PDA

View Full Version : Apple Issues Software Update to Mountain Lion Developer Preview 4

MacRumors
Jun 18, 2012, 03:27 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/18/apple-issues-software-update-to-mountain-lion-developer-preview-4/)

Apple has issued a software update (http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/18/apple-releases-update-to-os-x-mountain-lion-developer-preview-4/) via the Mac App Store to Mountain Lion Developer Preview 4, originally released (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/11/apple-releases-os-x-mountain-lion-developer-preview-4/) last week.

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/06/NewImage21.png

This update is the second time Apple has updated the Mountain Lion Developer Preview via the Mac App Store rather than releasing an entirely new DP -- Apple issued a similar update (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/16/apple-updates-mountain-lion-developer-preview-to-build-12a206j/) in May.

Apple did not specify changes in the update, saying only that it "is recommended for all users running OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview 4. With Mountain Lion's final release expected next month, Apple should be moving towards a final build soon.

Among other things, the update adds support (http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/18/mountain-lion-developer-preview-4-update-brings-new-facebook-notification-settings/) for more Facebook notifications and PowerNap support for supported machines. It weighs in (http://twitter.com/#!/markgurman/status/214816731716255745) at 1.08GB and has a build number of 12A248, up from 12A239 previously.

Article Link: Apple Issues Software Update to Mountain Lion Developer Preview 4 (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/18/apple-issues-software-update-to-mountain-lion-developer-preview-4/)

Michaelgtrusa
Jun 18, 2012, 03:28 PM
They are working fast.

rdowty
Jun 18, 2012, 03:31 PM
It looks like Mail was changed somehow. I got a welcome message when launching mail after this install.

swb1192
They are working fast.

There's still a ton of bugs, so they have a lot to clean up before next month.

dagamer34
They are working fast.

I'd assume that the developer preview released at WWDC was more than a week old. There's little point in releasing a super buggy build created on June 10th that crashes on boot.

koruki
Jun 18, 2012, 03:44 PM
They should just put Puma back on sale and see if anyone notices :cool:

bushido
Jun 18, 2012, 03:49 PM
It looks like Mail was changed somehow. I got a welcome message when launching mail after this install.

i think Mail always does this after an upgrade to update the mail library

NoIdeasOriginal
Jun 18, 2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks, downloading now! Very happy with Mountain Lion thus far. I feel it is what Lion should have been.

Warbrain
Jun 18, 2012, 03:50 PM

i think Mail always does this after an upgrade to update the mail library

There's your answer, rdowty. Every update to the developer previews has done this of late.

Hopefully this fixes the odd Safari bug I found. You couldn't start any string in the location bar with the letter "r" without it crashing when you typed any letter following it.

kissmo
Jun 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
Until now I had to have discrete graphics enabled.
Early 2011 MBP 17 inch - integrated graphics - very sluggish....

I hope they fixed safari bug - application quits out of nowhere.

bushido
Jun 18, 2012, 03:54 PM
3 minutes :) lets hope they fixed the safari crashing & the facebook birthday calendar bug

wsw1217
Jun 18, 2012, 03:57 PM
I had spotlight issue. it cannot be activated occasionally neither by shortcuts nor by clicking the top right corn. Anyone has the same issue?

ermoore
Jun 18, 2012, 03:58 PM
has anyone got parallels 7 working in the mountain lion developer preview?

Killa Aaron
Jun 18, 2012, 04:00 PM
This is build 10.8 (12A248) and safari is build 6.0 (8536.19).

wsw1217
Jun 18, 2012, 04:00 PM

it's working fine on DP4, which is my first time to use the software.
btw, i am very new to the Mac world.
I don't have any issues.

ermoore
Jun 18, 2012, 04:01 PM
it's working fine on DP4, which is my first time to use the software.
btw, i am very new to the Mac world.
I don't have any issues.

maybe I need to re-install...

tooobe
Jun 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
System Settings would hang when i chose Power settings before. This fixed that. Also it now specifically says "Powernap" in the power settings, before it was just an option to fetch data while in sleep. Only things i noticed so far.

kemo
Jun 18, 2012, 04:05 PM

ofcourse, you got any issues?

CaryMacGuy
Jun 18, 2012, 04:05 PM
Installing now...I hope that it fixes the MenuTab bug where it randomly opens the Finder when MenuTab is open

Telp
Jun 18, 2012, 04:06 PM
It seems to add the quick compose Facebook option in Notification Center. Still looking around.

kemo
Jun 18, 2012, 04:06 PM
I hope this gonna fix Network issues after waking up.

