PDA

View Full Version : My friend paid the $99 for developer.. how do I get into the beta

hreyhrey
Jun 12, 2012, 01:16 PM
So my friend is a developer aka paid the $99, now how can we BOTH get into the beta using his developer account thing?

Thanks guys and yes he perfectly wants me to get into it as well but doenst want to use his only "tolken"

I heard you could get 99 total or something?

falterego
Jun 12, 2012, 01:21 PM
Looks like he needs to have registered as a company. (http://bit.ly/LkmW3B)

If he did then he should read through this: http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#DOCUMENTATION/Xcode/Conceptual/ios_development_workflow/10-Configuring_Development_and_Distribution_Assets/identities_and_devices.html

hreyhrey
Jun 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
So simply becoming a apple dev (pay the $99 to upload apps that get approved) DOESNT give you a ton of tolkens?

Does it give you any?

GoCubsGo
Jun 12, 2012, 01:26 PM
So simply becoming a apple dev (pay the $99 to upload apps that get approved) DOESNT give you a ton of tolkens?

Does it give you any?

You buy your Developer access. ;) I hear it is $99.

Parise
Jun 12, 2012, 01:28 PM

Does it give you any?

He has to add your device as a development device in the ios provisioning center.

Burton8219
Jun 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
I knew it would be a matter of time until we started getting threads like these on a regular basis... I for one am loving it.

iBreatheApple
Jun 12, 2012, 01:32 PM
You buy your Developer access. ;) I hear it is $99.

Honestly this community needs to get over it. People have a true love and passion for Apple and want early access to the beta... What's wrong with that? They just need to understand that it's a BETA and things can happen. These moralists in this forum should calm down.

And don't think I'm "lashing out" at you, you weren't hostile or over-the-top with your posts but many others are. :apple:

I knew it would be a matter of time until we started getting threads like these on a regular basis... I for one am loving it.

I knew it would be a matter of time before I saw posts like this in a thread like this. :rolleyes:

GoCubsGo
Jun 12, 2012, 01:33 PM
Honestly this community needs to get over it. People have a true love and passion for Apple and want early access to beta... What's wrong with that? They just need to understand that it's a BETA and things can happen. These moralists in this forum should calm down.

And don't think I'm "lashing out" at you, you were hostile or over-the-top with your posts but many others are. :apple:

I wasn't hostile in my post. Get over yourself. I was being factual, that was all.

iBreatheApple
Jun 12, 2012, 01:34 PM
I wasn't hostile in my post. Get over yourself. I was being factual, that was all.

Was supposed to say weren't, though given context you should have been able to figure that out. My fault, though.

GoCubsGo
Jun 12, 2012, 01:36 PM
Was supposed to say weren't, though given context you hold have been able to figure that out. My fault, though.

Ah then we shall hug it out. :p

chasers
Jun 12, 2012, 01:37 PM

he was stating he doesnt think you were being hostile with your post but others on this site are. just what i got out of it. but i see both of your viewpoints on the matter.

hreyhrey
Jun 12, 2012, 01:46 PM
He has to add your device as a development device in the ios provisioning center.

And Only paying the $99 will allow him to do that? He doesn't have to be a company or whatever that other guy said. I don't think he has even uploaded a app yet as its not done

mrapplegate
Jun 12, 2012, 01:50 PM
And Only paying the $99 will allow him to do that? He doesn't have to be a company or whatever that other guy said. I don't think he has even uploaded a app yet as its not done

Enter your Device ID here:
https://developer.apple.com/ios/manage/devices/index.action

I don't really care if he paid $99 just to get access to a beta. He is supporting Apple :)

Jessica Lares
Jun 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
Honestly this community needs to get over it. People have a true love and passion for Apple and want early access to beta... What's wrong with that? They just need to understand that it's a BETA and things can happen. These moralists in this forum should calm down.

No, you guys need to understand that you don't HAVE to have everything the moment it's announced. Last year when iOS 5 came out it was a huge mess. Everyone wanted access to iMessages to save money on texting to the point that pretty much 10% of the iPhone and iPod Touch people were on betas. What happened? Developers suffered because their apps were bombarded with reviews of people not being able to use their apps in BETA software. Loss of downloads, lost of sales, and having to rush to make these idiots happy.

And for this exact reason, Apple had to make the iMessages for Mac a public beta. Otherwise they'd have people ringing them up and posting in the support forums about how Mountain Lion crashes constantly and everything is buggy and unstable.

If you're not a paying developer, you are not entitled to these betas, nor are you entitled to support when using them. The developers don't need consumer input on how well their app runs on known unstable software. They use it to implement new APIs and figure out workarounds for deprecated ones. What matters to developers is how their app runs on STABLE firmware.

Burton8219
Jun 12, 2012, 01:56 PM
Honestly this community needs to get over it. People have a true love and passion for Apple and want early access to the beta... What's wrong with that? They just need to understand that it's a BETA and things can happen. These moralists in this forum should calm down.

And don't think I'm "lashing out" at you, you weren't hostile or over-the-top with your posts but many others are. :apple:

I knew it would be a matter of time before I saw posts like this in a thread like this. :rolleyes:
I'm not a moralist... If they went about their business and went through the proper channels and put it on their phone then I wouldn't care. It's when we get the "How do I get iOS 6 on my phone" or "I bricked my phone... HELP" threads that I even say anything. Maybe I was just venting, but I don't think I was hostile or over the top. I think my point is valid and would be backed up by many here. To the OP... nothing personal.

maflynn
Jun 12, 2012, 02:01 PM
Have your developer friend review the documentation on apple's site in how to do this.

This thread is closed due arguing and bickering.