Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2006
So I just got a 27in Apple Thunderbolt Monitor. The thing is freaking amazing. My setup is a Macbook Air on a Rain mStand to the left of the monitor. Problem is, the thunderbolt cable is so big that I either have to the cable go in front of the screen, or put the Macbook Air and stand far enough away from the screen so that it's not in front of it.

I'd love to be able to place the Macbook Air screen directly next (or as close as possible) to the bezel of the monitor.

Does anyone know of a L style or similar Thunderbolt adapter?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
You mean you have it setup like this?

thunderboltcable.jpg

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Switch spots between the TBD and MBA so the power connector is on the TBD side.

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2006
Switch spots between the TBD and MBA so the power connector is on the TBD side.

Obviously I thought of that, but i'd rather not. I much prefer to have my laptop to the left of my screen. I was asking if anyone has run into this problem before, and if so, how they solved it.

In the example pic above, you can see there is some space between the laptop screen bezel and the Thunderbolt Display bezel. I'd love to get an adapter (or something) that would allow me to position the laptop as close as possible to the screen, while still keeping it on the left side.

This is my setup at work (macbook pro though not air), i'd like to match it as close as possible:

A5nsHl.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.