PDA

View Full Version : You all want a laugh?...a PC vs MAC debate..

krossfyter
Jan 13, 2002, 11:05 PM
http://bbs.payableondeath.com/cgi-shell/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001650&p=

Durandal7
Jan 13, 2002, 11:10 PM
Incredible:
Jef Goldbam is gay so macs is too
You didnt refuse me points so they true
macs suck pcs rule deerrrrrr

All of the PC users on this forum are apparantley 12 year olds failing all of their classes who just learned what gay means.

krossfyter
Jan 13, 2002, 11:14 PM
yep.

Hemingray
Jan 13, 2002, 11:22 PM
Truly sad. But a laugh nonetheless. :D

G4scott
Jan 13, 2002, 11:23 PM
tis a sad, sad world

sparkleytone
Jan 13, 2002, 11:37 PM
oh please GOD keep those people away from our forums.

Tomasz
Jan 14, 2002, 12:21 AM
That was pathetic. I think they are 12 year olds that don't know anything about computers. Their entire argument consists of macs are better... no pcs are better.... no macs are better.

Give me a break.

Tomasz

ThlayliTheFierce
Jan 14, 2002, 12:25 AM
I dunno, I'd like to see an actual debate here between mac and pc, but between people who can actually read farther in to a comment than the letters presented to them and maybe actually form a coherent argument.

davidc2182
Jan 14, 2002, 01:06 AM
i just posted @ that stupid forum and joined the war, anyway please read it, i posted under the same name i use here, and give me some constructive criticiszm or however you spell it.

ThlayliTheFierce
Jan 14, 2002, 01:12 AM
Yeah that pretty much sums up what people have been saying here for quite some time. Maybe a few of them will take note.

Durandal7
Jan 14, 2002, 07:05 PM
At least on a Mac forum users generally avoid posting if they don't know anything about a topic.David: don't even bother responding,they won't listen to any logic if it disagrees with their immature ideas.

Pathetic

MAColomania
Jan 14, 2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
http://bbs.payableondeath.com/cgi-shell/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001650&p=

I was looking this page. It shows me, that pc users don't do well research.
Actually, it makes me feel sad.

Catfish_Man
Jan 14, 2002, 08:14 PM
...here's how I understand the current standings (DP 800 vs AthlonXP2000+/Pentium 4 2.2GHz. Mac OS X.12 for the mac, WinXP for the PCs):

OS stability: Both good, not sure which is better right now

OS ease-of-use: undecided, I like OSX, but some people hate the dock, think it's slow, etc... WinXP has some problems like slower internet, driver signing, activation, etc...

OS power: Mac, command line, SMP, UNIX programs, plug-and-play clustering, built in Apache, etc...

OS Appearance: Mac (Obviously)

OS Performance: PC, all that OSX eye candy has a price.

Free software: Mac, iPhoto, iDvd, iMovie, iTunes, etc... Wins by a lot.

Performance (using PC133, DDR, and RDRAM respectively): For photoshop and other Altivec enabled tasks the G4 wins hands down, for anything else I think the AthlonXP 2000+ wins by a bit. For sheer performance (instead of performace per dollar) I think the 2.2GHz Pentium 4 wins by a very small margin on non-Altivec tasks (source: Tom's Hardware did a very nice comparison review of the 2.2GHz P4 and the AthlonXP2000+)

Hard Drive: equal, 80GB 7200rpm is about as good as you're going to find on a PC.

RAM: PC, PCs are starting to come with 512MBs of DDR or RDRAM, compared to 256MBs PC133 in the G4/

Graphics Card: PC, the GeForce 2mx is a low end card in the PC world. GeForce 3 or better on a high end PC.

Optical Drive: Mac, PCs with anything like a superdrive are very rare and expensive.

Ports: Mac, PCs only rarely have firewire

Floppy Drive: Mac, floppies are out of date.

Networking: Mac, Gigabit ethernet, AirPort.

Clustering: Mac. AppleSeed makes it very easy, someone recently got 233GFlops on a 100Bt ethernet G4 cluster and said that their results implied no intrinsic limit on the size of a Mac cluster.

Software Support: PC, by a tiny bit. Most of the additional software PCs have is junk, but they have some specialty apps.

Hardware Support: PC, custom PCs are such a big market that there's tons of stuff out there for them, Macs aren't bad though.

Reliability: Mac

Customer Support: Mac

Hardware Appearance: Mac

Price: about the same, leaning towards PC. If you get a PC with equivalent hardware and software (including a nice case), it's roughly the same.

Value: Mac, roughly the same price, lasts longer.

