PDA

View Full Version : Podcast --> Library --> Stupid Behaviour

OneClick
Jul 18, 2005, 05:34 PM
Hi,

when I copy a podcasted track into my Library i want it to behave like all other songs.
But it doesn't!

It always starts where I left off the last time i listened to the track. That's ok for an audiobook, where want to resume at the point where you stopped the last time.

But when I hear a song, I want it to start always at the beginning.

How can I do that?

Thanks

Mechcozmo
Jul 18, 2005, 07:51 PM
Maybe convert it to a different format? Then it would behave like a song?

Space Cadet
Jul 19, 2005, 02:12 PM
I have noticed that when I take my iPod to "music" there is a separate entry for "podcasts." I click on it, and even though I downloaded a few (from the iTunes site, no less), none show up there. It's very aggravating to go through "genre" to "podcast" to the one I want to listen to (although the more I explore the world of podcasts, the fewer I have any real devotion to. And the ones I like are KCRW programs I can catch on the radio coming home from work).

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for a solution?

jonv
Jul 20, 2005, 07:58 AM
Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for a solution?

Yes. Have the problem but no solution.

XNine
Jul 20, 2005, 10:30 AM
There are options in the Preferences of iTunes for Podcasts. There's a hidden window with options that aren't on the main Podcast window. I think it's under "options" or "advanced" in the podcast pane. Try there. It may remedy you.

All of my podcasts show up under PODCAST.

Space Cadet
Jul 20, 2005, 01:17 PM
Onizuka, you lucky thing.

I'll see what I can do. But it seems silly for Apple to make such a big deal about podcasts and add a whole menu direction on the iPod without having it work automatically.

plinkoman
Jul 20, 2005, 08:36 PM
is there a way to get itunes to recognize a podcast if it's not downloaded through itunes? i have some older ones that aren't available on itunes, but are part of shows that still run on itunes. when i add them to my library, they act like a regular song, and i can't copy them into the podcast menu...

anyone know a solution to this?

and Onizuka, i'm not seeing this advanced podcast menu you speak of...