Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AR999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Apple let us down, a crappy maps app was the showcase feature and loss of google maps followed by a bunch of mostly useless junk.

Bad apple

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Even though you've got a hard-on for trolling I'll respond:

Wait till you actually use iOS 6 before judging. I've been using it since the beta was released Monday and it's definitely one of the biggest advances to iOS. Almost every feature is an improvement over something that was annoying.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Now that Steve Jobs is dead and Apple aficionados have no messiah to bask in the glow of, some of the reality distortion field has been neutralized and people are beginning to wake up from their Apple coma and realize that Apple is PURPOSELY rationing out features to get people to continue to upgrade.

This is the year that Apple will start to see a tumble unless Apple finally realizes it needs to stop treating its customers like children and roll out an OS that doesn't insult our intelligence.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
It is mostly Android trolls. And they have come out in droves, hence the appearance of "so much negativity". After all, they see Apple removing the last obstacles (and their primary arguments) for those jumping off the Android wagon.

The number one fAndroid retort: "Google Navigation" Apple has taken care of that "but" nicely. Not surprised to see them foaming.

Ay_Zimmy

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I dont get it.. This is the type of stuff they have done every year. No one thinks realistically anymore. There have been big features in all the past iOS that people have been happy about, and Apple has made huge improvements on the Maps, Siri, iCloud, they created the Passbook which is going to change things once they can probably explain everything without giving stuff away in the new iPhone. There's a lot more to the iOS than we have seen. Because we haven't even seen the iPhone yet. Thats the real charm, now you just have to wait for that entire iOS to be on the next iPhone in your hand.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
It is mostly Android trolls. And they have come out in droves, hence the appearance of "so much negativity". After all, they see Apple removing the last obstacles (and their primary arguments) for those jumping off the Android wagon.

The number one fAndroid retort: "Google Navigation" Apple has taken care of that "but" nicely. Not surprised to see them foaming.
You have to be kidding me. Apple isn't even close to being able to replace Android's featureset.

They literally JUST added the ability to attach ONLY photos and video to email in the email app with this Beta, after 5 years.

They literally JUST added the ability to upload from Safari, after 5 years.

These are BASIC things that phones before the advent of touchscreens could do. Why you people don't get this, I'll never know.

AR999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012

You need to stop interpreting Cricical apple comments as troll comments and just accept lots of people (a whopping 45% on the poll) don't like what they see with ios 6.

I have a galaxy note and boy is it swell, I also have an iPad 3 but feel let down with ios 6

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
I think user satisfaction belittles your argument.

And you have proven my point. :D
It's easy to be satisfied by a product that does so little so well.

You people don't have any standards. iOS should be doing a lot more so well, but you're ok with a crippled phone. You don't even want to jailbreak because you think the Apple way is the right way, as if you're following god's word.

AR999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I dont get it.. This is the type of stuff they have done every year. No one thinks realistically anymore. There have been big features in all the past iOS that people have been happy about, and Apple has made huge improvements on the Maps, Siri, iCloud, they created the Passbook which is going to change things once they can probably explain everything without giving stuff away in the new iPhone. There's a lot more to the iOS than we have seen. Because we haven't even seen the iPhone yet. Thats the real charm, now you just have to wait for that entire iOS to be on the next iPhone in your hand.

Maps, Siri, iCloud, FaceTime, Passbook: BUNCH OF ABSOLUTE GIMMICKS

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008

You people don't have any standards. iOS should be doing a lot more so well, but you're ok with a crippled phone. You don't even want to jailbreak because you think the Apple way is the right way, as if you're following god's word.

It's easy to be satisfied with a product that just works. Period. End of story. The numbers don't lie.

AR999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I must say many of the Apple lovers remind me of north Koreans with their obsession with jim kong Il and his fat son

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom

Give it a break. It's hardly a crippled phone. And I don't jailbreak eithe, I like it how it is, no other reason than that.

