cause some problems.

Can Inelli
Jun 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Anyone else have the problem with Whatsapp ? Notifications come like 5-6 mins late.

ochtung
Jun 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Overall stable but a few bugs on ip4s:
Safari will close when going to certain pages
Can't download certain apps
asking to verify iCloud account when plugging in
adding picture to email crashes email 50% of the time

wayneholbrook
Jun 13, 2012, 11:52 AM
Call quality is spotty. Just looses call and re-started on it own.

Futhark
Jun 13, 2012, 12:00 PM
Anyone else have the problem with Whatsapp ? Notifications come like 5-6 mins late.

Is the person sending u a message saying they sent it 5-6 mins ago or is it the time stamp?

mjenkins94
Jun 13, 2012, 12:02 PM
I used to share a account with my father and bought roughly 400 songs from him and then I got my own account when i was old enough and have 950+ songs from my account. Ever since i updated to iOS 6 the music from when i shared my account with my dad will NOT sync to my phone, so i only have 967 songs on my iphone vs the 1300+ im used to. I know that possibly when the GM comes out the problem will be hopefully fixed but it is really annoying for the time being.
the music plays fine until you try to skip a track or go back to a track, thats when it freezes and ****.
AND THIS IS THE BIGGEST BUG BY FAR.
when i plug my phone into itunes, you know how it shows the how much of each thing (music, videos, apps , photos) takes up how much space on your iphone, well ever since i updated to iOS6 i have 10.5GB of ' OTHER' on my phone and i have no idea what the **** it is..does anyone else have these problems?!:confused:

alent1234
Jun 13, 2012, 12:04 PM
any word if activesync works with exchange 2003?

Futhark
Jun 13, 2012, 12:05 PM

Getting this on my iOS 6 device but not iOS 5

harbrown
Jun 13, 2012, 12:30 PM
Maps - work on ipad 2 not iphone 4
Phone call - the text option appears but not the save for later
App store - sloooooow

also, anyone have a list of all 200 upgrades?

GeorgieAcevedo
Jun 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
Lets get an official iOS 6 Bugs Thread going. What bugs have you found so far in iOS 6 Beta 1?

-Be sure to list the device you are using.

If you're committed to this thread please read all the posted bugs here and update the post with a list of the ones that been listed!

mactmaster
Jun 13, 2012, 12:54 PM
Maps - work on ipad 2 not iphone 4
Phone call - the text option appears but not the save for later
App store - sloooooow

also, anyone have a list of all 200 upgrades?

Full list of changes doesn't get released until closer to ship date.

Oliver G
Jun 13, 2012, 01:00 PM
Using an iPad 3 (WiFi 64GB) with a Netgear DG834G modem router and cannot get the internet to work, it even connects to the network but Safari says "Safari could not open the page". Any suggestions?

Us3rnam3
Jun 13, 2012, 01:06 PM
Please don't jailbreak in the betas if you're a developer. It will mess up your findings. Also, to eliminate any iOS 5 to iOS 6 issues, try to start with a fresh device. Then add your items. I know it's a pain but it will work out in the future. Thanks.

iBreatheApple
Jun 13, 2012, 01:11 PM

Not for me. I wonder what is different that this happens on some people's phones and not on others.

VSMacOne
Jun 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
I've got iOS6 on my iPhone 4S, and I updated from iOS 5.1.1. I'm experiencing the brightness issue, but another weird one is that under Location Services/System Services I enabled the Status Bar icon to see when System services use location, and I've noticed that the Setting Time Zone option when turned on, uses location all the time!

Could somebody else follow these steps and post what you find? This might be a reason for weaker battery life but this may just be a bug that resulted from my doing an update instead of a new install. Thanks in advance.

iBreatheApple
Jun 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
No access to purchased music and the screen turns on when changing volume(hope that isn't here to stay)
This has already been a big issue for me though I'm not sure it should be labeled as a bug.

I'm getting an intermittent keyboard issue where it doesn't keep up with the key clicks and it throws my typing off haha

Yes!!!

Map app crashes, and Facebook contact sync screwed up all my contacts.

If you go to settings>Facebook you can switch Facebook contacts off and it takes them out of your contacts.

I can facetime over 3g using iphone 4s, but not with iphone 4 cdma or ipad 2 gsm.

I don't know if you've been quoted or discovered yet, but 3G FaceTime will only be available with the 4S and new iPad according to the MR front page.

Me too. I disabled mine.

Is your brightness going all the way down? If so disabling auto brightness won't fix it as mine does that as well with it off.

