PDA

View Full Version : FS: PowerMac G3 all in one turned into G4 w/ a sweet paint job

asthma
Jul 20, 2005, 09:37 AM
Total $504.00
Asking $550.00 or best offer.

This is a one of a kind PowerMac G3 All In One. Itís a great Mac for the fanatic or for a first time user such as a student in Middle or High School. The paint job on this Mac is very nice!! Professionally painted with an airbrush! One of a kind you will never see a Mac like this again. Iíve been working on this Mac as a school project. I have been working on this machine for about 6 months. I have had no problems with it. I have it running almost at its optimal prime. If you would like to take it further you could increase the HDD capacity, the amount of RAM, and put a super drive in it. It has never been in a smokerís house, and has been treated with the best of care. This computer gets cleaned once a week! This computer came from a school it was the best one they had. Now Iíve made it the best one on the planet! Now that I am finished with it I am ready to sell it and buy another used computer and create another monster from a PowerMac G4 tower! There is no zip drive and I have not tested the floppy drive because I do not use floppy disks. It has a built in Ethernet card for high speed web browsing and networking, all other ports work and it is OSX compatible. Keyboard mouse and all other cables included. Thank you for your time!!!!

Sincerely,

Dave S.

Computer PowerMac G3 all in one
USB 2.0 5 port (BRAND NEW)
DVD ROM
500mhz G4 Processor (BRAND NEW)
3 sticks of PC100 64mb RAM
6mb of extra VRAM
80GB HDD (BRAND NEW)
custom paint job AIR BRUSH
software ilife ,03, os9.2.2 install disk, osX10.2.2 install disks (BRAND NEW SOFTWARE)
ship anywhere in the U.S.A VIA U.P.S

http://photos22.flickr.com/26842283_a190afe5be.jpg?v=0

http://photos21.flickr.com/26842284_f014110e10.jpg?v=0

http://photos21.flickr.com/26842282_3c09a6c70d.jpg?v=0

ITASOR
Jul 20, 2005, 10:41 AM
Uhh....Why are words airbrushed on the side and what do they say/mean?

asthma
Jul 20, 2005, 10:46 AM
Uhh....Why are words airbrushed on the side and what do they say/mean?

on the right side it says FBI on the left side it says Digital Mafia. you can obviously guess what the FBI stands for and digital mafia is just a cool name that i came up with.

madmaxmedia
Jul 20, 2005, 11:07 AM
Considering all the internal upgrades, I thought it was a pretty nice job. If you can, you might want to offer to paint over the words and pictures on the sides.

How did you add the USB 2 ports?

(I don't actually need the computer, just wondering... ;) )

ichoosedeath
Jul 20, 2005, 11:28 AM
Considering all the internal upgrades, I thought it was a pretty nice job. If you can, you might want to offer to paint over the words and pictures on the sides.

How did you add the USB 2 ports?

(I don't actually need the computer, just wondering... ;) )

Those All-in-ones have PCI Slots in 'em.

Counterfit
Jul 20, 2005, 12:17 PM
From the first pic, the top looks translucent, like a blueberry iMac...

Sharewaredemon
Jul 20, 2005, 12:34 PM

Naw that's an old all in one G3. I've seen on in my life..

dops7107
Jul 20, 2005, 03:39 PM
Has this thread been moderated?

cardiac dave
Jul 20, 2005, 03:50 PM
Has this thread been moderated?
I think so. There are rules against thread-crapping here right?

For the potential buyer/trader:

3. If you have no need for the items or don't like the price, items, payment method, or other terms, ignore the thread. Do not post negative remarks about the sale or seller based on their offer, or suggest to others that they buy other products or buy/trade at other sites. Do not try to derail somebody else's sale by posting in the thread. Let shoppers make their own decisions.

jtfolden
Jul 20, 2005, 11:23 PM

The top and rear of AIO machines are translucent, though, normally it's sort of a pinkish-grey plastic.

asthma
Jul 21, 2005, 07:38 AM
what the PowerMac looked like was a really ugly beige for the most part. and a ok looking translucent silver for the top and back.

asthma
Jul 28, 2005, 09:11 AM
if you pay the extra shipping and handelling and an extra $30.00 ill throw in an xbox that works with two controllers and a game! :)

kingcrowing
Jul 28, 2005, 11:46 AM
what is the screen? color? 1024x768? size?

dsharits
Jul 28, 2005, 11:56 AM
what is the screen? color? 1024x768? size?
15" screen, 16 bit color, 1024x768 max resolution.

asthma
Jul 29, 2005, 06:57 AM
15" screen, 16 bit color, 1024x768 max resolution.

yes its 16bit. but it can go millions and thats what its set on right now! ;)

shane1
Jul 29, 2005, 11:14 AM
yes its 16bit. but it can go millions and thats what its set on right now! ;)

Um, which is it.. 16bit color, or millions of colors...

dsharits
Jul 29, 2005, 11:37 AM
Um, which is it.. 16bit color, or millions of colors...
It's 16 bit (http://apple-history.com/frames/g3aio.html). It can output millions of colors, but the built-in 15" display can only display thousands of colors.

ReanimationLP
Jul 31, 2005, 10:07 PM
Willing to part it out? To be quite honest, I dont think you'll be able to get the price you want. Espically with the paint job. :(

I'm interested in the HD and the G4 chip.

pmartin
Jul 31, 2005, 11:37 PM
I'm not interested in buying this, as I have my own G3 AIO with spliced video to accomodate standard PCI video cards on the internal monitor, but I just wanted to say that I like the paintjob. I love these machines and they are remarkably upgradable, although they are starting to show their age now and no longer accept new upgrades. You may want to consider lowering you price on this a bit or selling it on ebay.

asthma
Aug 1, 2005, 10:06 AM
I'm not interested in buying this, as I have my own G3 AIO with spliced video to accomodate standard PCI video cards on the internal monitor, but I just wanted to say that I like the paintjob. I love these machines and they are remarkably upgradable, although they are starting to show their age now and no longer accept new upgrades. You may want to consider lowering you price on this a bit or selling it on ebay.

if no one buys my AIO im gonna do the pci video card hack i have seen it on a website it looks like a fun challenge! :)

asthma
Aug 2, 2005, 07:33 AM
i'll trade for good working G4 graphite mini tower any G4 mini tower between 400mhz-500mhz. such as a AGP Graphics give me an offer and maybe we can swap. and ill give you the xbox if you want it you just have to pay shipping. i only have till the end of this week to sell it. thanx for looking :)

doucy2
Aug 2, 2005, 08:01 AM
sent PM about powermac

asthma
Aug 4, 2005, 06:52 AM
sorry the xbox has been sold. ive decided that selling my macintosh isnt going top work so ive decided that im willing to swap or trade for a B&W G3 tower w/ a 500mhz G4 processor or a G4 mini tower in good working condition send pm. if possible to swap for a G4 minitower i have a brand new copy of forza motorsport that i will give to you for free its only been used once! ;)

asthma
Aug 15, 2005, 04:28 PM
forza motorsport has been sold sorry. but im still willing to trade. ;)

jamesW135
Aug 16, 2005, 04:33 PM
No offense or anything, but why the hell did you do that?

asthma
Aug 16, 2005, 05:35 PM
No offense or anything, but why the hell did you do that?

UUUHHH What did i do? :(

drison
Aug 16, 2005, 05:52 PM
UUUHHH What did i do? :(

Hehe, I think he was just asking why you painted the Mac. I think it's pretty cool although I would never have a use for such an old system.
-Dave