PDA

View Full Version : Adobe stung because of MS settlement

vniow
Nov 5, 2002, 03:50 PM
Shares in Adobe Systems dropped Tuesday after a banking analyst issued a report saying the publishing-software giant may be hurt by last week's settlement of Microsoft's antitrust case.

Deutsche Bank analyst Peter Ausnit lowered the bank's rating on Adobe from "hold" to "sell." The downgrade was based partly on concerns that Friday's settlement of the Microsoft case on terms largely favorable to Microsoft will embolden the software giant to compete more directly with Adobe in key markets, including the one addressed by Adobe's Acrobat software for creating electronic documents. (http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1106-964584.html)

Umm yeah, MS is going to unseat PDF.

This I gotta see.

cubist
Nov 5, 2002, 04:09 PM
Of course I hate Microsoft. But Adobe had the gumption to prosecute Dmitri Skylarov under the DCMA. As a programmer, that makes Adobe my sworn enemy.

Nipsy
Nov 5, 2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by cubist
Of course I hate Microsoft. But Adobe had the gumption to prosecute Dmitri Skylarov under the DCMA. As a programmer, that makes Adobe my sworn enemy.

They also came to the realization that they'd gone too far, once the saw that he was in JAIL, and publicly reversed their position.

M$ would still be pushing for prosecution...

Cappy
Nov 5, 2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Nipsy

They also came to the realization that they'd gone too far, once the saw that he was in JAIL, and publicly reversed their position.

M$ would still be pushing for prosecution...

No...they'd probably hire him.

Beej
Nov 6, 2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Cappy

No...they'd probably hire him. What are you talking about? Why would they hire him? To improve security on their own products? Now that's a joke! ;)