Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZynnDK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Odense, Denmark
Hey there!
This August I'm going to L.A. & San Fran. + some other places on the west coast of the US and I'll be needing a decent navi app for my iPhone 4 and my iPad 3.gen, because we will be spending a lot of time on the road. In Europe I'm used to Navigon, but I'm not sure of the map-quality of the US version? Is Navigon the obvious choice for me or is there better alternatives? I'm thinking TomTom or Garmin, but what else is there? Let me know!

Thanks in advance!

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
There's no such thing as an "obvious" choice. Preference plays a big role in this as well. Navigon's a good app. TomTom's a good app. There are other good ones out there as well. Don't overlook all the existing nav app threads. There's no need to reinvent the wheel every time someone wonders about them.

Better's a highly subjective matter. Don't just assume that your needs/wants are universal. If you want suggestions for "better" apps then clearly define your criteria for comparison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.