PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Newbie question: Mixing separate songs in to one song

Evangelion
Jun 19, 2012, 11:40 AM
OK, so it seems that I was assigned the job of handling audio in a "performance" me and some co-workers will be doing in the near future. And this involves mixing some music. Problem is that I have next to no experience with this.

The good thing is that my needs are simple (I hope). All I need to do is to take a half a dozen songs or so, take a short (about 15 seconds) segment of the song that will be played back, and then the song smoothly and gaplessly transitions in to next song. Simple enough.

What tools should I use for this? Audacity? I'm not really prepared to invest lots of money on this, since this is just a one-off effort :). The app to do this could be iPad-add (djay?) or a Mac-app, but the actual playback will be done with an iPad.

ObsidianIce
Jun 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
OK, so it seems that I was assigned the job of handling audio in a "performance" me and some co-workers will be doing in the near future. And this involves mixing some music. Problem is that I have next to no experience with this.

The good thing is that my needs are simple (I hope). All I need to do is to take a half a dozen songs or so, take a short (about 15 seconds) segment of the song that will be played back, and then the song smoothly and gaplessly transitions in to next song. Simple enough.

What tools should I use for this? Audacity? I'm not really prepared to invest lots of money on this, since this is just a one-off effort :). The app to do this could be iPad-add (djay?) or a Mac-app, but the actual playback will be done with an iPad.

Since this is a one of deal. Quicktime and Audacity should really be all that you need to do this.

Evangelion
Jun 21, 2012, 06:00 AM
Since this is a one of deal. Quicktime and Audacity should really be all that you need to do this.

Yeah, I ended up using Audacity for this. Thanks for the suggestion/confirmation :)