PDA

View Full Version : Powerbooks and Superdrive!

wendel
Nov 5, 2002, 08:25 PM
As the Apple Turns (appleturns.com) claims they are the only site that is reporting on Powerbooks with Superdrives

Uh... yyyyyeah. Well, there you have it, folks; at least one person (small and inexperienced though she may be) appears still to be expecting actual SuperDrives in the upcoming PowerBooks rumored to surface tomorrow, despite the fact that the entire Mac rumor community thinks otherwise. Ah, the wide-eyed na´vetÚ of youth, yeah? Anya's apparent prediction of speeds of 800 MHz and 1 GHz are also slightly on the high side of the watercooler consensus, but it's the SuperDrive prediction that's so darned precious; it's almost like she's asking Santa to bring her one for Christmas

madamimadam
Nov 5, 2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by wendel
As the Apple Turns (appleturns.com) claims they are the only site that is reporting on Powerbooks with Superdrives

Man, who ever wrote that is a c***
How rude!

bertinman
Nov 5, 2002, 10:15 PM
Really people, I don't really think they mean "THE ONLY ONE" to predict it, it's just a way of saying that not very many do, and that maybe they don't even since they have their newborn girl predict it!!

*laugh*

- bert :cool:

madamimadam
Nov 5, 2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by bertinman
Really people, I don't really think they mean "THE ONLY ONE" to predict it, it's just a way of saying that not very many do, and that maybe they don't even since they have their newborn girl predict it!!

*laugh*

- bert :cool:

I was refering to how they were speaking about the "girl".

Over Achiever
Nov 6, 2002, 08:05 AM
It doesn't matter, the powerbook superdrive is here.

See the thread started by arn:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=13932

(sorry i'm posting the same stuff to a couple of posts...i just wanted to funnel all the posts to one thread. Hope thats ok ;)

MacVault
Nov 6, 2002, 11:20 AM
Just wondering if 8-cm discs can be used in the new Superdrive in the Powerbook??? Anyone have the specs for the drive? Make/Manufacturer? Thanks! :)

arn
Nov 6, 2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by MacVault
Just wondering if 8-cm discs can be used in the new Superdrive in the Powerbook??? Anyone have the specs for the drive? Make/Manufacturer? Thanks! :)

Generally, you can NOT safely use the smaller CD-R's in slot load drives.

arn