PDA

View Full Version : Hate the new iOS 6 look?

EarthNeutron
Jun 12, 2012, 06:53 AM
I personally hate the blue tint. The **** is wrong with you apple? And the silver in the music app looks like ****.

Andy-V
Jun 12, 2012, 06:58 AM
I seriously think they should bring the app store look across the entire phone.

itsmemuffins
Jun 12, 2012, 07:09 AM
They really messed this one up :(

It's like someone puked it out :o

HCR93
Jun 12, 2012, 07:10 AM
I don't mind most of the colours individually, but as a whole it just lacks any sense of consistency I expect from Apple, and kinda bugs my OCD! There seems no reason some apps are one colour and some another. And why does the status bar sometimes go blue? The most ugly part IMO is the new dialer though, which looks like something from HTC Sense...

Phil A.
Jun 12, 2012, 07:11 AM
It's a first beta release - of course there are going to be inconsistencies in the UI as not everything will have been updated yet!

Wild-Bill
Jun 12, 2012, 07:11 AM
Hideous comes to mind. Totally lack of QC happening over there.

So, yes OP: I hate it.

HCR93
Jun 12, 2012, 07:22 AM
It's a first beta release - of course there are going to be inconsistencies in the UI as not everything will have been updated yet!

I would understand that if they were moving towards one look and only some things have been updated to reflect that, but it seems it's pulling in multiple directions. I guess they could be trying different things, but just seems there's no 'unified vision' from what I've seen. I hope (it probably will be) sorted by October :D:rolleyes:

Technarchy
Jun 12, 2012, 07:23 AM
Hideous comes to mind. Totally lack of QC happening over there.

So, yes OP: I hate it.

I didn't realize "BETA" had a final QC check.

Wild-Bill
Jun 12, 2012, 07:26 AM
I didn't realize "BETA" had a final QC check.

I didn't realize "BETA" meant disregard the most basic tenants of user interface design.

BHP41
Jun 12, 2012, 08:16 AM
I didn't realize "BETA" meant disregard the most basic tenants of user interface design.

Guessing you've never used ANY Google product

gadget123
Jun 12, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hate?

It's hardly any different.

:rolleyes:

OneMike
Jun 12, 2012, 08:18 AM
it's a first beta. doesn't bother me either way though

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hate?

It's hardly any different.

:rolleyes:

lol my thoughts exactly.... Whats there to hate? Other than the dock and page dots it looks exactly like iOS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

JoeyiPodT4G
Jun 15, 2012, 06:34 PM
It's awful the music app looks like crap and the new app seems pointless and why get rid of google maps. Im staying with ios 5.1.1 until iOS 6.1 or 6.0.1 comes out.

212rikanmofo
Jun 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
I hate the new dialer, it looks cheap and ugly. Bring back the original black one please.

I also don't like the new appstore look, looks dark and dirty and not as clean and simplistic as iOS 5.

I do love the new music player interface with the metal button, looks clean.

Technarchy
Jun 15, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'll reserve judgement till a final is rolled out on the next iPhone.

kiwiboi87
Jun 15, 2012, 07:11 PM
some of the updated looks are nice,
others need some work.

i think once we get closer to GM, all of the UIs will fall into place.

I'm half and half

app store, and music app are nice

iPhoneApple
Jun 15, 2012, 09:49 PM
I want option to customize color of phone. A dark and light option would be ideal options.

APlotdevice
Jun 16, 2012, 03:37 AM
The only visual change I don't care for is the color adaptive status bar. I fear this will make the red "call" and blue "hotspot" status reminders "blend in" in some cases.

Rogifan
Jun 16, 2012, 03:55 AM
Why do people keep throwing around "beta"? I dont think the inconsistency in the UI design is a "bug" that needs to be fixed. And I highly doubt between now and the phone's release we're going to see major changes to iOS's UI look and feel.

superstrikertwo
Jun 16, 2012, 12:03 PM

Beta means in development still. That means the UI isn't complete yet. Which means the "basic tenants of user interface design" haven't been fully implemented.