I just cant obtain an IP address after wake up my MBP (type in my signature below)

ermoore
Jun 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
ofcourse, you got any issues?

well, at first after installed dp4 I would just click the parallels icon and it would show up for a second then disappear. I just recently reinstalled parallels and now it opens, but gives me some virutalization error then won't start up.

Jamie0003
Jun 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
It seems to add the quick compose Facebook option in Notification Center. Still looking around.

Didn't Apple say that Facebook support was coming in the fall with iOS6? So why are they including it in the dev preview?

bushido
Jun 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
this is new isnt it? or it wasnt enabled by default at least

http://i49.tinypic.com/34gv9mu.png

(display notifications and banners)

Didn't Apple say that Facebook support was coming in the fall with iOS6? So why are they including it in the dev preview?

to test it? it was a standalone "facebook developer preview.dmg" before, guess they added it to this built by default now

---

edit: facebook birthday bug in iCal remains :( still displays "birthday" after you disable facebook contacts unless you reboot

Cougarcat
Jun 18, 2012, 04:11 PM

That was there (provided you installed the FB Developer preview.)

Safari bug is fixed.

kemo
Jun 18, 2012, 04:12 PM
well, at first after installed dp4 I would just click the parallels icon and it would show up for a second then disappear. I just recently reinstalled parallels and now it opens, but gives me some virutalization error then won't start up.

These issues I was having on Parallels 6 since ML DP1, but didn't experienced any of these after updated to Parallels 7.

Are you sure you have latest version of Parallels 7?

Here's mine: https://skitch.com/unnamed-c8kc/eb1x1/about-parallels-desktop

T.

seecoolguy
Jun 18, 2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks, downloading now! Very happy with Mountain Lion thus far. I feel it is what Lion should have been.

When I was on snow leopard (for my now aging mac) it was very speed, but going to Lion on 4gb of ram I've noticed can feel slow at times, has this been addressed in Mountain Lion? my MBP is a 3,1 model 2.2ghz C2D.

Telp
Jun 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
That was there (provided you installed the FB Developer preview.)

Safari bug is fixed.

Was it? It must have defaulted to off then as it never appeared for me even with the FB Developer Preview installed.

Yamcha
Jun 18, 2012, 04:16 PM
The dock disappearing when accessing Launchpad is fixed.. But some games still not working..

davidChief
Jun 18, 2012, 04:17 PM
I had spotlight issue. it cannot be activated occasionally neither by shortcuts nor by clicking the top right corn. Anyone has the same issue?

Yes, had that earlier today. Working for me now after update/reboot.

kwiiboy
Jun 18, 2012, 04:17 PM
There's your answer, rdowty. Every update to the developer previews has done this of late.

Hopefully this fixes the odd Safari bug I found. You couldn't start any string in the location bar with the letter "r" without it crashing when you typed any letter following it.

I thought I was alone! That was so strange...

davidChief
Jun 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
How do I go about testing Facebook integration then? Is there is a separate installer?

bushido
Jun 18, 2012, 04:19 PM
they got rid of the "Power Nap" toggle on none-supported machines

How do I go about testing Facebook integration then? Is there is a separate installer?

yep "facebook developer preview.dmg" or something like that. its only around 300 kb

kemo
Jun 18, 2012, 04:24 PM
They've fixed the Network Issue! Thanks Apple.

GoGa
Jun 18, 2012, 04:33 PM
Animations feel a lot smoother on my late 2009 iMac :)

vigilant
Jun 18, 2012, 04:33 PM
Overall, outside typical development preview issues, Mountain Lion has been overall stable for me. This build however though brought a certain level of smoothness that the others lacked. Notifications Center doesn't seem as difficult to pull up. Launchpad isn't acting weird when I start typing.

Thats just from using it for a few minutes. Nothing mind blowing, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

kemo
Jun 18, 2012, 04:36 PM
Animations feel a lot smoother on my late 2009 iMac :)

Mission control is much more smoother for me, too!

Cougarcat
Jun 18, 2012, 04:41 PM
The graphics glitch that appears when you dismiss an app's notifications in the NC is still there.

