Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I've been using my me.com for iCloud sync, but now I'm trying to stick with my gmail account. Is there a good way to change over my iCloud stuff to my gmail email address? Im not doing mail anymore, but I want to switch over my calendar, contacts, notes, and bookmarks. I don't think anything else matters.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I've been trying to switch my email for icloud for 6 months but I don't think it's possible. When I signed up I was on hotmail, but have since switched to gmail. What bugs me is I can change the e-mail used for my apple ID, but then can't also swap the emails for icloud..

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I've been trying to switch my email for icloud for 6 months but I don't think it's possible. When I signed up I was on hotmail, but have since switched to gmail. What bugs me is I can change the e-mail used for my apple ID, but then can't also swap the emails for icloud..

Apple does seem to make things like this difficult. I was thinking though that I don't really need to switch, I just want to save my information. So if I create a new account, if I have the cal, contacts, bookmarks, etc already on my computer I just don't want them to be lost. As long as it gives me the option to merge or keep whats on my computer I will be good. I'm just afraid of losing it somehow, even though I'm sure at iCloud.com it would still be there under my old email.

I thought though that the email I wanted to use for everything was going to work better, but it turns out I must have created an Apple id using it already, so I can't use it for my iTunes account because Apple won't cancel or merge accounts. Its really annoying, they need to fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.