PDA

View Full Version : Airport Utility 6.1, Safe to use?

Pndrgnsvc
Jun 12, 2012, 12:39 PM
Because of the many & serious problems associated with (new) Thunderbolt Software Update 1.2, and the problems some have had with previous Airport updaters, I am a bit apprehensive re the current Airport Utility 6.1.

I have not ready of any dire results, but I merely thought this would be a good place to verify that this updater is safe.

Waddya think?

russkirk
Jun 12, 2012, 11:04 PM
Because of the many & serious problems associated with (new) Thunderbolt Software Update 1.2, and the problems some have had with previous Airport updaters, I am a bit apprehensive re the current Airport Utility 6.1.

I have not ready of any dire results, but I merely thought this would be a good place to verify that this updater is safe.

Waddya think?6.1 seems to be working fine for us. A 1st gen Airport Extreme servicing two Mac-mini's, two Apple TV's (2nd gen) an iMac and 3 PeeCees, not more than 4 of the above running at the same time, and I can detect no difference.

Macman45
Jun 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
It's fine...A minor tweak none of the old features are easily accessible, looks and acts the same as it did prior to the update.

Pndrgnsvc
Jun 13, 2012, 06:54 AM
Many thanks guys!

I installed the update, and as you indicated, all is right with the world. Well, at least my Airport is trouble free.