PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: AMD Athlon PC

danny_w
Jul 19, 2005, 10:54 PM
I've got the following pc that I would like to sell or trade for aan Apple laptop. It is the system I was running until I switched to a mac mini last January. It is a great system that I built last summer and have all of the receipts for.

AMD Athlon 2500+
Abit AN7 Motherboard
..nForce Ultra 400 chipset
..AGP4X/8X
..SATA 150 RAID built-in
..6-channel audio built-in
..10/100 LAN
..Firewire
..6 USB2 ports (2 on front)
Black Kingwin Aluminum Case & P/S (really nice!)
Thermaltake Silentboost cpu cooler
512MB Geil matched DDR RAM (2x256)
120GB WD IDE/ATA Hard Drive
Sony 3.5" floppy drive
Sony CD/DVD Drive
DVD+-RW Burner
Sony AIT Tape Drive
GeForce 5900XT Video (w/Video Capture Input)

I just hate to see this beautiful system sitting on my desk and not getting used. I currently have both Windows 2000 and Novell Desktop Linux loaded on this machine, but don't have a ;icensed disk for Win2k. I would consider installing and testing whatever you want on this machine.

I would prefer something local to make the transaction smoother and cut down on shipping. I live in the Austin, TX area.

EDIT: Revised the description to add more info.

danny_w
Jul 21, 2005, 01:20 PM
No interest? I know this is not a pc site, but this was my pride and joy before switching to a mini. I just hate to see it sitting there so lonely and all, and nobody getting any use out of it.

danny_w
Jul 23, 2005, 04:06 PM
BUMP. Added more info to the description.

acedickson
Jul 23, 2005, 09:43 PM
How much were you looking to get for the machine?

danny_w
Jul 23, 2005, 10:00 PM
How much were you looking to get for the machine?
I don't really know, but I just want it to go to somebody that will use it. Now that I have my mini, it hardly ever gets turned on. Just the AIT tape drive by itself is worth several hundred, although I don't expect to get that for it. I was thinking of advertising the whole thing locally for about $350. What do you think?

doucy2
Jul 23, 2005, 10:11 PM
sent PM

acedickson
Jul 23, 2005, 10:52 PM
PM sent!