Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alflavor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Whittlesey, UK
So I got my 1st mac in 2010, this base 11 inch air that I am writing this on - I love it, and it compliments well with my i devices.

I was looking to get an iMac to replace my windows desktop, but have decided against that for now - so instead I want to get the latest air.

I have had a play on a 2011 machine inshore and really felt the difference compared to this one - so am hoping for good things! It's not as if the 2010 machine is slow, far from it, just a little laggy at times - ever so slightly.

Will 128gb suffice for my needs? - I'd like this next one to last me 3 years if possible - I want to get all my music on there, approx 30gb, and approx. 10gb photos - at the moment I administer my iTunes through windows, and all my photos I manage with Picasa. I'll probably still keep those files as a backup, but use iPhoto lot more I think.

I will certainly max out the ram to 8gb - do kind of wish I had put 4gb into this one.

So if I go for 8gb and 128gb SSD, do folks think this machine will do me for 3 years?

Also what can I expect to get back for my current machine, say on eBay - I'm in the UK - quick search suggested £400? Seems OK I guess?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.