Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MewTech

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Been running 10.8 DP3 for a few days. Got my mail account all set up, iCloud, calender, stuff like that. I've yet to get any notifications to work on incoming e-mails or anything.

Just upgraded to 10.8 DP4 a few minutes ago. Got Facebook and Twitter set up. Along with mail and calender etc etc.

Still no notifications at all. Am I missing something?

EDIT: No one?

Last edited:

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Been running 10.8 DP3 for a few days. Got my mail account all set up, iCloud, calender, stuff like that. I've yet to get any notifications to work on incoming e-mails or anything.

Just upgraded to 10.8 DP4 a few minutes ago. Got Facebook and Twitter set up. Along with mail and calender etc etc.

Still no notifications at all. Am I missing something?

EDIT: No one?

Ditto. Send an e-mail to myself and it shows a bade (Sparrow) but nothing in the notifications area.

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Same issue

I just posted before the same issue.

I only get email and messages notifications.

No twitter, no facebook, no reminders or calendars ... nothing..

MewTech

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Ditto. Send an e-mail to myself and it shows a bade (Sparrow) but nothing in the notifications area.

1) Not sure if Sparrow works with Notification Center.

2) Upon loading Mail in DP4, it told me my account needed to update. After that, mail launched, and notifications proceeded to work for mail (as long as the app is running)

Still no notifications for Facebook, Twitter, or anything else. But Mail works.

macachia

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
how do you even add Facebook and twitter to the notifications? I clearly remember the event showing a twitter post through the notifications bar

Cheers

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
So I'm guessing most of you got ML from some source other than the ADC because if you got it from ADC you would know that there's a Facebook SDK to download.

macachia

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Not really, installed osx facebook developer preview but it only adds the option in safari's share button and not in the notifications bar

MewTech

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Not really, installed osx facebook developer preview but it only adds the option in safari's share button and not in the notifications bar

As an addition to my earlier post. When I opened mail, and it "updated" my account. Upon opening the notification center, I got the share butons for Facebook and Twitter.

wsw1217

macrumors member
May 21, 2012
the notification will only show the email alerts when Mail's running.
is that push notification possible like ios?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.