PDA

View Full Version : Photos app - transparent status bar

Fliesen
Jun 12, 2012, 03:08 PM
Has it always been like this?

http://i.imgur.com/lEmiL.png

i might be grasping for straws here. But the weird new status bar behaviours made me wonder.

as you can see, the list of albums in the photos app has a translucent status bar, which means it has essentially no upper boundary and would therefore easily scale to a device with an increased vertical display size. (the status bar and title bar is just an overlay, more or less)

also, many apps had the staus bar colored similarly to the title bar, which makes it visually thicker, maybe compensating for an increase in vertical size.

essentially, the top portion of the screen is being heavily tampered with.

should this have been the normal behaviour of the photos app, disregard all of this ;)

ct2k7
Jun 12, 2012, 03:08 PM
It hasn't always been like this. Have you got more categories or scrolling through them?

Fliesen
Jun 12, 2012, 03:14 PM
i don't exactly understand what you mean, sorry ;)

ct2k7
Jun 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
i don't exactly understand what you mean, sorry ;)

Have you got many albums, exceeding the viewable space?

Fliesen
Jun 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
i created these TEST albums because you cannot take a screenshot when scrolling.

even with just having the camera roll, i could scroll it upwards to be underneath the title bar. this behaviour is not screenshottable though ;)

absolutazn87
Jun 12, 2012, 04:33 PM
i created these TEST albums because you cannot take a screenshot when scrolling.

even with just having the camera roll, i could scroll it upwards to be underneath the title bar. this behaviour is not screenshottable though ;)

Yes, it's been like that for at least the last few versions of iOS

Fliesen
Jun 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
Yes, it's been like that for at least the last few versions of iOS

oh, i never noticed. nevermind then, thanks for the clarification ;)