Major General
Jun 13, 2012, 02:05 PM
In the iPod app it will display one thing and play something else, hit next and the song that happens to be playing is that same song.
Happens periodically
iPhone 4

mactmaster
Jun 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
Small thumbnails in places still not Retina optimized... since 4.0

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7696/img0929.png

gmanist1000
Jun 13, 2012, 02:46 PM
If you're committed to this thread please read all the posted bugs here and update the post with a list of the ones that been listed!

Updating the original post as we speak.

brightonmijet
Jun 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
Not sure how many people may have already read this before posting here

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/12/new-features-in-ios-6-receive-spotty-support-from-older-devices/

The iPhone 4 doesn't get flyover, turn-by-turn directions, Siri (of course) or Facetime over 3G :(

Jeezy0211
Jun 13, 2012, 03:30 PM
Apple ID Keep Logging Out

rpeterslll
Jun 13, 2012, 03:34 PM
Is anyone's facetime not working with an iPhone 4? Mine rings though but just says connecting and the connection never completes.

dyamraj
Jun 13, 2012, 03:35 PM
When I'm in a conversation, the text bubble sometimes doesn't show up on itself. I have to actually scroll down to see the text.

harbrown
Jun 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
Is anyone's facetime not working with an iPhone 4? Mine rings though but just says connecting and the connection never completes.

the iphone 4 facetime will not work on 3G so make sure you are on wifi

dyamraj
Jun 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
Xbox Live app crashes

utahman130
Jun 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
Single App Mode does not work, nor does Do Not Disturb mode on my 3GS

ezbie
Jun 13, 2012, 03:48 PM

I noticed the same this... It occurred on contacts who had not have standard labels for their email. If I edited the contact and changed the label to a standard one (home, work, other) they would no longer be grayed out and I could select them.

aDRock1154
Jun 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
Anyone else able to upload an image to dropbox? I've tried a few times, but it constantly tells me I need to enable location settings (eventhough they're on, yes dropbox too). I've even tried turning it off and back on, but to no avail.

ezbie
Jun 13, 2012, 03:55 PM
Using an iPad 3 (WiFi 64GB) with a Netgear DG834G modem router and cannot get the internet to work, it even connects to the network but Safari says "Safari could not open the page". Any suggestions?

I'm seeing that 3rd gen iPad will not connect to 2.4ghz but will connect to 5ghz. This is probably the issue.

mrapplegate
Jun 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
Anyone else able to upload an image to dropbox? I've tried a few times, but it constantly tells me I need to enable location settings (eventhough they're on, yes dropbox too). I've even tried turning it off and back on, but to no avail.
Uploads to dropbox on my 4S are working fine for me.

ezbie
Jun 13, 2012, 03:59 PM
Single App Mode does not work, nor does Do Not Disturb mode on my 3GS

Not positive but I don't believe either of these options are supposed to be available on the 3GS.

rpeterslll
Jun 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
the iphone 4 facetime will not work on 3G so make sure you are on wifi

I'm on wifi but it just says connecting. Does anyone else have this problem with FaceTime?

JesperA
Jun 13, 2012, 04:26 PM
Cant sync music or playlists in iOS 6 and iTunes 10.6.3, cant get new songs bought in iTunes music store over to the iPhone. It doesnt autodownload to the phone either.

iOSBetaNews
Jun 13, 2012, 05:07 PM
When I'm typing on my iPhone 4, the keyboard click sounds are slightly off (some letters I type don't click) another thing is iMessage doesn't Send without having cellular data on. Anyone else run into these problems?

mrapplegate
Jun 13, 2012, 05:10 PM
When I'm typing on my iPhone 4, the keyboard click sounds are slightly off (some letters I type don't click) another thing is iMessage doesn't Send without having cellular data on. Anyone else run into these problems?

Do you mean this? "Users may notice that the key clicking sounds are skipped during fast typing." If so it's noted in the release notes.

chrono1081
Jun 13, 2012, 05:13 PM

This.

I don't think most people on this thread are developers and have read the developer notes or else they'd know this isn't suitable for someones only device.

QuarterSwede
Jun 13, 2012, 05:14 PM
Not positive but I don't believe either of these options are supposed to be available on the 3GS.
Single App mode doesn't appear to work yet on my 4S. Triple clicking the home button does nothing.

This.

I don't think most people on this thread are developers and have read the developer notes or else they'd know this isn't suitable for someones only device.
I find it quite stable for a first beta actually. Every 3rd party app I've tried works just fine and only the apps Apple has revamped (Maps, App/iTunes Store, Music) have major issues. Even then, Navigation works surprisingly well.