AR999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012

This, These people are clearly very easily taken in by apples marketing.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
You need to stop interpreting Cricical apple comments as troll comments and just accept lots of people (a whopping 45% on the poll) don't like what they see with ios 6.
Yeah this too. iOS users seem to think that Android users are jealous of iOS and are coming into the forum just to start trouble for no reason except to be irrationally destructive.

The truth of the matter is that Android users are trying to tell you the truth that your mobile OS paradigm is severely limited by Apple's artificially low standards. It's not jealousy. It's reality.

iOS6 still can't even download files with Safari in this beta, which is something you could do with a Blackberry phone from 2004. It's ludicrous.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
Calidude, if your beloved Android was so superior...why are you spending time trolling around APPLE forums? Why the hell do you care? Kind of makes my point yet again.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England

They haven't taken care of it... perhaps you haven't seen the plethora of threads on this forum discussing how Google Maps are superior?

Much more mature maps, transit navigation, walking directions, street view, (soon) offline maps. Some of the satellite images Apple has are a blurry mess.

They now have A maps application with turn by turn, but does it beat Google? Not by a long shot.

AR999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
They haven't taken care of it... perhaps you haven't seen the plethora of threads on this forum discussing how Google Maps are superior?

Much more mature maps, transit navigation, walking directions, street view, (soon) offline maps. Some of the satellite images Apple has are a blurry mess.

They now have A maps application with turn by turn, but does it beat Google? Not by a long shot.

He has convinced himself all the negative comments are from jealous android users lol, talk about deluded.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008

Perhaps you and the other Android shills have not figured out IOS6 is NOT RELEASED. When there is a FINAL SHIPPING PRODUCT we can have another look. Of course nothing Apple released would satisfy a fAndroid.

All these "threads" are speculation and innuendo over an UNRELEASED, UNFINISHED PRODUCT. Is that really tough to comprehend? It would be like me telling you how much Jelly Bean sucks ass when it is nowhere to be found just yet.

----------

He has convinced himself all the negative comments are from jealous android users lol, talk about deluded.

Considering 9/10 or better are using Android (and either admit it outright or specify it in their signatures) I'd say I'm spot on. "Oh god this sucks" "Oh that really sucks" "Apple blows chunks" "PS, I use a Galaxy Note!" LMAO :D :D :D

AR999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Perhaps you and the other Android shills have not figured out IOS6 is NOT RELEASED. When there is a FINAL SHIPPING PRODUCT we can have another look. Of course nothing Apple released would satisfy a fAndroid.

All these "threads" are speculation and innuendo over an UNRELEASED, UNFINISHED PRODUCT. Is that really tough to comprehend? It would be like me telling you how much Jelly Bean sucks ass when it is nowhere to be found just yet.

Lol, the Maps Images aren't stored locally on the device, the fact it's in beta is not relevant, same imagery will be sent from the servers when the maps app is final, please understand this.

Ps. Stop getting your jimmies rustled.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England

Perhaps you don't know what beta means?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

"Beta
Beta (named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet) is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete."

Apple will be looking to fix bugs now before they release iOS6, there won't be any drastic changes. What you see now is what you will get in the final version, only everything might work a little bit more fluidly and it should be slightly more stable.

You don't release a beta, where the software is FEATURE COMPLETE, with half-assed maps. Half-assed maps should have become full featured maps by the time the software goes into the beta stage, if they were going to be fully fledged at all.

All they will do is just release the maps as they are, and update them when they release iOS 7. They just did the exact same thing with Siri.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
All they will do is just release the maps as they are, and update them when they release iOS 7. They just did the exact same thing with Siri.

Why aren't you fawning over your Galaxy S3 then?

If it so superior, Android so mighty, the be-all to end-all...why do you feel it necessary to TROLL Apple forums constantly?

I think we both know the answer. Fear is an incredible motivator. :D :D :D

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Calidude, if your beloved Android was so superior...why are you spending time trolling around APPLE forums? Why the hell do you care? Kind of makes my point yet again.
I just got my Nexus last week. Give me time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.