Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Halvard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
Are there any apps that let me view the photos on my Mac and transfer them to Camera Roll on my iPhone, without me being close to my mac?

Let's say I'm downstairs and I want to send this image I have on my mac to my buddy. Can I access my mac, export the picture I want, and save it on my iPhone?

I've been downloading 10 thousand apps and none of them helps me.

Please reply! :)

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Have you tried photosync? I searched and search, and finally settled on it and it does a very nice job of moving pictures around. Not sure about moving TO the iPhone.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont

[Edit: Never mind, I found it in the URL. I had done that already, and could find it, but that is because it is an iPhone only app. Why do developers only create iPhone only apps with now three gens of iPads?]

What's the name of the app you are recommending? I get an Browser Redirect error when clicking on the link.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Benelux

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2012
[Edit: Never mind, I found it in the URL. I had done that already, and could find it, but that is because it is an iPhone only app. Why do developers only create iPhone only apps with now three gens of iPads?]

What's the name of the app you are recommending? I get an Browser Redirect error when clicking on the link.

Thanks!

:) i will ask to developer that :)

ka-spot

Suspended
May 23, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
Are there any apps that let me view the photos on my Mac and transfer them to Camera Roll on my iPhone, without me being close to my mac?

Let's say I'm downstairs and I want to send this image I have on my mac to my buddy. Can I access my mac, export the picture I want, and save it on my iPhone?

Just an idea, if I understand correctly. You can use remote desktop connection from iPhone with app and mail the picture to yourself, then download it from the phone.. You can skip the fisrt step if you are directly on the mac..

kchamussy

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
Hi everyone,

We developed an app just for that, transferring from computer (mac or windows) to iPhone and vice versa. Here is the website of the app and the link to the app on the app store:

http://phototransferapp.com/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-transfer-app/id365152940?mt=8

The app lets you transfer photos and videos over your wifi network. Let us know if you have questions, we hope the app will be useful to you!

DISCLAIMER: I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
for me, the app called 'transfr' has been the most reliable, also work with bluetooth between iOS devices, convenient when you don't have an internet connection

hunterhunter

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2013
Maybe this will work

I'm using Fly Transfer to help me transfer files between iOS devices and computer.

Good thing is you can not only transfer photos or videos, but also all other kinds of files, in high speed.

Last edited:

EvilQueen

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2013
In my own world
I too vote for dropbox--and now they are offering an extra 3GB of free storage if you allow them to put your iPhoto contents into Dropbox.

i would need way...way more than 3 gig to put mu iPhoto contents onto dropbox. LOL I keep telling my husband I need more space and he keeps adding more little boxes by the computer. So far there are 6 little boxes. Says they are a terabyte. Whatever. As long as I can keep saving my stuff.

Oscarce

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2013
If you have iPhoto, it works the best. Make sure you have the latest updates.

Otherwise, use image capture, in the applications folder.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.