Some of us like to discover the flaws for ourselves while playing around with it. There are those of us that understand the risks (of course, we don't complain when something goes awry either).

iBreatheApple
Jun 13, 2012, 05:29 PM
iOS 6 does NOT like when you try to use other apps while backgrounding media in other apps including safari and try to multitask. Open camera while while in songza, crash. Open safari while in songza, browse for a moment-- crash. Text while back grounding safari media, messages crashes. Etc., etc.

Edit: I just realized that all of this has been while AirPlay was activated. Don't know if it's the same while playing content via iPhones speakers.

briankeith513
Jun 13, 2012, 06:01 PM
For my wifi-only, Ipad 2, I noticed bugs with the auto-brightness, and the battery life if not as good as it was on 5.1.1. Also, I noticed that the updated My Xbox Live app crashes right after it is opened. I also notice that sometimes, Itunes asks me to log in again, and it doesn't have the podcasts option. And lastly, I notice that, in Hootsuite, it switches between, landscape and portrait mode randomly, and gets stuck in the wrong mode at times.

aDRock1154
Jun 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
Uploads to dropbox on my 4S are working fine for me.

It's working now lol I didn't realize I needed to go to photos and check Dropbox instead of just the general app itself. Smh.

dyamraj
Jun 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
When I was playing music, I went to go open the Xbox Live app and it made the music stop and crash. Xbox Live crashes also and a black screen appeared. So many annoying bugs.

---------------------------------
iPhone 4S iOS 6 beta 1

QuarterSwede
Jun 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
iOS 6 does NOT like when you try to use other apps while backgrounding media in other apps including safari and try to multitask. Open camera while while in songza, crash. Open safari while in songza, browse for a moment-- crash. Text while back grounding safari media, messages crashes. Etc., etc.

Edit: I just realized that all of this has been while AirPlay was activated. Don't know if it's the same while playing content via iPhones speakers.
I think that was the AirPlay as I've been playing music/podcasts in the background without issue. Heck, even iTunes Store previews background fine.

briankeith513
Jun 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
Xbox Live app crashes

Yep, I noticed that.

----------

When I install apps, most of the time, it doesn't ask for my password. It just installs.

*Calypso*
Jun 13, 2012, 08:09 PM
Anyone else receiving screwed up (kind of pixelated) pictures from Facebook for their contacts when using the "Update Contacts" option in Settings > Facebook ? Works fine via the normal Contacts synchronisation.

Also, the "facebook" field in Contacts doesn't shows umlauts (ń, ÷, Ř) and other special characters (e.g. Ú) correct. And isn't a tap on this field supposed to open the Facebook App instead of m.facebook.com/... in Safari? Similar problem with the "instant messenger" field which is unable to open Facebook Messenger when tapped. Probably requires updates of the respective Apps first.

conshok26
Jun 13, 2012, 08:14 PM
I can get video to stream but no audio. Anyone else?

EDIT: English broadcast don't stream the get stuck on buffering....Spanish seems to play fine....Hmmm

digitalfx
Jun 13, 2012, 08:48 PM
My screen brightness randomly changes from my setting to full bright or full dim without me touching settings.

QuarterSwede
Jun 13, 2012, 09:02 PM
My screen brightness randomly changes from my setting to full bright or full dim without me touching settings.

I thought they'd finally made it react faster. That's the way the original iPhone worked. Mine changes really quickly in iOS 6.

007bond
Jun 13, 2012, 09:48 PM
I have another thread about this, but I'll go ahead and post it here as well. If you have an iPhone 4 with 3g turned off on iOS5, make sure not to update to iOS 6 without turning 3g back on. Otherwise, 3g data will be completely disabled.

phill361
Jun 13, 2012, 09:56 PM
iPhone 4 (AT&T)

Like others, I'm having the auto-brightness issue.

Also, emoji crashes whichever app I try to use it in. (text/notes)

*Calypso*
Jun 13, 2012, 10:16 PM
I thought they'd finally made it react faster. That's the way the original iPhone worked. Mine changes really quickly in iOS 6.

For me the screen brightness bar in Settings is changing randomly. However, when I turn on Auto-Brightness and block the sensor, there is no auto-adjustment like in previous iOS versions. They definitely screwed up that feature somehow.

wayneholbrook
Jun 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
3rd gen iPad. After loading iOS 6, I can't go into mail. Every time I do, it crashes. Anyone else?