Feel free to correct, disagree with, or add to this list.

Durandal7
Jan 14, 2002, 08:34 PM
What a bunch of fools.

GATESSON
Jan 14, 2002, 11:34 PM
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, they actually are all 12 year olds. Note the topic ladder at the top of the site: YOUTH OF THE NATION. There won't be much anyone in there who knows anything so lets just ignore the site.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

whoever posted that = challagened of the world outside their computer

Atleast my cousin (who can beat out any computer geek geekaly) knows something outside the computer world.

monkey
Jan 14, 2002, 11:39 PM
who put my quote there? oh well.

shoini
Jan 15, 2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by monkey
who put my quote there? oh well.

Dang!

This Gatesson is really trying to think.

unregistered
Jan 15, 2002, 12:49 AM
I don't think they're 12 year olds - probably 9 - judging by their comments, they obviously haven't started going through puberty.

chrismear
Jan 15, 2002, 02:42 AM
My favourite bit is that they all have signatures that are about a hundred lines long.

That's so... 'gay'. :p

Unregistered
Jan 15, 2002, 02:57 AM
Yeah, but I got a girlfriend!

Shinoi
Jan 15, 2002, 04:08 AM
Check this out cats...

http://bbs.payableondeath.com/cgi-shell/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=002292

gandalf55
Jan 15, 2002, 06:07 AM
riddle me this:

why is it EVERY SINGLE TIME i go to news.com, i see "Glitch halts Windows XP updates", "Worm poses as Microsoft update", "New MS Security Hole", etc...

i would love to ask all these pc jerks why, after SO many years, Microsoft still can't create an OS thats remotely safe. XP was supposed to be SO secure. It's about as secure as a screen door in a hurricane.

pcs - they are everywhere, but that doesn't mean they don't suck.

j763
Jan 15, 2002, 06:11 AM
I cannot believe how mislead some of the people on that forum are! You see crap like "macs are bad at multitasking" when we're running BSD UNIX and they're running NT! OMG, these ppl scare me - lets keep them away from here.

vector
Jan 15, 2002, 02:50 PM
Someone need to go in there and shatter there ignorance. Help them out. Bring them to the light. Do you all want them to fumble around in the darkeness forever? Have you all any sympthy for these kids.

spuncan
Jan 15, 2002, 03:23 PM
sorry guy but they may or may not be 12 year olds but the "youth of the nation" thing is cuz its a p.o.d. (the christian band) website and there big song right now is this anti-school shooting song called youth of the nation but also I agree with you most of those people including the GUI guy are pretty dumb except desertwarrior he may be somewhat knowlageable

Durandal7
Jan 15, 2002, 04:20 PM
OK,OK i was wrong about "youth of the nation". I was too disgusted to bother to look at the site very much. I don't listen to p.o.d. and all I saw was the PC vs. Mac thread next to "SWII toys" and "i amost got pucnched tonite" (I must have been thrown off,but believe me those are real posts). I still stick by my low opinion of them however. Now please stop getting on my back because I didn't recognize the song title of a band I don't listen to. BTW Gnutella rocks, in case anyone cares.

mymemory
Jan 15, 2002, 05:30 PM
1. If Macs are for gay people... I'm gay, my girlfriend is a lesvian, my mother too, my partner at work too, my ex-boss too..... (hehehehe).

A day at the office:

Today I started to work in a video editing suite, my frien (the owner) has a G4 750 (I guess). He had photoshop 5.5. So, as I use PS 6 and I didn't want to mess with his HD, I took my PB Pismo, a Fire Wire cable and connected it to one of the Fire Wire ports of one of his drives.

When he came back afte a few hours he ask me to tell him firs before install any software in the computer, and I said "no, is Fire Wire!!!" the guy was so impressed, he said "Oh my god, my computer is so cool".

That was good thet I knew a bit more than him about macs.

spuncan
Jan 15, 2002, 06:12 PM
yeah um I have very strong (negative) feelings about homosexuals so please dont bring that up here. And another thing I'm probably one the few hardcore republicans who r mac users but were a proud egotistical bunch so lets all just stick to the computers and not create a forum war.

pik
Jan 15, 2002, 06:45 PM
I found the dessert warrior guy to be the dumb one..ignorant of the mac.

And i founf GUI to be witty and exceptional knowledgeable on LInux, PC and the Mac.

Unregistered
Jan 15, 2002, 06:46 PM
Oh my...

Them's loooooooong signatures...

Unregistered
Jan 15, 2002, 06:47 PM
hardcore republican mac users, eh?

