Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Selfdestrukt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
I want to steer away from the new retina macbook pro just because its .. huge not super portable and i have a gaming pc

My brother has a 2011 macbook air 11 inch and he runs it on low settings in windowed mode and it runs ok (currently act 2 inferno and doing fine)

if anyone gets the new 2012 macbook air please post your results of D3!!!!

Thanks!

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
I want to steer away from the new retina macbook pro just because its .. huge not super portable and i have a gaming pc

My brother has a 2011 macbook air 11 inch and he runs it on low settings in windowed mode and it runs ok (currently act 2 inferno and doing fine)

if anyone gets the new 2012 macbook air please post your results of D3!!!!

Thanks!

I am curious about this too. Please post your settings when trying out, and please try it in Acts 2-4 while fighting against mobs, elites, or both...

I am also really curious about whether or not the Air can maintain consistent, playable frame rates in extended playing sessions. Temperatures would be nice too.

Act 1 is by far the easiest act on your computer with the possible exception of Leoric's Manor (for some odd reason) and maybe the Skeleton King depending on how weak your gpu is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.