Getting close though...

treichert
Jun 18, 2012, 04:49 PM
Behold, the Zebra Wallpaper!!!! :eek::D

MikeCP
Jun 18, 2012, 04:59 PM
This hasn't fixed my iCloud contacts issue:

On one of my Macs my contacts app is just empty. Can't seem to get it to fill up with my iCloud data. Signed out and signed in, turned off and on contact sync.

Have reported...

getinline1
Jun 18, 2012, 04:59 PM

I take it you couldn't browse to reddit for the past week either?

stephenophof
Jun 18, 2012, 05:00 PM
Wi-Fi issue is still not solved after installing the software update.

OS X says it is connected to my Wi-Fi network and that it obtained an IP address, but I cannot load any web pages, App Store, and so on...
No problem in OS X Lion

(MacBook Pro 13", Early 2011)

Peace
Jun 18, 2012, 05:04 PM

OS X says it is connected to my Wi-Fi network and that it obtained an IP address, but I cannot load any web pages, App Store, and so on...
No problem in OS X Lion

Have you filed a bug report (http://bugreport.apple.com) ?

afurry13
Jun 18, 2012, 05:04 PM
so will the next one be the GM?

ScottishDuck
Jun 18, 2012, 05:18 PM

Likely, yes.

jabbawok
Jun 18, 2012, 05:24 PM

Unlikely.

I'd guess they'll probably knock out another build before release candidates. If the RC is bug free enoug, they'll declare it gold.

miniroll32
Jun 18, 2012, 05:25 PM
Very happy with Mountain Lion thus far. I feel it is what Lion should have been.

True, but this is Apple. Delaying these features by a year gives them an excuse to release another version of Lion and generate some extra profit ;)

lunarworks
Jun 18, 2012, 05:28 PM
They toned-down the ridiculous dock shadow.

Now it doesn't spread its shade all over your open windows.

wsw1217
Jun 18, 2012, 05:28 PM
it solve the issue of lag on swipes between launchpad pages.

Yamcha
Jun 18, 2012, 05:31 PM
Looks like the downloading bar on the dock has been updated..

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8089/screenshot20120618at430.png

MrViking
Jun 18, 2012, 05:40 PM
I have PowerNap on my 2009 MacBook Pro 15" :D

bushido
Jun 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
I have PowerNap on my 2009 MacBook Pro 15" :D

it won't stay enabled though aka not functional. weird that you still have it. that toggle disappeared after i just updated

brown3218
Jun 18, 2012, 05:46 PM
If I install this version of Mountain Lion will I be able to update to the official release? Or will I have to do a clean install when it's released?

MikhailT
Jun 18, 2012, 05:48 PM

No, there'll be a few more tiny software updates and then a full RC/GM build.

OS X tend to be released at the end of the month. Lion was released on July 30th and ML is likely to be released on Friday, July 27th. So there's still more than a month left. Apple can release a GM one week before the final release date since it's all MAS now.

funkyp56
Jun 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
it won't stay enabled though aka not functional. weird that you still have it. that toggle disappeared after i just updated

What Macbook do you have? I am really interested to see what Devices support PowerNap.

portishead
Jun 18, 2012, 05:49 PM
Still no Power Nap support for Retina MBP.

MrViking
Jun 18, 2012, 05:55 PM

Damn! I thought it might have been to the fact that I have an SSD.. ;<

ghostface147
Jun 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
There's still a ton of bugs, so they have a lot to clean up before next month.

How about the hilarious oversight where in more gestures under trackpad the notification gesture video is the same as the show desktop video. That and plus the actual swipe doesn't work. lol

UPDATE: It has been fixed.

MrObvius
Jun 18, 2012, 05:58 PM
Can someone send me the facebook integration file. I have the previous file, but in settings in NC there is no facebook, so i need the new one.

email:klemn atsign me.com

funkyp56
Jun 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
Can someone send me the facebook integration file. I have the previous file, but in settings in NC there is no facebook, so i need the new one.

email:klemn atsign me.com

http://*****.com/

MrObvius
Jun 18, 2012, 06:05 PM
http://*****.com/
This is the old one. Its from 17th june.

funkyp56
Jun 18, 2012, 06:08 PM
This is the old one. Its from 17th june.

It will be there eventually. Chill. ;)

Rocketman
Jun 18, 2012, 06:21 PM
pre-WWDC build #A239 post-WWDC build #A249, delta 9.
WWDC 6-11-12, today 6-18-12, delta 7.

