PDA

View Full Version : iOS 6: Device not Registered...Can't Rollback!

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 10:50 AM
Hello,

I'm a registered Apple Developer and registered my iPhone's UDID with the Provisioning Portal...

yet, when I updated to iOS 6 yesterday, it says that it couldn't activate because it wasn't registered with dev account.
So i left it alone over night to see if servers would work tomorrow...(today)

It doesn't.

Now, I downloaded the IPSW from Apple for iOS 5.1 and tried to restore back to that by putting iPhone in DFU mode then Option-Restoring to the 5.1 IPSW....but it says that my iPhone is not eligible. My hosts file is fine, and I don't block the gs servers....

What should I do now?!

gpc17
Jun 12, 2012, 10:58 AM
Really WTF Apple some devices are getting registered some not

psonice
Jun 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Double check your device is correctly registered, and contact dev support?

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 11:08 AM

It is correctly registered. I've re-registered it about 3 times now...

How do I contact Dev Support? In fact, the dev forums are down as well!

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 11:09 AM
It is correctly registered. I've re-registered it about 3 times now...

How do I contact Dev Support? In fact, the dev forums are down as well!

Don't fret my friend.

Put in DFU mode, plug into iTunes, and restore. Try upgrading again after that.

Same crap happened to me yesterday.

lw9090
Jun 12, 2012, 11:11 AM
I'm having same issue here. Also looks like the Developer Forums are also down on the site.

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 11:17 AM

Don't fret my friend.

Put in DFU mode, plug into iTunes, and restore. Try upgrading again after that.

Same crap happened to me yesterday.

Well, if you read my original post, you would see that I already tried to do that! I got the error saying "Your iPhone is not eligible for the requested build."

Now what, friend?

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 11:18 AM
Well, if you read my original post, you would see that I already tried to do that! I got the error saying "Your iPhone is not eligible for the requested build."

Now what, friend?

LOL how the hell did I miss that part?

Allow iTunes to download it.

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
LOL how the hell did I miss that part?

Are you allowing iTunes to download the build? Or are you manually selecting the IPSW file?

I've tried both. Same result.

robbieduncan
Jun 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
I had the smae problem. Open XCode and open the Organiser window. You should be able to restore back to 5.1 there.

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
I had the smae problem. Open XCode and open the Organiser window. You should be able to restore back to 5.1 there.

Yeah, weird.

Sorry man I'm not sure then.

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 11:21 AM

I've been trying that now...same result! What steps did you take to do it?

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
Also, is it always a pain in the ass like this to install the latest betas?

Last night was a massive headache for me getting this to install and activate.

WeegieMac
Jun 12, 2012, 11:22 AM

Now what, friend?

You said 5.1, which is no longer signed. Ensure you are using 5.1.1.

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 11:23 AM
You said 5.1, which is no longer signed. Ensure you are using 5.1.1.

I downloaded the file from Apple Dev Center under "iOS 5" so I assume it's 5.1.1....The file name is: "iPhone4,1_5.1_9B179_Restore"

Where do I get 5.1.1?

WeegieMac
Jun 12, 2012, 11:25 AM
Or set up a new user profile and try restoring there, or at most install another version of OS X on an external drive and restore from iTunes there.

----------

I downloaded the file from Apple Dev Center under "iOS 5" so I assume it's 5.1.1....The file name is: "iPhone4,1_5.1_9B179_Restore"

Where do I get 5.1.1?

If you press the restore button in iTunes, the latest version is downloaded ... which I think you said you tried?

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
Or set up a new user profile and try restoring there, or at most install another version of OS X on an external drive and restore from iTunes there.

----------

If you press the restore button in iTunes, the latest version is downloaded ... which I think you said you tried?

Yup; I have already tried that. Now, I'm downloading the 5.1.1 IPSW i found somewhere on the internet and trying it that way as well...

robbieduncan
Jun 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
I've been trying that now...same result! What steps did you take to do it?

Basically just those: iTunes would not even show the button to restore but XCode was fine. It would not do anything else with the phone as it was not activated but happily restored to 5.1. Note I did not manually download the ipsw or option-click restore: I chose 5.1 from the drop down in XCode and let it download it for me.

WeegieMac
Jun 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'd have thought since Apple is still signing iOS 5.1.1 that a simple iTunes restore as normal would work. Really strange one.

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
I'd have thought since Apple is still signing iOS 5.1.1 that a simple iTunes restore as normal would work. Really strange one.

Downloading iOS 5.1.1 IPSW manually and restoring WORKED!!
Woohoo!

Now I'll wait for a few days and try iOS 6 again!

WeegieMac
Jun 12, 2012, 11:44 AM
Downloading iOS 5.1.1 IPSW manually and restoring WORKED!!
Woohoo!

Now I'll wait for a few days and try iOS 6 again!

Excellent.

Shift + restore or sync and restore button?

ds111
Jun 12, 2012, 12:32 PM
Excellent.

Shift + restore or sync and restore button?

Manual Restore (Option+Restore) and select IPSW file.

lw9090
Jun 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
looks like servers are back up! the one I had issue with finally activated.

stephen1108
Jun 12, 2012, 01:15 PM
I was gonna ask if you had pre-release software activated in the portal?

RockyDeTalente1
Jun 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
Same thing happened to me. After trying all the hard stuff, I just clicked the restore button, no shift key, no dfu & it rolled back. As for the not activating idk ha.

IvoAndre
Jun 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
i'm stuck, now i can't finish the activation process because i'm not a developer member, and i can't restore the iPhone.

What can i do now?

Please help!

ds111
Jun 13, 2012, 02:46 PM
i'm stuck, now i can't finish the activation process because i'm not a developer member, and i can't restore the iPhone.

What can i do now?

Please help!

Here's how to fix this:
Enter DFU Mode.
You can do this by:
1) Hold down home button and the power button at the same time
2) When screen turns black, wait 1 second, then take off your finger from the power button BUT KEEP THE HOME BUTTON PRESSED DOWN.
3) You should see the connect to iTunes screen. If you didn't do it right, it will restart the phone as normal. Just try again and try to get the timing right.

Then, download the 5.1.1 ISPW from here: http://techglobex.blogspot.com/2012/05/download-apple-ios-511-ipsw-firmware.html

Scroll down, you'll see a long list.

Plug the phone into iTunes, open iTunes, then hold down Option while pressing the "Restore" button. It'll open a File Browser window, select the IPSW you downloaded, then it should work...

Let me know if you need more help/tips.

...And next time, DON'T DO THIS IF YOU'RE NOT A DEVELOPER!

IvoAndre
Jun 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
Thank you very much. i'm doing that and for now it is all good!!

I will be a developer as soon as possible, but for now i'm training without the developer account!

Thank you again!