Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

useletters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Upon receiving a replacement iPod touch from an Authorized Service Center, I saw dirts on the sides and corner, and mild dent on upper left and lower right of the unit, I was still in the service center when I saw them so I immediately returned it to them(service center) and they accepted it. Bottomline, Apple gave a dented replacement. Now, the Authorized Service Center said that Apple doesn't want to replace the unit and still trying to get it replaced from Apple. It is still covered from Apple 1year Warranty. What can I do?

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Take it up with Apple directly and bypass the authorized service center. Even if the service center has it open a case with Apple for the replacement. This isn't how they usually operate - although replacements are refurbs, I have yet to see an Apple supplied refurb that didn't look like a new one

useletters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Thank you for your reply. Well technically, there is no Apple store/center in our country(Philippines) only Authorized Service Centers. So most probably is I can give Apple Singapore a call, where I think the Authorized Service Center talks to. I know replacements are refurbs and as far as I browsed online, they are good as new. But the replacement they gave me and have been returned has, as I've said, dirts and dents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.