The numbers are probably nightly builds. Since my endpoints are not firmly determined.

bedifferent
Jun 18, 2012, 06:27 PM
oooooo, what do we get now, new mouse pointers to match a shiny, fun dock? :rolleyes:

wsw1217
Jun 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
is this the new feature in Safari? The tabs shows the no of pages of the threads.
I am new to Safari. So I am not familiar with safari. This might be a old feature that i didn't notice.

penguintri
Jun 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
This has brought back a lot of the snappiness in the animations for me. Except for four finger swiping between spaces with safari windows in them is still very laggy. They're only laggy if there's a safari window though, really smooth otherwise! Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on a 2011 air.

MrViking
Jun 18, 2012, 06:44 PM
This has brought back a lot of the snappiness in the animations for me. Except for four finger swiping between spaces with safari windows in them is still very laggy. They're only laggy if there's a safari window though, really smooth otherwise! Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on a 2011 air.

Same! 3 finger up with safari is smooth though!

I download the facebook-thing for notifactions, but i don't get notifications from this version?

soundfish
Jun 18, 2012, 06:49 PM

No problem in OS X Lion

i actually did have the same annoying issue in Lion, and it just disappeared in Mountain Lion.

wsw1217
Jun 18, 2012, 06:49 PM

Yes, It lags when safari is on full screen. When pages is on full screen, it is a little bit laggy, not too much, when swiping between different spaces. However, swiping between Launchpad pages doesn't lag anymore. I am very glad that Apple fixes this issue.
btw i am on 2011 air as well.

Rocketman
Jun 18, 2012, 06:53 PM
oooooo, what do we get now, new mouse pointers to match a shiny, fun dock? :rolleyes:I like Netscape - Firefox - Junior.

Add swipe sideways between active browser windows. You know what would be exceptionally cool? Last channel viewed for recheck, but with n-windows selected. Ie. follow 4 channels for activity, maybe even with a preview mode. 4x top thumbnail, 1x bottom full, swipe side to side.

The names are minimizing. Next? De Nada. Or the Mandarin Chinese symbol for that.

ghostface147
Jun 18, 2012, 07:22 PM
I would like if they'd include a picture of a mountain lion like they did for Lion. I'd use that as my login screen instead of the ugly gray background.

CyBeRino
Jun 18, 2012, 07:43 PM
No, there'll be a few more tiny software updates and then a full RC/GM build.

OS X tend to be released at the end of the month. Lion was released on July 30th and ML is likely to be released on Friday, July 27th. So there's still more than a month left. Apple can release a GM one week before the final release date since it's all MAS now.

While technically possible, Apple's QA process before any release barring showstopper bugs appears to be two weeks long. So far almost every release has been two weeks after a GM, regardless of distribution method.

The last time I remember it being shorter was when there was a second GM for some iPad iOS because the first GM basically broke wifi for a large amount of people.

funkyp56
Jun 18, 2012, 07:46 PM
What part of system preferences is Powernap under?

ghostface147
Jun 18, 2012, 08:05 PM
What part of system preferences is Powernap under?

If your machine is supported, energy saver.

Mr. Milk
Jun 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
As far as I googled it, only one guy had noticed an annoying spotlight problem: every 10 seconds mdworker was taking the processor to a high level, although all indexes were up to date. I had this happening on 3 different machines.

This DP4 update fixed it!!!!

digitalfx
Jun 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
they got rid of the "Power Nap" toggle on none-supported machines

where is the the Toggle?
I have a RMBP which should be supported and dont see any toggle

rick98761
Jun 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
where is the the Toggle?
I have a RMBP which should be supported and dont see any toggle

I don't have it either, I'm sure they will get it fixed by the final. On another note. the 1920x1200 resolution animations seems quite a bit smoother now. Almost on par with the default res.

MikhailT
Jun 18, 2012, 09:46 PM
I don't have it either, I'm sure they will get it fixed by the final. On another note. the 1920x1200 resolution animations seems quite a bit smoother now. Almost on par with the default res.

Smoother in what ways, like scrolling or you mean everything's just faster? I don't' think it has to do with the resolution but overall improvements to the graphics, it should be improved in all resolutions on all Macs.

FrancoisC
Jun 18, 2012, 10:55 PM
As far as I googled it, only one guy had noticed an annoying spotlight problem: every 10 seconds mdworker was taking the processor to a high level, although all indexes were up to date. I had this happening on 3 different machines.

This DP4 update fixed it!!!!

