PDA

View Full Version : Install IOS by alt+option key, without udid? possible?

goudvarken
Jun 12, 2012, 11:03 AM
Does it really works this way like mentioned here

http://iphonehackiosdev.blogspot.nl/2012/06/install-ios-6-beta-without-developer.html
I downloaded ios6 beta, shift+update in itunes on windows,i selected ios6 and thats it.Now after restore from backup it still works

Or is it ******** and you still need a UDID?

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 11:05 AM

http://iphonehackiosdev.blogspot.nl/2012/06/install-ios-6-beta-without-developer.html

Responded before reading the article.... Interesting.

goudvarken
Jun 12, 2012, 11:06 AM
It'll install fine.

It just won't allow you to activate it.

thats what i mean :cool:

So no chance without it, or do i have to ask at the macrumors hack section then?

Jessica Lares
Jun 12, 2012, 11:11 AM
thats what i mean :cool:

So no chance without it, or do i have to ask at the macrumors hack section then?

The only reason it works for that person is that his device is probably still registered. The only way is to have the device registered in the Developer Portal.

goudvarken
Jun 12, 2012, 11:27 AM
So the conclusion is, pay 99,- or keep it out of my head?!

Jessica Lares
Jun 12, 2012, 11:38 AM
So the conclusion is, pay 99,- or keep it out of my head?!

Pretty much, yep.

naltst*
Jun 12, 2012, 12:48 PM
I can 100% confirm that this does work WITHOUT registering my UDID.

Restore is not needed - use update

The chances of my replacement iPhone (which I thought was new) being a refurb that had previously been registered on a developer account are too small to even consider...

aladdinh
Jun 12, 2012, 11:34 PM
nahh dosent work, i did everything step-by-step and no result,
it bugged after the 'jailbreak' part, when the codes run like a normal jailbreak it bugged at the end so i downgraded back to 5.1.1 and jailbreak untethered, id say watch youtube ios6 vids and keep dreaming until this fall :)

pk7
Jun 13, 2012, 12:39 AM
Supposing this does work, are there any adverse consequences?

Will you still receive the upcoming betas with this method, and will you be able to upgrade to the final/GM version once it comes out? I'm tempted to put this on my old 3GS but I don't want it stuck on Beta 1, as it has been unlocked by AT&T and is still of use in the near future.

JuNxXxReY
Jun 13, 2012, 01:20 AM

I figured this out last night by accident. It worked for me.

You can upgrade to iOS 6 w/out a developer account by downloading the ipsw file. Plug your iPad or iPhone into iTunes and press Option (shift for PC) + "Check for Updates." Locate the iOS 6 ipsw file you downloaded. It will let you upgrade without having to register your UDID. IF YOU CLICK RESTORE, IT WILL NOT WORK. I've tried this with an iPhone 4S and the New iPad.

If you've already upgraded to iOS 6 and you're getting the this device is not registered message, you'll need to downgrade back to 5.1.1 before upgrading to iOS 6.

Hope this helps and good luck!

astral125
Jun 14, 2012, 01:30 PM
I wanted to try this on my iPad which is not critical to have working like my iPhone is. I just get the error "The iPad "iPad" could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible."

Any ideas?

Parise
Jun 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
I wanted to try this on my iPad which is not critical to have working like my iPhone is. I just get the error "The iPad "iPad" could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible."

Any ideas?

You sure you have the right IPSW

----------

I wonder how many "Help my iPad/iPhone is bricked!" threads we're going to see when the beta 2 comes out.

BFizzzle
Jun 14, 2012, 01:36 PM
this does work.. be sure to do a restore to 5.1.1 , activate, then UPDATE to ios 6

----------

Any ideas?

for some reason i was getting that error when restoring my jaibroken ipad 3 gsm to 5.1.1 :/

astral125
Jun 14, 2012, 01:47 PM
You sure you have the right IPSW

Looks like this was the problem. The download site I used had them mislabeled.

-TYLER
Jun 14, 2012, 01:54 PM
Just tried and it worked for my iPad 2.

astral125
Jun 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah works great on my iPad 3 so far. I wont try it on my phone, because if that bricks with beta 2, I wouldn't be happy.

kuwxman
Jun 14, 2012, 02:19 PM
It works. Installed the beta yesterday on both my 4S and iPad 3 via this method with zero issues. It activated just fine.

edit: Another poster made a good point. To do this, sync to iTunes/iCloud to make sure you have your stuff backed up, RESTORE your phone THEN option+update (control+update on Windows) to 6.0.

kiwiboi87
Jun 14, 2012, 02:29 PM
how does one downgrade back to 5.1.1
just to keep the conversation going,

because doesn't the 6 upgrade change the firmware?