Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I guess out of all of yesterday's announcements, the ones that interested me most were those related to iCloud and integration with ML and IOS 6. I am confused though - in the keynote they demonstrated ML Preview and it showed how you could put a PDF file in iCloud. But what do you use in IOS 6 to view that iCloud PDF file? Also, I haven't heard anything about integration of iCloud in ML Finder. Will I be able to access my iCloud files in Finder? I typically use Finder to launch Pages and Numbers as well as Preview. Hope someone has some answers to these two questions.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
I guess out of all of yesterday's announcements, the ones that interested me most were those related to iCloud and integration with ML and IOS 6. I am confused though - in the keynote they demonstrated ML Preview and it showed how you could put a PDF file in iCloud. But what do you use in IOS 6 to view that iCloud PDF file? Also, I haven't heard anything about integration of iCloud in ML Finder. Will I be able to access my iCloud files in Finder? I typically use Finder to launch Pages and Numbers as well as Preview. Hope someone has some answers to these two questions.

iBooks and no.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Thanks. I had completely forgotten about iBooks. I use Readdle to read pdf's now. Too bad about no Finder integration. I guess this is part of Apple wanting us to think apps and not files.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I don't know that it is confirmed, but obviously if Apple is putting iCloud functionality in Preview, there has to be an IOS app that lets you view the files. iBooks is the only Apple app that lets you read PDF files.

Ts1121

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
I don't know that it is confirmed, but obviously if Apple is putting iCloud functionality in Preview, there has to be an IOS app that lets you view the files. iBooks is the only Apple app that lets you read PDF files.

True enough, though they'd have to seriously improve the functionality of PDF manipulation in iBooks for it to work.

My fear is that there'll be some features that are only for OSX-OSX, with iOS left behind (in the same way that OSX was left behind for a while with iWork docs)

wsw1217

macrumors member
May 21, 2012

Then I mades a point to have iBook App on Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.