You were not alone, multiple people in the dev forum reported it too, me included :)

OmniDragon
Jun 18, 2012, 11:21 PM
I've seen articles on the web talking about Facebook integration into the system-wide sharing feature in Mountain Lion. I'm using the latest dev preview of Mountain Lion (just got an update for it this evening as well) and I don't see the ability to share via Facebook in the system-wide sharing feature.

GizmoDVD
Jun 18, 2012, 11:24 PM
I've seen articles on the web talking about Facebook integration into the system-wide sharing feature in Mountain Lion. I'm using the latest dev preview of Mountain Lion (just got an update for it this evening as well) and I don't see the ability to share via Facebook in the system-wide sharing feature.

Neither do I. I don't have the Zebra wallpaper either.

PreciousLuscious
Jun 19, 2012, 02:57 AM

Okay, I figured it out! First go back to your Apple Developer member area and go to the mountain lion tab, and find the FaceBook Developer Preview underneath the Mountain Lion Beta link. After you download that, install it. Okay, then System Preferences -> Mail, Contacts, & Calendar -> there will now be a Facebook option for setting up email, select it and use your account information as you would use to sign in on their webpage, and viola! It's now in your notification centre beside Twitter.

Hope that helps!

jamestechtaylor
Jun 19, 2012, 03:10 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the font in twitter on the notifications bar is really blurry ?

macadam212
Jun 19, 2012, 04:02 AM

Is it faster than lion? I've got a 2011 iMac and it is really slow with Lion.

MrNomNoms
Jun 19, 2012, 04:22 AM

Please read some news - it has been addressed multiple times via multiple sources:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/?newsid=3363722

I would have expected that since this is an enthusiast website that maybe people might had a clue on what is happening.

penguintri
Jun 19, 2012, 04:28 AM
Yes, It lags when safari is on full screen. When pages is on full screen, it is a little bit laggy, not too much, when swiping between different spaces. However, swiping between Launchpad pages doesn't lag anymore. I am very glad that Apple fixes this issue.
btw i am on 2011 air as well.

It's weird though it only seems to lag with the stock apple apps. itunes and iphoto as well as safari seem to lag the animation switching between spaces, however chrome for example is perfectly smooth!

212rikanmofo
Jun 19, 2012, 06:36 AM
Does this mean we'll be able to update to GM when it's available?

OmniDragon
Jun 19, 2012, 08:56 AM

lol I've got the zebra wallpaper along with a few others they added in there :p But, still no facebook sharing.

----------

Please read some news - it has been addressed multiple times via multiple sources:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/?newsid=3363722

I would have expected that since this is an enthusiast website that maybe people might had a clue on what is happening.

Thanks for that one link you went and found. Thanks for doing all that research, as well. Your enthusiasm overwhelms me. I'm curious, though. Have you seen this?

http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/18/mountain-lion-developer-preview-4-update-brings-new-facebook-notification-settings/

I tried to find more than one link, I swear I did. But, I guess I'm just not as enthusiastic as I used to be. :( I'm sure you can, though cause you're so totally awesome! /me bows in praise and admiration...

MikhailT
Jun 19, 2012, 09:26 AM
Does this mean we'll be able to update to GM when it's available?

It doesn't mean anything. IIRC, GMs are almost always full builds, so you have to re-download from MAS when its out and then install it over the current DPs.

bedifferent
Jun 19, 2012, 10:33 AM
Okay, I figured it out! First go back to your Apple Developer member area and go to the mountain lion tab, and find the FaceBook Developer Preview underneath the Mountain Lion Beta link. After you download that, install it. Okay, then System Preferences -> Mail, Contacts, & Calendar -> there will now be a Facebook option for setting up email, select it and use your account information as you would use to sign in on their webpage, and viola! It's now in your notification centre beside Twitter.

Hope that helps!

Just be warned, if you sync Facebook contacts it'll make a nice mess of your birthdays calendar. I also had to verify some of the contacts as it added some twice. Course most know that Contacts doesn't show double contacts if they are in more than one group, but rather lists which groups a contact belongs to which may also be confusing when having Facebook contacts in the mix.

milo
Jun 19, 2012, 10:41 AM

It could go either way. End of July is 6 weeks, there are rumors of July 19 but they could take the extra time if they need it.

