Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeyboyyy91

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Hi guys and gals.

Having some quite annoying problems trying to update my macbook to 10.7.4 from 10.7.3.

Specs:
Macbook Aluminium (Late 2008) 2.0 GHZ Core 2 Duo
8GB Ram
64GB Crucial SSD.

Ok, so the first time I tried updating to 10.7.4 everything went smoothly until it restarted to finish the updates. At which point it tries to show the log on screen, but then defaults back to a white screen, and then a grey screen with the mouse curser appearing in the top left corner. This is then immediately repeated and will continue indefinitely.

The only way to get it working again is too boot from a time machine back up and restore back to 10.7.3. I have tried updating on 5 separate occasions, and each time had exactly the same problem, and had to do a restore back to 10.7.3 each time. I have tried uninstalling various bits of third party software to see if it might have been an application affecting the install; however I have had no luck at all.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have never had a problem like this before, and would consider myself to be some-what of an expert at fixing anything mac, whether it be hardware or software. It pains me to say it, but i think on this occasion, I am truly stumped.

joeyboyyy91

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to boot into safe mode and it does work successfully.
However, booting normally afterwards, I have the same problem.

Anything else you could suggest?

I have done everything else I can think of, whether I though it might help or not!
Including:
SMC Reset
PRAM Reset
Verify & Repair permissions
Clear caches etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.