My wife's 3 gen iPad iOS 6 works fine in mail.

jredecop
Jun 13, 2012, 10:47 PM
AirPrint is broken. On both iPad 3 and iPhone 4S. Both can't find my HP d110 printer after iOS 6 update.

Gjwilly
Jun 13, 2012, 11:31 PM
iPhone 4 (AT&T)

I can go into the Facetime settings just fine without crashing.

Find Friends, however, crashes every time I try to bring up a map of the person's location.

Keyboard is very slow to respond.

iTunes take about 5 seconds to actually start playing a song.

DND keeps turning itself off.

Mohammad Aliff
Jun 14, 2012, 12:58 AM
Using iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 GSM................
Can't find the toggle for 3G, and the App Store is having some kind of split personality........... XD

saggyhaggis
Jun 14, 2012, 01:39 AM
On the 3GS things are surprisingly stable.

I get the odd crash on safari, passbook doesn't load past a splash screen and turn by turn navigation works but doesn't have the directions voiceover.

alleggerita
Jun 14, 2012, 01:57 AM
Installed it on my factory unlocked GSM iPhone 4 and it's very stable. Loving every new feature but lamenting the fact that I cannot get turn-by-turn and flyover. I haven't discover any bugs yet. I usually don't use auto brightness so I dunno if mine is buggy or not. Did a geekbench benchmark test and achieved 391 highest score which is on par with iOS 5.0.1. That's rather amazing for the first beta of iOS 6. My iPhone 4 is my own personal phone and thus I think it is pretty stable to use iOS 6 beta 1 on a daily basis.

----------

Oh, and I think safari is faster. Or maybe it's just a misperception. Haha

----------

Using iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 GSM................
Can't find the toggle for 3G, and the App Store is having some kind of split personality........... XD

They took away the "3G" toggle. Now it's just "mobile data". Just like the iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 initially. And did you like download the wrong ipsw? Hahaha.

alleggerita
Jun 14, 2012, 04:18 AM
Did a Sunspider benchmark on Safari and it is indeed faster. iPhone 4 on iOS 5 typically achieved a score of ~3500. I saw 3057 on mine even when I'm on 3G. That's a ~14% improvement.

vincebio
Jun 14, 2012, 04:35 AM
anyone having Wifi issues?

My iPad 2 is completely installed and working perfectly except im getting no data from my Wifi.

My network is picked as normal, accepts the password as normal and even has all the router details listed as normal...

But no data is coming thru...

tried installing iOS6 3 times now from different downloaded ispw.....exactly the same result.

anyone else?

B777Forevar
Jun 14, 2012, 06:50 AM
Does Passbook work for anyone?

dspalton
Jun 14, 2012, 06:54 AM
Does Passbook work for anyone?

not until developers update their apps

dave

dweezle3
Jun 14, 2012, 07:02 AM
Every now and then when deleting an app, the "are you sure you want to delete this?" dialogue will appear in landscape mode rather than portrait.

chrf097
Jun 14, 2012, 07:08 AM
If you have Siri enabled for use at the lockscreen & you also have a password, If you try to unlock it afterwards, you cannot type any characters. You have to reboot the phone.

iBreatheApple
Jun 14, 2012, 07:12 AM
Every now and then when deleting an app, the "are you sure you want to delete this?" dialogue will appear in landscape mode rather than portrait.

My spotlight keyboard keeps showing up in landscape. :confused:

Not only is my phone not in landscape but I don't think spotlight has ever even had that functionality. Weird...

Redpaul
Jun 14, 2012, 07:29 AM
Using a 4S in the UK.
Not sure if it's a bug or a setting I haven't found yet but when listening to music the control on the earphones no longer pauses the track or skips tracks by double clicking. The volume works fine. I asked Siri to skip the track and she said I wasn't using the music app!

Paul

----------

Oh, and battery life is atrocious!

Paul

sammich
Jun 14, 2012, 07:36 AM
When viewing a world clock on full screen: changing the orientation crashes the app.

Not bug, but not helpful: when tapping on a world clock to make it full screen, the details fade away leaving only the clock itself, not even a name of the city. Which isn't helpful. Tapping the screen once will keep the details there until exiting.

MooneyFlyer
Jun 14, 2012, 07:38 AM
iPhone 4S, AT&T - restored from 5.1.1 backup.

Surprisingly stable with a few small issues and one question.

