PDA

View Full Version : iMessage Apple ID and Phone Number Unification

jazoi
Jun 12, 2012, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know if you can only currently use your Developer ID to unify with your phone number right now? My developer account is my main apple id, but I use a different one for icloud. Using the id for icloud will not work, only if I use my developer ID as the Facetime/iMessage sign in.

Gala
Jun 12, 2012, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know if you can only currently use your Developer ID to unify with your phone number right now? My developer account is my main apple id, but I use a different one for icloud. Using the id for icloud will not work, only if I use my developer ID as the Facetime/iMessage sign in.

I do not have not run in to this with your particular situation but I have in a different way. I initially set up a iCloud email account (xxxx@me.com) but I couldn't set it up without being signed in with my apple id (xxxxxx@gmail.com). Now whenever I try to use my iCloud account to log in to anything other than mail it links me to that apple id I used to establish the iCloud account. It seems like this may be the same situation as your running in to. iCloud is fairly new but growing quickly hopefully they fix this and let us use our iCloud accounts as apple ids in the near future.