Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
I have a late 2010 MBA and I love it. One thing that bugs is the 64gb hard drive and the battery life. Not sure if the 2012 mba has a better battery life.

Anyway, I am considering getting a new MBA or waiting until they change the body on the mac book pro (guessing next revision). I am a power user, but do my heavy lifting on a Mac Pro. The air is great for traveling.

I'm thinking of replacing my mba with either a new one, or waiting for the retina body style to trickle down to the 13" mac book pro.

Anyone in the same shoes as me?

rygamble

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2012
I have a late 2010 MBA and I love it. One thing that bugs is the 64gb hard drive and the battery life. Not sure if the 2012 mba has a better battery life.

Anyway, I am considering getting a new MBA or waiting until they change the body on the mac book pro (guessing next revision). I am a power user, but do my heavy lifting on a Mac Pro. The air is great for traveling.

I'm thinking of replacing my mba with either a new one, or waiting for the retina body style to trickle down to the 13" mac book pro.

Anyone in the same shoes as me?

Just get the Air now. You'll probably be waiting a year on the 13" Retina, and if it does come out sooner, it will have a premium price tag. The base Air already outperforms the Late 2011 MBP 13". It's a great computer, and I really doubt the Retina 13" is going to be worth not having the Air now.

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA
Same advice I give my friends and family, and same advice I've seen other people give- if you need a new computer now, get whatever Apple released yesterday. You won't be disappointed. If you don't need a new computer and can wait 3, 6, 12 months, then wait for the Retina display to trickle down to the Air or for the next-gen Pro design to trickle down to a 13-inch Pro.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Waiting for the 13in Retina myself.

No rush, so it's okay. Just have to distract myself from the wait somehow :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.