Brightness - started off fully dim and has been fine since reset
Had some syncing issues initially but they seem to have worked themselves out (had to remove google translate since it seemed to be stuck)
This morning plugged into iTunes and got a message saying something like "Unable to sync because the service has not been started" (or similar - I dismissed it too fast). Ejected, restarted and it worked

Question: Did the behavior of the Phone app change? It seems like the timer starts when the other party answers now instead of when the phone connects and starts ringing (5.1.1 I believe). Slight difference but I don't have a 5.1.1 device handy to confirm.

I did have some funky behavior with a call last night through MCell but I don't know if that was the phone or MCell.

Battery life seems about the same as 5.1.1. Left it overnight and looked to be about the same this morning (I refuse to use the %). Did some iMessaging last night which did eat some batt.

MarvellousMarv
Jun 14, 2012, 07:39 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the do not disturb feature? I've set it to "on" and to only allow calls from people in my favourites list but I'm still receiving calls and texts from people who aren't.

I have an iPhone 4.

diamond.g
Jun 14, 2012, 07:48 AM
anyone having Wifi issues?

My iPad 2 is completely installed and working perfectly except im getting no data from my Wifi.

My network is picked as normal, accepts the password as normal and even has all the router details listed as normal...

But no data is coming thru...

tried installing iOS6 3 times now from different downloaded ispw.....exactly the same result.

anyone else?What kind of router are you using?

MacAdellik
Jun 14, 2012, 08:25 AM
Keyboard: Sounds don't follow speed of typing.

Sounds: Lock sounds have changed, dulled out sounding.

Pictures: Unable to send pictures directly from photo app using new shortcuts.

Twitter: When posting tweets from the notification menu, tweets show up as "Posted from Safari for iOS" on twitter.

Text Switching: When in a message, when you a receive another message and tap the banner, the phone shows no distinguishable sign of switching conversations... It just appears.

Battery Life: Seems to be spotty

Apps: I expect none of them to work considering no one has updated their apps to work with iOS 6 yet so why even try.

Other then that, I did a clean install on mine and didn't try to do an iCLoud restore from prev backup. If some of you are having problems, wipe the phone and do a clean install.

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

*Calypso*
Jun 14, 2012, 08:48 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the do not disturb feature? I've set it to "on" and to only allow calls from people in my favourites list but I'm still receiving calls and texts from people who aren't.

DND only works when the phone is locked.

jflash07
Jun 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hello all, I'm a bit new to the forum, but I got my hands on the iOS6 beta and here are my observations:

1. iTunes match option to toggle on or off disappeared this morning from both the "Music" and "iTunes..." in settings... then mysteriously reappeared later.

2. I'm 100% having the same issues with brightness, it has a mind of it's own.

3. Sometimes when I exit apps, the music/sound will still play in the background even when I'm at the home screen. I have to manually close the program at the bottom to kill the program.

4. Passbook obviously is non-operable but this is expected.

5. iCloud syncing gave me issues and kept asking for my password and kept rejecting it... had to reset my Apple ID password to fix the issue.

6. Songs sometimes aren't playing when I press play. Takes a second press.

7. Overall, some functions are lagged.

8. App store and iTunes store (new format) are a bit slow and lagged too. (Love the new layout tho!)

9. Whatsapp notifications are not appearing until I open the program.

10. General refinements are needed (and I'm sure they will come) in regards to animations (some are not smooth) and to some of the actual applications such as the phone dialer... looks a bit rough.

:apple:

MarvellousMarv
Jun 14, 2012, 09:09 AM

You're right! thank you so much ;)

jflash07
Jun 14, 2012, 09:13 AM
You're right! thank you so much ;)

Do you think this is intentional?

FlatlinerG
Jun 14, 2012, 09:16 AM
Do you think this is intentional?

I would think so. No real need for a do not disturb if you're actually using the device. It's more so geared toward alerts when in a meeting or sleeping.

paul117
Jun 14, 2012, 09:33 AM
i have experenced 3 bugs on my iphone 4s 2 of which has fixed its self

1. i couldnt change the ringer volume using the volume buttons (fixed its self up)
2. i cant backup to iCloud... keeps asking for my password.
3. when i had a sim card in my phone it was getting 0 bars of 3g (telstra Australia) fixed its self by removing the simcard and putting it back in.

*Calypso*
Jun 14, 2012, 09:37 AM
1. Some people did report that they are constantly asked for their Apple ID password. Funny enough, I have only been asked once so far. In iOS 5, I had to enter it again after a short while when installing/updating Apps. Seems to be a little inconsistent.

