Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snowychick2005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2009
Hi,

I cannot seems to find the solution to my problem. So I hope someone from the forum will be able to help me out.

I used to be able to preview all my songs on my macbook pro when I viewed them in icon view. But recently, I cannot do it when I download new songs. In my macbook, there is only one song that I can preview it in icon view. When I hover over the icon, there is the play button. For other songs, the play button doesn't appear. I am not quite sure why is that so. Can anyone help me?

My Macbook Pro is running on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4. Please help! Thanks.

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
All the file format of my songs are mp3. I realised even my videos, which are mp4, are all can be preview in icon view.

That's quite strange. Do they play when you hit the space bar or with iTunes/QuickTime? If no, then it probably means they are either corrupt or the system cannot read them.

Can you try another thing? :

Open that directory in icon/thumbnail view and from the menu bar, select View --> Show View Options...

Set the icon size to 120 X 120.

Can you then see the play button?

snowychick2005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2009
That's quite strange. Do they play when you hit the space bar or with iTunes/QuickTime? If no, then it probably means they are either corrupt or the system cannot read them.

Can you try another thing? :

Open that directory in icon/thumbnail view and from the menu bar, select View --> Show View Options...

Set the icon size to 120 X 120.

Can you then see the play button?

When i hit space bar, my songs can be played perfectly.

I changed tha icon size. When i change the size, the songs that initially can be preview is now unable to be preview at all. There is no changes for the rest of the songs. When i change back to the size to 64 x 64, everything go back to as before i change the size!

Strange...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.