PDA

View Full Version : So I received an SMS on my iPad

tonyunreal
Jun 12, 2012, 05:40 AM
No kidding, I was checking out Siri on my new iPad with iOS 6 beta installed, suddenly this text message from my carrier just pop up from nowhere.

I assume it's an SMS because they send these data reminder messages to phones and 3g dongle users all the time, but I was never able to read them on my iPad since it doesn't support SMS without a jailbreak. Now it does, weird.

BTW the pop up looks like an old iOS notification, and when I clicked OK it's completely gone, not in notification center, nothing in the Messages app. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Or it's me having delusions. THX.

MonkeySee....
Jun 12, 2012, 05:54 AM
looks like you have your email address registered with them? iMessage?

MadMitch89
Jun 12, 2012, 05:59 AM
Was it a carrier update?

tonyunreal
Jun 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
Update: I got a screenshot!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/tonyunreal/ipadsms.jpg

Sorry for the moonspeak, I translated them as follows:

Message from: China Unicom(my carrier)

Dear customer: you use up 0.13MB of data in this session, so far this month you have used 501.24MB, this session cost you an additional fee of 0.00CNY outside of your usual data plan, your account balance is now 102.12CNY.

macfanboy
Jun 12, 2012, 10:11 PM
It looks like its just a message that your carrier sends whenever you reach a certain point of data usage in a billing period. Since you the iPad with cell data capabilities, this isn't out of the norm

GeorgieAcevedo
Jun 12, 2012, 10:19 PM
The home screen looks cool with the names under the app in that language :D looks like art