Try Dubya for one. :)

shoni
Jan 15, 2002, 06:54 PM
hmmm

http://bbs.payableondeath.com/cgi-shell/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004539

mac conservatives are rare?

pik
Jan 15, 2002, 06:55 PM
**** man. that dude can suck it.

Dessert Warrior
Jan 15, 2002, 07:01 PM
Mac are fruity!

spuncan
Jan 15, 2002, 07:08 PM
who told these people about this site now we will be overun just like IHATEAPPLE.COM was by us. well lets hope not. And about the Republican thing I mean hardcore i.e. was past MR. Compasionate Conservative but once again please dont talk politics. (Unless ur on my side (lol))

Dessert Warrior
Jan 15, 2002, 07:11 PM
WHy did you not want us to know about this site? Chicken!

MACFYTER
Jan 15, 2002, 07:17 PM
To hell with you peecee jackasses.

spuncan
Jan 15, 2002, 07:24 PM
look we have a few Wintel users and we get along great but when others that just show up come they sometimes just backtalk everything

Durandal7
Jan 15, 2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Dessert Warrior
Mac are fruity!
Constructive criticism from a PC user. We haven't overrun your site yet but I think you can kiss that goodbye. We aren't the ones in danger of being overrun, they are. There is about 10 PC users on that site compared to Macrumors' 3000+ rabid mac users. Prepare yourself, your forum will never be the same.

monkey
Jan 15, 2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Dessert Warrior
Mac are fruity!

lol...

Vash: Pacifist Warmonger
Jan 15, 2002, 08:15 PM
And what games does mac support? oh...10 whole games? Right.

MACFYTER
Jan 15, 2002, 08:16 PM
OH oh! Someon needs to school this vash jackass on games for the mac.

Watch out!

Jan 15, 2002, 08:22 PM
And what games does mac support? oh...10 whole games? Right.

Dessert Warrior
Jan 15, 2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by asurace

Constructive criticism from a PC user. We haven't overrun your site yet but I think you can kiss that goodbye. We aren't the ones in danger of being overrun, they are. There is about 10 PC users on that site compared to Macrumors' 3000+ rabid mac users. Prepare yourself, your forum will never be the same.

Come on in brotha! We welcome you with open arms.
You don stand a chance against the pc users on there.

Durandal7
Jan 15, 2002, 08:35 PM
Supported OS X Games:
Oni
Marathon
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Alien vs. Pretador Gold
Starcraft and Broodwar
Quake III
Heavy Metal FAKK 2
The Sims
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Harry Potter
Myth III
Tony Hawk
Age of Empires II
Fighter Squadron
Fly! 2
Dragonís Lair 3D
Master of Orion III
Cro-Mag Rally
Otto Matic
Survivor
Stronghold
Spider-man
Tropico
Myst 3
Tomb Raider: The Chronicles
Deimos Rising
Pillars of Garendall

Also Coming Soon to OS X:
Unreal Tournament
EV: Nova
Coldstone

These are only the OS X games I could find in 2 minutes, I didn't include classic games. OK I'm bored with this topic, moving on.

monkey
Jan 15, 2002, 08:47 PM
If you start to **** on people there they will respond with "i love you"

Cruelraspberry
Jan 15, 2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by spuncan
yeah um I have very strong (negative) feelings about homosexuals so please dont bring that up here. And another thing I'm probably one the few hardcore republicans who r mac users but were a proud egotistical bunch so lets all just stick to the computers and not create a forum war.

If you had those feelings and didn't want to start a forum war, you probably should have kept them to yourself.

I'm so F$%^ing sick of people and the way they treat me because I'm a Lesbian.

They are either openly disgusted (christians), or wanna watch (straight males).

Yeck, Gack, spew!!

What I do in the bedroom is nobody's business but my own, and you have NO right to bring up your "strong (negative) feelings about homosexuals."

I get enough harrassment in the REAL WORLD.

We're here to talk about MAC's, not sexuality.

Cruelraspberry
Jan 15, 2002, 09:53 PM
Please don't start a forum debate on PC vs MAC.
It's tired. It's been done. Both sides are rabid and willing to fight to the death.

You will win no converts.

*Yawn*

I love my Mac because I love it. I think it's cool, easy to use, and cool. I'm not a graphic designer, or a programmer (although I have no doubt I could be if I put my mind to it). I'm just a "standard" user.

What the hell is wrong with that?

By the way, none of you have done "research" into why Mac is better than PC, or visa versa. You're just spewing reguritated information from tech magazine articles that WE HAVE PROBABLY ALREADY READ. It's totally an un-issue.

