Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reinhard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
DND is coming in iOS6. As i had hoped, you can set a schedule when the iPhone goes into DND mode (confirmed by rever3nce in https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1384558/).

However, ...

Wouldn't it be a better approach to make the Scheduler the main feature and DND just one of the many things it can schedule ?

other things it could schedule?
+ Bluetooth on/off
+ Flightmode on/off
+ WIFI on/off
+ Location services on/off
+ Vibrate on/off
+ switch Sounds

you get the idea....

And in addition to actions being triggered by time, you would also allow other triggers such as Location, WIFI, ...

Reinhard

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
I think HTC has this.... Your turn the phone over and it puts do not disturb mode on, turn it around and it activates the 'normal' profile. Gyroscope sensitve?

AtomicEdge

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2009
I think HTC has this.... Your turn the phone over and it puts do not disturb mode on, turn it around and it activates the 'normal' profile. Gyroscope sensitve?

Haha, this kinda makes me laugh though. You put it face down, and the screen doesn't light up for alerts? It's like someone trying to look inside the fridge with the light off!

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
It would be so awesome to have WiFi enabled and then disabled by location. Have it enable as you get home or arrive at the office, then off while you're travelling etc..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.