Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Naticola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to using apple as well. So I greatly appreciate any assistance you can give me.

I have a end user that has uploaded a .png image file in an MDM (mobile device management) application. The idea is that they can view the .png file on their ipad. They want to be able to open the file through a third-party app (apple application).

I cannot find a apple app that will a user to view a .png file and save it.

For example, I understand that iBooks is used to read and store ebooks and pdf files. I basically need to find an app that will work in the same way, once located I can advise the end user to install that application on ther device.

I've been searching forums and the app store all morning with no joy.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Nat

Mdifilm

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2010
Cleveland
I just did a search on app store for png and got a few listed. However I have been using Dropbox and it opens ongoing and being able to save to the iPad or back to Dropbox.

Naticola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
I just did a search on app store for png and got a few listed. However I have been using Dropbox and it opens ongoing and being able to save to the iPad or back to Dropbox.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Are any of the other apps you found Free?

With Drop Box, do you set it to automatically open all image file extensions?

Or with an Apple device if you try and open a file and you have a relevant app installed it will already know what to open it in?

In this case if the end user installed Dropbox, if they go to open the png file it would divert ti Dropbox allowing them to save it?

Sorry for the silly question, I just have no clue what Apple can and cant do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.