Jan 15, 2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by asurace
Supported OS X Games:
Oni
Marathon
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Alien vs. Pretador Gold
Starcraft and Broodwar
Quake III
Heavy Metal FAKK 2
The Sims
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Harry Potter
Myth III
Tony Hawk
Age of Empires II
Fighter Squadron
Fly! 2
Dragonís Lair 3D
Master of Orion III
Cro-Mag Rally
Otto Matic
Survivor
Stronghold
Spider-man
Tropico
Myst 3
Tomb Raider: The Chronicles
Deimos Rising
Pillars of Garendall

Also Coming Soon to OS X:
Unreal Tournament
EV: Nova
Coldstone

These are only the OS X games I could find in 2 minutes, I didn't include classic games. OK I'm bored with this topic, moving on.

I see no Asheron's Call, Everquest, Ultima Online, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, I know for a fact Star Wars Galaxies won't be on mac..
Red Alert 1 and 2? Command and Conquer? Warcraft 3 (sure a year after the pc release)
Ported? Ok..sure some games are ported to a mac..A YEAR LATER. and that article about Giants is a bunch of crap. Any real Gamer knows Giants was a big flop. I see no adventure games on that list..no decent rpg's ZERO..COUNT EM ZERO MMORPG's.
Quake 3...Big deal..where's Unreal Tournament...oh..COMING SOON...welcome to the party TWO YEARS LATE! Thought not. Half Life 2? Oh yeah...not coming out on mac.. Niether is Duke Nukem forever.. Max Payne anyone? oh right! not there either..Red Faction? uh uh.
Aliens Vs. Predator 2? Strangely missing..odd.....
Neverwinter Nights? Nowhere to be found...Oh yeah...MAC GAMING ROX.

Pik
Jan 15, 2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Cruelraspberry

If you had those feelings and didn't want to start a forum war, you probably should have kept them to yourself.

I'm so F$%^ing sick of people and the way they treat me because I'm a Lesbian.

They are either openly disgusted (christians), or wanna watch (straight males).

Yeck, Gack, spew!!

What I do in the bedroom is nobody's business but my own, and you have NO right to bring up your "strong (negative) feelings about homosexuals."

I get enough harrassment in the REAL WORLD.

We're here to talk about MAC's, not sexuality.

But makes are sexy!

chibianh
Jan 15, 2002, 10:09 PM
When my friends and I stumble upon a Windows vs MacOS argument, they always argue that Windows support more games.. it's the only thing I can't shut them up about. Is that the only reason why peecees are better? Gee, i hope not...

Catfish_Man
Jan 15, 2002, 10:38 PM
...to the post that said Warcraft III would come out for Mac a year after PC. Apparently he has never been to the Blizzard website. They have War3 running under OSX and are going to release it simultaneously.

GreenLyons
Jan 15, 2002, 10:42 PM
jeezz.... we have angry republicans against gays, lesbians mad because of the crap that hits them day to day, PC-freaks threatening board-domination... cloaked -mac users ready to resurp...

Can't we just all get along?

Anyway, I'm a Graphic Artist, and have used both PC and mac for the job for 12 years, and until you walk the dog and carry the poop-a-scoper.
Macs are more relaible, stronger, and more cutting edge, handles graphics better, yes not alot of games for the Mac... in comparison to the PC..
(lets be fair).. but the games seem to run better on macs.. brighter, smoother.. faster.

I love you all... May the pinky Toes of Vishnu always wear your rings.

but I also agree with the pink-one.. been done to death... and the fevor still reigns.
and while Im throwing words to the wind.. a freind once told me..

Winning an argument on a message board is like winning the special olympics.. yea you won, but...
nevermind.. not to offend any of the "exceptional" individuals out there.. another term I have a problem with.

TremorX
Jan 16, 2002, 12:17 AM
Why can't you just enjoy technology for technology's sake?

Why does everyone have to get in a pissing contest? This is just as vile and pointless as console gaming arguments.

Everything has a place and purpose. I own a Windows-based PC right now because it's cheaper to slap one together from junk parts and make it work. Macs have a high up-front cost and limited customability. I'd love to have a Mac to complement my collection of electronicy goodness, but I can't afford their rather steep price tags.

For example - I've slapped my PC together and only have about $500 invested in it over the course of about 2 years.. you just can't do that at that level with a Mac. If OSX ran on Clone hardware, I'd probably embrace it. But, it doesn't.

Your venomous arguing does nothing but turn casual users against the Macintosh. Fortunately, I still respect it and have even suggested that a few of my co-workers consider getting one for video production purposes.

Play nice, you Mac-kiddies. Face the truth, Mac or PC, we're all geeks who'll never touch a real boob anyway.