PDA

View Full Version : iBook display problem

d_saum
Jul 21, 2005, 02:24 AM
Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you have had this problem? Every once in a while, my display on my iBook gets all screwed up and I have to reboot. It becomes distorted and then freezes. It looks like a hardware issue, but a reboot corrects it temporarily. Any ideas? Also, has there been any recalls on the ibook? I could swear I remember hearing about one for a display issue, but where would I find out for sure? Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Dave

d_saum
Jul 21, 2005, 02:32 AM
I found it.....Guess Im sending it in to be repaired!

http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/

d_saum
Jul 25, 2005, 02:11 PM
I called Apple about the repair program they had, and I missed it by about 4 months. So I asked nicely and praised Apple and told them about how many people I've preached to and converted blah blah blah.... Next thing I hear is "Do you mind holding for a minute?" So I say sure. The next thing I know, I have a case number and they are giving me instructions on how the shipping will be done and approximately how long the repair will take!!!! All for FREE!!!! YEAAH BABY!!!! Once again, it has been proven.... APPLE ROCKS LIKE NO OTHER!!!! :D

Dave ....happy bastard!

devilot
Jul 25, 2005, 03:00 PM
I'm glad this is going to happen for you! But what do you mean you missed the repair cut-off by 4 months?

ITASOR
Jul 25, 2005, 03:06 PM
How long is the Expanded iBook Logic Board Repair Extension Program available?
The program covers affected iBooks for three years after the first retail sale of the unit or until March 18, 2005, whichever provides longer coverage for you. Apple will continue to evaluate the repair data and will provide further repair extensions as needed.

^

d_saum
Jul 25, 2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah, it ended in March so.... I was out. I cant tell you how grateful I am to Apple. Now they've done it... Im an even BIGGER mac nut!