In general it's pretty pointless to speculate whether any given build is the GM since there's no way to know, it's only a likely guess when it's just before an announced release date.

iBug2
Jun 19, 2012, 11:17 AM

Most likely. Lion was released on July 20th and Lion GM was released July 1st. So they probably will release the GM for Mountain Lion at the beginning of July. That gives them couple weeks only, so no need to get out another update before GM.

Edit: Who downvotes this? Seriously, what's in this message to downvote?

mrbyu
Jun 19, 2012, 12:49 PM
It really makes me wonder why you guys are experiencing these "slow" and "laggy" problems with Lion. I'm on a stock 2011 MBA 13" and for me everything's blazing fast since I bought the machine (8 months ago). Every program opens in no time (likely thanks to the SSD), every animation is smooth and perfect, except Safari, which still makes me cry with its laggy "top sites" window.

I'm really-really satisfied with the overall performance of Lion. I hope ML only makes this better.

nuckinfutz
Jun 19, 2012, 12:52 PM
It really makes me wonder why you guys are experiencing these "slow" and "laggy" problems with Lion. I'm on a stock 2011 MBA 13" and for me everything's blazing fast since I bought the machine (8 months ago). Every program opens in no time (likely thanks to the SSD), every animation is smooth and perfect, except Safari, which still makes me cry with its laggy "top sites" window.

I'm really-really satisfied with the overall performance of Lion. I hope ML only makes this better.

My experience as well. Lion runs just fine an a MBA save for Safari. I'm eager to get to Mountain Lion because of the better Safari and other polished features.

Glad I couldn't upgrade my old mini to Lion...it would have run unacceptably slow.

mrbyu
Jun 19, 2012, 01:29 PM
Btw I don't know if it's just me, but since the last update (for Retina MBP) iPhoto feels snappier :p

kazesama
Jun 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
Has anyone heared or actually self encountered the fact, that the remote control of the original apple headset doesn't work anymore since the patch today?

OmniDragon
Jun 19, 2012, 03:05 PM

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much, kind sir. That worked like a charm. You're a gentleman and a scholar! Much appreciated. :)

kazesama
Jun 19, 2012, 03:32 PM
I have to correct my previous post.

It's not, that the headset isn't working. It is the whole set of media Keys that don't work anymore!

Neither Play/Pause, nor Skip/Back are working with iTunes. I've read that this has happened before. Anyone else here encountering this issue?

PreciousLuscious
Jun 19, 2012, 07:30 PM
Thank you very much, kind sir. That worked like a charm. You're a gentleman and a scholar! Much appreciated. :)

Your Welcome! I love to help out anyway I can!

Lance-AR
Jun 19, 2012, 08:36 PM
See if they work when holding down Fn.

Futhark
Jun 19, 2012, 08:54 PM
Was it? It must have defaulted to off then as it never appeared for me even with the FB Developer Preview installed.

Once installed you needed to log in before it showed up. Same as twitter was

Futhark
Jun 19, 2012, 08:56 PM
Loving the new dictation in Mountain Lion. Anyone wishing to use it you have to turn it on as it's off by default. To presses of the Fn Key allows you to speak rather than type.

212rikanmofo
Jun 20, 2012, 01:33 AM
Loving the new dictation in Mountain Lion. Anyone wishing to use it you have to turn it on as it's off by default. To presses of the Fn Key allows you to speak rather than type.

How well does dictation mode work in mountain lion? Does it work just as good as on the iPad?

AnonMac50
Jun 20, 2012, 07:03 AM

How about a keyboard with no Fn key?

Futhark
Jun 20, 2012, 07:23 AM
How about a keyboard with no Fn key?

There's several options

http://img.tapatalk.com/6d94e8b8-c0b4-dec8.jpg

MrViking
Jun 20, 2012, 04:43 PM
The Facebook thing doesnt work here.

I can post statusupdates, actually the thing in the notifactioncenter won't go away :S

I don't get notifications though, they are turned on!

Anyone else?

fs454
Jun 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
Dictation does require an internet connection, right? That would be way awesome if this was a local affair that didn't need a Nuance server communication.

Rorlow
Jun 20, 2012, 05:44 PM
Glad that Fusion 4.1.3 (730298) now works in ML DP4

Lance-AR
Jun 20, 2012, 08:25 PM
Yes, the dictation requires an Internet connection which helps with accuracy and training.

cawaker
Jun 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
I'm trying to get this update to install, and i keep getting the error that theres an error expanding it, that it might be corrupt, etc. so its been re-downloaded 4 times and every time the same error.

Anyone else running into this?