Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorb46529

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Didnt know if anyone could answer this for me. I let my IOS Dev account expire about a week or so ago. After yesterday's WWDC I decided to renew it, so it was somewhere around 1:00cst when I renewed. My account is still showing expired, anyone know how long it usually takes for the renewal to complete?

Thanks

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
Didnt know if anyone could answer this for me. I let my IOS Dev account expire about a week or so ago. After yesterday's WWDC I decided to renew it, so it was somewhere around 1:00cst when I renewed. My account is still showing expired, anyone know how long it usually takes for the renewal to complete?

Thanks

Yeah it could take a little while. Shouldnt be too long though.

goatknuckle

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
It could take up to 24 hours ...

I was in a similar situation. Apparently there is an issue on Apple's end whereby the payments are being processed, however no activation codes are being sent to those who renewed. I had to call Apple (1-800-633-2152); what they did was extend my developer account period by 10 days and then told me I would be able to renew at the end of the extension - once the system has had time to sort itself out.

Hope this helps.

jcorb46529

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Also I noticed this on the Support site;
"If I enroll as an individual, can I use someone else’s credit card to complete my purchase?

The billing information provided for the purchase must match exactly with the program enrollment information. If this information does not match, your enrollment will be delayed and you will be asked to provide a notarized copy of a government issued identification."

I had destroyed my CITI credit card so I used my wifes so the billing name of course is different.

Apple TarHeel

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2012
Also I noticed this on the Support site;
"If I enroll as an individual, can I use someone else’s credit card to complete my purchase?

The billing information provided for the purchase must match exactly with the program enrollment information. If this information does not match, your enrollment will be delayed and you will be asked to provide a notarized copy of a government issued identification."

I had destroyed my CITI credit card so I used my wifes so the billing name of course is different.

That could be what it is ... have you received a confirmation email that your order was accepted and acknowledged?

jcorb46529

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
That could be what it is ... have you received a confirmation email that your order was accepted and acknowledged?

Actually, my account is now active. I called the Developer Support line and as soon as he accessed my account the problem cleared up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.