Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey.

I'm getting prompted to enter my iCloud password on all my devices. When I do it says it's incorrect. Is anyone else noticing this?

saxondale.

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
England/China
exactly the same thing is happening to me. it also happened to me about a week ago, only after changing my password would it work. but i have a feeling iCloud is down...

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
It's very frustrating. They haven't updated their service status page since yesterday.

It surely can't be affecting just the 2 of us!?

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hopefully since it's not just me that it's affecting, it'll mean that my account hasn't been hacked but how would I tell for certain?

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Well i went ahead and changed my password, everything now works :confused:

Yep, same for me.

I noticed that the new password now requires at least one capital letter. My old password didn't have this. Could this have been the reason? Maybe my password had expired and they forgot to notify me or something?

mtreys

macrumors member
May 22, 2012
College Station, TX
Yep, same for me.

I noticed that the new password now requires at least one capital letter. My old password didn't have this. Could this have been the reason? Maybe my password had expired and they forgot to notify me or something?

My iCloud didn't have me change my password but my iTunes account (different email address) did require me to change my password TWICE. Not quite sure why, but after the change things worked like normal again. No problems with my iCloud account yet though.

RDowson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
My iCloud ID and iTunes ID are the same account. Could have been the iTunes part that messed up which would also effect the iCloud part for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.