Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mecfire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Hopefully this makes sense - Is there any benefit to waiting a few weeks/months to buy the new MBA from a component standpoint? Does apple ever make tweaks/changes to work out bugs as the new models get used by consumers?

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
No, not usually.

Plus, this is already the retweaked model. 3rd revision matter of fact. Any kinks that may have shown up in the redesigned 2010 MBA model are all gone by now.

Get it now.

mecfire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Plus, this is already the retweaked model. 3rd revision matter of fact. Any kinks that may have shown up in the redesigned 2010 MBA model are all gone by now.

That's a good point. Thanks for the input!

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
The only macbook air's issue i was having was the first gen. It gets hot alot made the air unusable at all with all those jerky stuttering mouse and system.

Rev B is better but still having a hot issue, but the system is still usable.

The redesigned macbook air in 2010 until now, all have no issue at all.

I have all the macbook airs from rev a b c to 2010, 2011 and soon is gonna be 2012 :D

sarah11918

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Canada
Personally, I'm going to wait until the machines have Mountain Lion installed on them. I'm still on Snow Leopard, not in a terrible hurry, and I figure it's not worth the hassle of changing operating systems for a month.

But hardware-wise, I can't think of a reason to wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.