PDA

View Full Version : iOS 6 Themes

VSMacOne
Jun 12, 2012, 08:31 AM
Let me get something out of the way first: it's a BETA. We're not supposed to have access to it for anything more than TESTING the OS and apps. I can't believe people have already written iOS 6 off before it's even launched, but then again it's the same stuff as last year with iOS5.

That being said, it's actually interesting that they have different "skins" for all these different stock apps. It seems like they're each very well built and integrated with the status bar at the top. Is anybody else thinking this is Apple's way of testing iOS Themes? I mean, it makes sense if you think about it... These can easily be applied system wide if they built a Theme section in the App Store. It's very unlike Apple to have such differing looks for their stock apps, IMO so it makes me think there's more to it than just sloppiness. Will we see a Theme store in the fall release?
What do you guys think?

VSMacOne
Jun 12, 2012, 09:23 AM
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is interesting :) moving along... :D

Dwalls90
Jun 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
You could be on to something, but Apple has never offered user UI theme customization. It goes against their controlled environment experience.

I am more along the lines of thinking that maybe they are still refining a new unified theme which will bear more of a presence in the GM of iOS 6. Maybe that silver unified theme!

Auzburner
Jun 12, 2012, 09:35 AM
You could be on to something, but Apple has never offered user UI theme customization. It goes against their controlled environment experience.

I am more along the lines of thinking that maybe they are still refining a new unified theme which will bear more of a presence in the GM of iOS 6. Maybe that silver unified theme!

Agreed, I think we will see a new UI. But I'd guess there will not be the option to change those things around.

VSMacOne
Jun 12, 2012, 10:08 AM
Looking at the Settings.app I can tell they've done some subtle work so I don't think they're going to do much more with it, unless of course they unify the whole look of iOS with something more in line with the Maps.app UI. That would be great!
But still... why the heck have so many different UI looks? Would it not have been easier to just design one skin and use it on all the stock apps?