2. Not really a bug, but the options for posting on Facebook out of iOS should be a little more sophisticated, for instance you can only choose predefined groups as audience, but not custom settings (like Friends, except for *Group of people I don't want to see this*), as you can in the App.

3. I just took a photo and reviewed it by swiping the Camera App to the right (which is a cool feature I think hasn't been there in iOS 5), but it only showed me a very pixelated version of the photo. Even swiping further back and forth wouldn't change that. Also, it would be nice to be able to share right out of the Camera App.

MooneyFlyer
Jun 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
1. Some people did report that they are constantly asked for their Apple ID password. Funny enough, I have only been asked once so far. In iOS 5, I had to enter it again after a short while when installing/updating Apps. Seems to be a little inconsistent.

I had this problem as well. I went to iCloud settings and cleared my password and entered it again there and the problem went away.

Is anyone having call quality issues? I've had a few calls morph into echoed disasters. Since it was cell-to-cell it's hard to know which end of the phone the problem is on. I'm on an M-Cell as well to further complicate things...

8a22a
Jun 14, 2012, 11:07 AM

Me too and it keeps logging me out.

I have the wrong iTunes as well and it won't let me purchase anything.

Both are fine on my iPad.

buandaki
Jun 14, 2012, 11:50 AM
iPad 3:

AP news app shows "null" for all articles
Kindle app crashes when trying to open a book
App store incredibly slow, with random crashes

danb77
Jun 14, 2012, 11:51 AM
App store is also slow in iOS 5 at the momentů.

cMac24
Jun 14, 2012, 12:02 PM
Anyone notice photo stream has disappeared in the photo app?

superstarmc
Jun 14, 2012, 12:26 PM
Where are you all getting this download from?

Futhark
Jun 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
Where are you all getting this download from?

What download?

mrapplegate
Jun 14, 2012, 12:44 PM

It's there. Three buttons on the bottom , Albums, Photo Stream and Places.

MooneyFlyer
Jun 14, 2012, 12:47 PM
It's there. Three buttons on the bottom , Albums, Photo Stream and Places.

I have Events as well (between PS and Places)

mrapplegate
Jun 14, 2012, 12:48 PM
I have Events as well (between PS and Places)

Makes sense. I don't have any events I guess.

Futhark
Jun 14, 2012, 01:00 PM
I'm having problems creating a reminder using Siri. I tell it to remind me ..... When I arrive home. It then replies when would you like to be reminded? Again I say when I arrive home. It then says I can remind you when you arrive at home, the gym etc !

mattdo93
Jun 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
Not sure if this is a bug but I consider it to be a flaw: With the new look of the Music app and the sliding bar/knob, the one on the lock screen should have the same theme to maintain consistency.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/mattdo93/6d56583f.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/mattdo93/5b482e02.jpg

8a22a
Jun 14, 2012, 01:24 PM

Mine didn't appear straight away. Make sure photo stream is turned on and/or try creating a shared photo stream and it should appear.

MacDevil7334
Jun 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
Not sure if this is a bug but I consider it to be a flaw: With the new look of the Music app and the sliding bar/knob, the one on the lock screen should have the same theme to maintain consistency.

UI consistancy is not iOS 6's strong suit...

iBreatheApple
Jun 14, 2012, 01:25 PM

Image (http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/mattdo93/6d56583f.jpg)

Image (http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/mattdo93/5b482e02.jpg)

Thief! The purples are different shades in the official artwork. :p

8a22a
Jun 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
I would think so. No real need for a do not disturb if you're actually using the device. It's more so geared toward alerts when in a meeting or sleeping.

Would be handy if you're watching a tv episode or a movie.

superstarmc
Jun 14, 2012, 01:39 PM
what download?

ios 6 beta 1

mrapplegate
Jun 14, 2012, 01:42 PM
ios 6 beta 1

Legally iOS 6 can only be downloaded from Apple.
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

parisi2274
Jun 14, 2012, 01:55 PM

+1 on this!

It was pretty stable the first night I used it, but ever since it has been unusable.

Also, I noticed in one of the earlier posts, there is an issue with the 3rd gen iPad wifi version. I had this issue happen first hand. When I updated to iOS6, and then selected my wifi, it said that the network was not supplying internet connectivity.

I also noticed that some of my current apps, when I try to load crash instantly. The worst of the bunch is the "My Xbox Live" app. The second I launch it, it quits.

Futhark
Jun 14, 2012, 02:09 PM
I'm having problems creating a reminder using Siri. I tell it to remind me ..... When I arrive home. It then replies when would you like to be reminded? Again I say when I arrive home. It then says I can remind you when you arrive at home, the gym etc !