Calidude
Jun 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
WP7 and Android ICS: Cohesive design throughout the OS = Stupid, boring, lame.
Apple iOS6: Design varies from App to App, not consistent at all = Brilliant, innovative, trendsetter!

You guys crack me up.

WordMasterRice
Jun 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
Beta means in development still. That means the UI isn't complete yet. Which means the "basic tenants of user interface design" haven't been fully implemented.

Beta means design has completed and they are looking for bugs to fix, Which means the "basic tenants of user interface design" have been thrown out.

LIVEFRMNYC
Jun 16, 2012, 01:13 PM
Where's the "anything looks better than Android" poll option?

mnemonix
Jun 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
Apple iOS6: Design varies from App to App, not consistent at all = Brilliant, innovative, trendsetter!

You guys crack me up.

Are you being paid to crap on literally every thread on this forum? Seriously man, every one I open, there you are with another inane, negative comment. From what I've read you now use an Android phone now anyway? Get a life.

Parise
Jun 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
Can we get another option that says "What new look?"

Calidude
Jun 16, 2012, 01:33 PM
Are you being paid to crap on literally every thread on this forum? Seriously man, every one I open, there you are with another inane, negative comment. From what I've read you now use an Android phone now anyway? Get a life.
Love how you can't argue against what I actually said and instead just call for me to leave. Typical. I'll leave when I please.

----------

Yeah seriously.

mnemonix
Jun 16, 2012, 01:38 PM
Love how you can't argue against what I actually said and instead just call for me to leave. Typical. I'll leave when I please

What in that unattributed stream of negative nonsense could anyone find to argue with? I described it as inane for a reason.

Tmelon
Jun 16, 2012, 01:55 PM

You guys crack me up.

Android with a cohesive design?

You're joking right?

Calidude
Jun 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
What in that unattributed stream of negative nonsense could anyone find to argue with? I described it as inane for a reason.
It made plenty of sense. You just don't want to acknowledge that it did, for some odd reason.

bndoarn
Jun 16, 2012, 02:52 PM
When I saw all of the screenshots showing how the status bar changes colors, I hated it. After I got iOS 6 onto my device though, it actually wasn't that bad. However, I still don't like the Songs/Artist/Albums/etc. list in the music app. I think the Now Playing screen is much better though.

lordofthereef
Jun 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
These changes are so minor (probably the most minor change of the physical look of things in a while) that I just can't get myself to form an opinion either way. I suppose that means I am indifferent.

Vundu
Jun 16, 2012, 03:21 PM
Not sure about the silver music player but love the blue tint.

Drew017
Jun 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
I've always liked the silver look on the iPad... I'd love to see it come to the iPhone/ iPod

Hastings101
Jun 16, 2012, 05:36 PM
I like the App Store and the changes to the "Now Playing" screen in the Music app but I hate the white/silver theme of the rest of Music.

danielceleste
Jun 16, 2012, 11:56 PM
I like everything except for the status bar changes. Put them back to their original colors. Like now.

Fraaaa
Jun 17, 2012, 03:24 PM
Screenshot comparison please?

Futhark
Jun 17, 2012, 03:26 PM
I'm colour blind :D

mazz0
Jun 17, 2012, 04:08 PM
I want option to customize color of phone. A dark and light option would be ideal options.

Yeah, that would be good for the two coloured devices.

The only visual change I don't care for is the color adaptive status bar. I fear this will make the red "call" and blue "hotspot" status reminders "blend in" in some cases.

Agreed.

You guys crack me up.

But that's not what people are saying - they're criticising Apple and the new look. They're demonstratably not guilty of the hypocrisy and fanboyism you're accusing them of (at least on this occasion).

Yeah, I'm mostly with you on that one. I can see the new coloured status bars (which I don't like), the new dialler (don't like, but didn't like the old one!), new Music app (not sure which I prefer) and new App Store (do like, definitely!), but I don't see this new blue tint, or page dots. Think I see the difference in the dock - is it see through?

Need some spot the difference pics!