PDA

View Full Version : What features/enhancements were added AFTER beta 1 of iOS 5?

iBreatheApple
Jun 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Just curious as to what type of little tweaks and updates we can look forward to in the coming betas as I don't remember from last year. Anyone remember what got added between beta 1 and the golden master?

Osullivan1
Jun 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Assisstive Touch was added in beta 3 :)

Menel
Jun 12, 2012, 02:19 PM
iTunes Match
Sync via WiFi
OTA Updates

They were all announced at WWDC2011, just didn't work for the first several betas.

Osullivan1
Jun 12, 2012, 02:23 PM
I hope we get a new Passbook icon, i like the current one, but it looks out of place alongside the others...

Reaktor5
Jun 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
I hope we get a new Passbook icon, i like the current one, but it looks out of place alongside the others...

The black card holder should be a different color, maybe a brown leather or just a light grey.

WordMasterRice
Jun 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
The only thing I can think of that changed last year was the notification popup. In beta 1 (and maybe 2 I can't recall) you didn't get the black bubble, it only created the list. OTA was "in" beta 1 and 2 but it didn't actually do anything until 3 (again I think my numbers are right). Other than that it was just making it work properly.

VSMacOne
Jun 12, 2012, 02:50 PM
Considering that it's very likely the new iPhone is going to be a major change from previous models, I'm gonna venture out and say that we'll probably see quite a few more "new" things added to iOS 6 by the time it's released in the fall, and some of them Apple will keep out of the beta until release.