Can someone attempt this and see if it works as I can't get it no matter what I say :-(

parisi2274
Jun 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
Can someone attempt this and see if it works as I can't get it no matter what I say :-(

Works for me! I just asked Siri to remind to get milk when i get home, and it showed me the reminder with the location arrow that says "my home" and then Siri asked if I wanted her to create it, and I said yes, and she did.

Futhark
Jun 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Works for me! I just asked Siri to remind to get milk when i get home, and it showed me the reminder with the location arrow that says "my home" and then Siri asked if I wanted her to create it, and I said yes, and she did.

Ah no way !!! Lol I'll try again :D

Tried again and can create a reminder for work but not home?

http://img.tapatalk.com/6d94e8b8-3a6e-e355.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/6d94e8b8-3a7b-5dbc.jpg

parisi2274
Jun 14, 2012, 02:25 PM
Ah no way !!! Lol I'll try again :D

Tried again and can create a reminder for work but not home?

Does your phone know where your home is? I would assume that if you have your work address, it will know when you get there, but maybe if your home address is not there, it won't know how to create it, since it won't know when you get there.

Futhark
Jun 14, 2012, 02:33 PM
Does your phone know where your home is? I would assume that if you have your work address, it will know when you get there, but maybe if your home address is not there, it won't know how to create it, since it won't know when you get there.

I noticed my home address was saved different to my work address so I deleted it and added it again and now they are exactly the same layout but Siri won't work for home !!! Very Strange.

Slightly off topic but something I find annoying. Since I deleted my home address and recreated it now work is listed first then home. This happens with telephone numbers too can they not be reordered into an order I like?

Defender2010
Jun 14, 2012, 02:38 PM
Keyboard: Sounds don't follow speed of typing.

Sounds: Lock sounds have changed, dulled out sounding.

Pictures: Unable to send pictures directly from photo app using new shortcuts.

Twitter: When posting tweets from the notification menu, tweets show up as "Posted from Safari for iOS" on twitter.

Text Switching: When in a message, when you a receive another message and tap the banner, the phone shows no distinguishable sign of switching conversations... It just appears.

Battery Life: Seems to be spotty

Apps: I expect none of them to work considering no one has updated their apps to work with iOS 6 yet so why even try.

Other then that, I did a clean install on mine and didn't try to do an iCLoud restore from prev backup. If some of you are having problems, wipe the phone and do a clean install.

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

All my apps on iPhone and iPad work fine...no issues with over 250 combined on both devices

5t3f4n
Jun 14, 2012, 03:18 PM
Has anyone gotten Address book sync over iCloud to work?
I can't update from within the app, by manually syncing to iCloud or by syncing from iTunes.

MooneyFlyer
Jun 14, 2012, 03:55 PM
Has anyone gotten Address book sync over iCloud to work?
I can't update from within the app, by manually syncing to iCloud or by syncing from iTunes.

yes, this seems to be working for me. I made a change to a contact on iPhone and it was fairly immediately available in Address Book. I made a change the other way and I had to force the sync on the iphone by changing something different -- and then my second change showed up. I could have probably waited it out but I didn't feel like it.

this is iCloud-based for me. Let me know if I've misunderstood you.

vincebio
Jun 14, 2012, 05:54 PM
What kind of router are you using?

It cant be the router...Its working flawlessly on iOS5 and ever other OS since. The router is perfect...constantly giving me between 16 and 18meg on most devices in the home.

Its only iOS6 thats not working at all on the iPad..

very weird....

anyone else getting this issue?

5t3f4n
Jun 14, 2012, 06:10 PM
yes, this seems to be working for me. I made a change to a contact on iPhone and it was fairly immediately available in Address Book. I made a change the other way and I had to force the sync on the iphone by changing something different -- and then my second change showed up. I could have probably waited it out but I didn't feel like it.

this is iCloud-based for me. Let me know if I've misunderstood you.

Yes that is exactly what I meant.
I tried syncing with Address book on my Mac instead but all I got was a new, empty group in Address book on my iPhone that I can't get rid of now.
Edit: A restore fixed the iCloud syncing issue, but the empty group remains and I'm now unable to sync music over from iTunes.
Edit2: A restore from an older iTunes backup restored the musc, and iCloud seems to work too.
So all is well except for a few dozen texts that got lost between then and now.

iBreatheApple
Jun 14, 2012, 09:00 PM
This is a good one. When in the camera app and previewing a video you just took, pressing either volume button to change the volume of your preview swipes the screen down and takes you back to the camera.

Also, the stupid emojis keep starting on the last screen! So annoying.:p

jame.browe22
Jun 14, 2012, 10:07 PM

I can't update the apps

dspalton
Jun 14, 2012, 10:11 PM
I can't update the apps

Did that for me and eventually asked the user and pass info.
I don't think iTunes is saving them at all

Dave

ctiaco
Jun 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
There's allot of things wrong with ios6 the multinational keyboard doesn't work and the phone freezes when going to one app to another. But there are allot of great improvements the camera quality has improved dramatically it pictures do come out clearer and the screen does show better detail. I would assume the programing they did for the retna display is making an impact on all the iPhone 4.

QuarterSwede
Jun 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
Oooooohhhh. That explains it ... and that's exactly how I want it to work! Excellent.

All my apps on iPhone and iPad work fine...no issues with over 250 combined on both devices
The new Dropbox update crashes immediately upon launch. Sucks because it worked fine before.

But I'll admit, almost all my 150+ apps work fine.

Geekbabe
Jun 15, 2012, 12:09 AM
Up & running on wifi iPad 3, so far, so good. Wifi is working, Siri is working, music & mail.

StefSSU
Jun 15, 2012, 01:25 AM
Here's a funny one. Using an iPhone 3GS. Firstly, I am also experiencing issues with Maps, especially regarding searching. Attempting to type within the search field crashes the app with 100% consistency. This issue occurs only after restoring from an iCloud backup - with a new setup Maps performs much better.

More interestingly, if I use Maps in the landscape orientation, and then proceed to attempt to type within the search field thus crashing the app, when I navigate to Spotlight on the Home Screen it pulls up the landscape keyboard.

http://cl.ly/3f341I3u3g1M0P0K040W/photo.png

8a22a
Jun 15, 2012, 02:08 AM
I can't update the apps

I can still update apps even though I have the wrong appstore.

I seem to be able to download free apps but I can't buy any paid apps.

ErikGrim
Jun 15, 2012, 02:34 AM

:rolleyes:

Every app save from my local bank's app and Mixcloud streaming works great for me. I don't have any of the other bugs reported (map search works fine, no crashing). I've never used auto-brightness (battery killer) so I can't comment on that.

All in all the most stable beta iOS release I've had the pleasure to test. Completely unexpected this early in the game.

----------

Well, not completely true. Maps don't seem to speak metric or left hand side drive. But that's beta for you.

----------

This is actually excellent. I was worried about DND kicking in while I was using it on the weekend when I'd normally be sleeping. Looks like I won't need to manually turn it off now.

5t3f4n
Jun 15, 2012, 02:41 AM
The new Dropbox update crashes immediately upon launch. Sucks because it worked fine before.

Dropbox still works for me after the update.
I tapped Cancel upon the Camera Upload introduction.
Could the crashing perhaps be related to that?
Try re-installing and cancelling that.

kiwiboi87
Jun 15, 2012, 02:50 AM
can't get into FaceTime settings on a iPhone 4

alleggerita
Jun 15, 2012, 03:55 AM
Just checked my auto brightness and it is indeed glitchy. Am still amazed by the increased speed in Safari on my iPhone 4. It is now on par with some of the dual-core Android phones when the iPhone 4 is only single-core!

kiwiboi87
Jun 15, 2012, 03:58 AM
photo import via Facebook doesn't work well,
all the photos iv gotten don't show up right

BillyBobBongo
Jun 15, 2012, 04:36 AM
I'm unable to access my regional store.

I have two accounts, one in the UK and one in NL, when I switch accounts I get moved to the US store and can never get back. I remain logged in with the correct account, but only ever see the US store and therefore can't buy anything.

diamond.g
Jun 15, 2012, 05:20 AM
It cant be the router...Its working flawlessly on iOS5 and ever other OS since. The router is perfect...constantly giving me between 16 and 18meg on most devices in the home.

Its only iOS6 thats not working at all on the iPad..

very weird....

anyone else getting this issue?

I have done some searching it appears there is a QoS setting that iOS 6 is sensitive to. Some folks have found turning on WMM mode fixes their problem.

cheeseplane
Jun 15, 2012, 05:20 AM
I'm unable to access my regional store.

I have two accounts, one in the UK and one in NL, when I switch accounts I get moved to the US store and can never get back. I remain logged in with the correct account, but only ever see the US store and therefore can't buy anything.
Same problem here.